Lunch Option

Topic locked
Lunch Option Mar 31, 2008
We have been talking about nice dinner/venues for dinner. How about recommendation for lunch based on:
- good food
- not too expensive (like fine dining)
- not too heavy

Thanks!

BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Mar 31, 2008
The Gate building on Sheikh Zayed Road has got a few nice places for lunch. I suck with names but they are plenty.

I also like Shakespear's pasta...But NEVER order pizza there....Ever!
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 31, 2008
MC wrote:The Gate building on Sheikh Zayed Road has got a few nice places for lunch. I suck with names but they are plenty.

yeah but it aint' cheap: You have to drive to the place (petrol money) and will probably get a parking ticket (150 dhs) - if you find parking...

Just my cheerful self...
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 31, 2008
I still think making my own sandwiches is the best option... everything else comes a distant second.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 31, 2008
^ian^ wrote:I still think making my own sandwiches is the best option... everything else comes a distant second.

I think the same except I thinkg of it around lunch time and not in the morning or the night before...
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 31, 2008
There's one in DCC's foodcourt that cooks for you pasta the way you want like choices of sauce,veggies/meat....etc..and their servings are quite big... :)
Forgot the name also.... 8)
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 31, 2008
Kamath's
Mughal Durbar
SiveStar Bhavan
Ravi
Hyderabadi House

All in Bur dubai.. 2 - 5 mins walk from my work place. :P
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Mar 31, 2008
Concord wrote:
MC wrote:The Gate building on Sheikh Zayed Road has got a few nice places for lunch. I suck with names but they are plenty.

yeah but it aint' cheap: You have to drive to the place (petrol money) and will probably get a parking ticket (150 dhs) - if you find parking...

Just my cheerful self...

Nah parking is free at the gate for 2 hours if you get a receipt. I guess the driving part depends on if she lives/works near there. Meals cost 40 to 50, not sure what the intended budget was.
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 31, 2008
I still think Mc Donalds is the best place for lunch...Subway if you wanna be a little more helathy :)
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 31, 2008
MC wrote:I still think Mc Donalds is the best place for lunch...Subway if you wanna be a little more helathy :)

I thought you would miss this fast food for once..... :lol: :lol:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Lunch Option Mar 31, 2008
BabyDoll wrote:How about recommendation for lunch based on:
- good food
- not too heavy

Karachi Darbar is a good option if you into pak food.. 8)
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Lunch Option Mar 31, 2008
reviewer wrote:
BabyDoll wrote:How about recommendation for lunch based on:
- good food
- not too heavy

Karachi Darbar is a good option if you into pak food.. 8)

Never tried pak food. Dont fancy going down to bur dubai. Gate Building is a potential. Gourmet Burger is GOOD. Or Sanatori (italian place next door) I heard is good too. But I am on the Marina side. I prefer to enjoy the company when eating as appose to driving !!
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Mar 31, 2008
reviewer wrote:There's one in DCC's foodcourt that cooks for you pasta the way you want like choices of sauce,veggies/meat....etc..and their servings are quite big... :)

DCC? Dubai Country Club ??
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Mar 31, 2008
BabyDoll wrote:
reviewer wrote:There's one in DCC's foodcourt that cooks for you pasta the way you want like choices of sauce,veggies/meat....etc..and their servings are quite big... :)

Deira City Centre
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 31, 2008
BabyDoll wrote:

Dubai Country Club ? You;re really that hungry aren't you...off you go and get lunch and tell us what you have and for how much.....just remember you criterion....good food/not heavy, notoo expensive (cheap)..and no long drive....
:)
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 31, 2008
reviewer wrote:
BabyDoll wrote:

Dubai Country Club ? You;re really that hungry aren't you...off you go and get lunch and tell us what you have and for how much.....just remember you criterion....good food/not heavy, notoo expensive (cheap)..and no long drive....

Had plain yogurt and muesli :cry:
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Mar 31, 2008
BabyDoll wrote:
reviewer wrote:
BabyDoll wrote:

:evil: :lol: :lol: ok..thats shabby and chic...(on a diet?) Its salary day...... right
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 31, 2008
reviewer wrote:
BabyDoll wrote:
reviewer wrote:
BabyDoll wrote:

Yeah saving for tomorrow. The lunch quest is for tomorrow.

:evil: :lol: :lol: ok..thats shabby and chic...(on a diet?) Its salary day...... right
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Mar 31, 2008
:?: :?:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 31, 2008
:?: :?:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 31, 2008
Yogurt and pretzels...Seriously, try it!
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 31, 2008
reviewer wrote: :evil: :lol: :lol: ok..thats shabby and chic...(on a diet?) Its salary day...... right

Yeah saving for tomorrow. The lunch quest is for tomorrow.
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Mar 31, 2008
MC wrote:Yogurt and pretsells...Seriously, try it!

Auntie Annie is the best!
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Mar 31, 2008
BTW Starbuck's double chocolate muffin is not bad.
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Mar 31, 2008
Dammit! Quoted before I could edit!

Hmm you know you got me craving Starbucks now...I'm gonna head over and get something!
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 31, 2008
MC wrote:Dammit! Quoted before I could edit!

Hmm you know you got me craving Starbucks now...I'm gonna head over and get something!

Yeah make sure you get them to warm it up. The oozing chocolate is good. Not dead sweet and good for tea.

I am gettign hungry already !! :cry:
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Mar 31, 2008
Lemongrass ....
JMK
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 31, 2008
BabyDoll wrote:

Yeah make sure you get them to warm it up. The oozing chocolate is good. Not dead sweet and good for tea.

You should consult a doc.. where's all this food going? taking it based on your posts(food.. food.. food and now workouts).. either u are 130 kilos plus or u could be feeding them tape worms :P :twisted:
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Mar 31, 2008
St.Lucifer wrote:
BabyDoll wrote:

You should consult a doc.. where's all this food going? taking it based on your posts(food.. food.. food and now workouts).. either u are 130 kilos plus or u could be feeding them tape worms :P :twisted:

You mean tape worms can make me loose weight ?? Where can I get some? :lol: :lol:
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Mar 31, 2008
St.Lucifer wrote:You should consult a doc.. where's all this food going? taking it based on your posts(food.. food.. food and now workouts).. either u are 130 kilos plus or u could be feeding them tape worms :P :twisted:

Aint official until I get zee red bike. So, how much are you going to pinch in? :lol:
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat