Move Over Gates, Here Comes Slim

Topic locked
Move over Gates, here comes Slim Jul 04, 2007
Slim tops the world riches man:
http://www.gulfnews.com/business/General/10136727.html

I wonder where our sheikhs are on this list. They could potentially be the riches men in the world but who knows ?! :roll:

BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Jul 04, 2007
we are blessed that our sheikhs invest into the country to make a better place :D
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 04, 2007
I read somewhere that Sheikh Mohammed is number 6 or something, but Forbes does not count monarchy money. So the Queen is out too.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 04, 2007
gtmash wrote:I read somewhere that Sheikh Mohammed is number 6 or something, but Forbes does not count monarchy money. So the Queen is out too.

Actually, the reason why the Sheikhs are not there as they don't report their income... to anyone.

No reporting = no listing.

Still, Bill Gates would top them, and I imagine Bill Gates hides a lot of his personal wealth (that he can).
Dr.D
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 04, 2007
Dr.D wrote:
gtmash wrote:I read somewhere that Sheikh Mohammed is number 6 or something, but Forbes does not count monarchy money. So the Queen is out too.

Actually, the reason why the Sheikhs are not there as they don't report their income... to anyone.

Still, Bill Gates would top them, and I imagine Bill Gates hides a lot of his personal wealth (that he can).

Either way, Forbes still does not count monarchy money. The Sultan of Brunei was never on their list.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 05, 2007
gtmash wrote:
Dr.D wrote:

Either way, Forbes still does not count monarchy money. The Sultan of Brunei was never on their list.

Again, the Sultan of Brunei isn't obligated to report his earnings... I'm not sure any 'royals' are... hence Forbes decision not to list them... estimates or otherwise.
Dr.D
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat