MARS Chocolate Is TESTING ON MICE

Topic locked
MARS Chocolate is TESTING ON MICE Sep 28, 2007
A gruelsome and CRUEL Animal Testing discovery has been made- in relation to MARS Inc. It has been found that they are TORTURING MICE IN THEIR TESTS TO MAKE CHOCOLATE. Read the article below to find out exactly what investigators found MARS to be doing. :x Clink on the link to take further action by sending a personalized letter to the CEO. Takes 2 min!!

You will not eat their products after reading this!

MARS Inc. are the makers of products such as: SNICKERS, M&Ms, TWIX, Mars, Whiskas, Uncle Bens, Starburst and Skittles Candy.

HERSHEYs on the other hand has pledged to refrain from testing on animals.

Please don't support these horrible methods of testing. Many seem to forget that animals aren't objects afterall.

"Before stocking up on candy this Halloween, you should know that chocolate-maker Mars Inc.—creator of M&M's, Snickers, and other candies—continues to fund deadly animal tests despite the fact that the tests are not required by law and more reliable human studies could be used instead.

Mars has funded cruel experiments in which mice were fed a candy ingredient and forced to swim in a pool of paint. The mice had to find a platform to try to avoid drowning, only to be killed and dissected later. In another experiment supported by Mars, rats were fed cocoa and anesthetized with carbon dioxide so that their blood could be collected by cardiac puncture, a procedure that can lead to internal bleeding and other deadly complications. Mars also supported an experiment that involved cramming baby mice into small Plexiglas chambers and then submerging the chambers for nearly five hours in a chilled water bath to determine whether or not a chocolate ingredient affected the mice's breathing rates. In the second phase of this test, experimenters shoved tubes down mice's throats to force-feed them an ingredient in chocolate, deprived them of all other food, and finally killed them and cut them up for analysis.

Mars' top competitor, Hershey's, has pledged to PETA that it will not fund or conduct experiments on animals. Please urge Mars to follow Hershey's lead and immediately end all support for animal tests!

Personalized letters always work best. Feel free to use the following text, but your message will carry more weight if you write your own customized message and subject line."

Take Action on This Issue NOW:

http://getactive.peta.org/campaign/mars ... ekly_enews

beachbelle
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 28, 2007
Wow, I wonder how many gullible idiots will actually fall for this bullsh*t. I'm going to write a letter to Hershey's to tell them to stop their with their viral marketing campaigns and make better chocolates. I'm off to buy some Mars bars.
Medvezhonok
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 28, 2007
'A Mars a day, helps you work, rest and play!' What is a 'Hershey', and can it also help you work, rest and play?
mbwa shenzi
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 28, 2007
"continues to fund deadly animal tests despite the fact that the tests are not required by law and more reliable human studies could be used instead"

So the mice are being fed to death with chocolate? Nice way to go.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 29, 2007
You people are blindly critical, whatever it is ! This has nothing to do with Hersheys campaign, and its not smart to just assume that. These are the results of investigative reports conducted by PETA, which is the largest animal rights protection organization in the world.

How can you enjoy your Mars knowing what those helpless and speechless animals went through a lot of pain to make it. It just doesn't make sense. Nevertheless, some people can turn the blind eye and just continue doing the same thing. Bon Appetit!
beachbelle
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 29, 2007
beachbelle wrote:You people are blindly critical, whatever it is ! This has nothing to do with Hersheys campaign, and its not smart to just assume that. These are the results of investigative reports conducted by PETA, which is the largest animal rights protection organization in the world.

How can you enjoy your Mars knowing what those helpless and speechless animals went through a lot of pain to make it. It just doesn't make sense. Nevertheless, some people can turn the blind eye and just continue doing the same thing. Bon Appetit!

I'm guessing you are a vegan?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 29, 2007
Mmmm - Mars bar....

anyone tried a deep fried mars bar?

I haven't but it is something to try one day... next time I'm in scotland I will try it, just to say I've done it! :)

Beach belle, on a more serious note - have you looked to see what Mars says about these accusations? Did you check anything other than the PETA website to see if this e-mail had a basis in fact?

Please report back - I agree with the guys above, this smacks of a hoax...but I'll wait for you to post some links..

Cheers,
shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 29, 2007
Shaf

you cant be serious in eating or actually liking Mars Bars dipped in Batter and deep fried.I'm heaving at even the thought of it

:shock: :shock:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 29, 2007
bugger.
i thought this thread was about chocolate mice,
the ones we used to eat as kids...
burton
Dubai forums Addict
Location: meanstreets of satwa, outside your mosque, stealing your shoes...

Sep 29, 2007
mmmmmmmm and the white mice are the tastiest, tis like jelly babies always bite the head off first - yummy

:P :P
arniegang

Sep 29, 2007
arniegang wrote:mmmmmmmm and the white mice are the tastiest, tis like jelly babies always bite the head off first - yummy

:P :P

yeah strange, it's like
some universallly recognized law when
eating pic n mix sweets - always do the head first
not sure what it means...!

what about bottles? Do you chomp the base off first,
or the neck??
burton
Dubai forums Addict
Location: meanstreets of satwa, outside your mosque, stealing your shoes...

Sep 29, 2007
arniegang wrote:Shaf

you cant be serious in eating or actually liking Mars Bars dipped in Batter and deep fried.I'm heaving at even the thought of it

I've never had one - I've passed by chippies in Edinburgh and Glasgow which sell them, but never had the urge... perhaps it was just because when I wrote the last e-mail I was hungry? :lol:

They also do battered and deep-fried pizza slices!! :shock:

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 29, 2007
shafique wrote:
arniegang wrote:Shaf

I've never had one - I've passed by chippies in Edinburgh and Glasgow which sell them, but never had the urge... perhaps it was just because when I wrote the last e-mail I was hungry? :lol:

They also do battered and deep-fried pizza slices!! :shock:

Cheers,
Shafique

I really couldn't imagine what that would taste like fried in 10 year old "Fish & Chip" oil, no wonder Arnie was heaving :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 29, 2007
it is dispicable to test on animals such test as you describe.

Though care nothing for mice or rats, still don't condone such conduct.
abdulnafees
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 29, 2007
Firstly, PETA are beyond a joke, anyone who takes them seriously needs to have their own head cut open and examined. At best they're a bunch of bored rich kids with nothing better to worry about, at worst they're terrorists quite happy to vandalise, destroy and harm peoples properties and livelihoods.

As for chocolates... well, any food that is to be consumed by humans I endorse testing on animals first. Failure to test could result in some serious side-effects or problems.

Of course, Hershey chocolates taste like crap, so they obviously don't do ANY testing, on humans or animals.
^ian^

Sep 29, 2007
I'd just like to say that should you eat 'Lindt' Ecuador 75% Cocoa chocolate, it can officially lower your blood pressure! (6 grams a day is adequate) It's available in Choithrams.

I imagine I'd enjoy it more if was shaped like a mouse. Well, any kind of rodent would do. But not a cockroach, or a scorpion..or any insect really.

Mbwa 'Lindt Chocolate Company' shenzi
mbwa shenzi
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat