London Bridge Is Falling Down.

Topic locked
london bridge is falling down. Jun 06, 2009
image you are ranked in the top 10 countries in the cricket. you are hosting the world cup. on the opening day of the world cup you happen to loose to a country where cricket is nt the national sport. where cricket was started some 4 years ago. and they loose to HOLLAND :S lol HOLLAND who arent even in the top 10. LOL

http://www.cricinfo.com/wt202009/conten ... 07598.html

england should stop playing all sports cos they are CRAP.

they only good at drinking but oh there is no world cup of drinking. even if it was za germans would beat them :D

rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 06, 2009
Oh dear. Lost to Holland. For shame.

hahahahahah
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Jun 06, 2009
Isn't that the game where Holland wanted equal footing and the UK team had to wear clogs for the game?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jun 06, 2009
I totally repell cricket, but after hearing this wonderful conquest...my heart warms a bit ;)

We needed a level playing field, so the clogs introduced. I think the English empire is at its lowest ever now.
The whole country is in embarressment. When will the government fail ?

:lol:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 06, 2009
RobbyG wrote:I totally repell cricket, but after hearing this wonderful conquest...my heart warms a bit ;)

We needed a level playing field, so the clogs introduced. I think the English empire is at its lowest ever now.
The whole country is in embarressment. When will the government fail ?

:lol:

the next election, unless he stands down before. shame really, but not as embarressing as some other countries I can think of
Scotsman

Jun 06, 2009
They still have British humour....some of the best humour around.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 06, 2009
congrats batty boy your team played well.

by the way where are the brits :D sage? chocoholics? anyone else I am missing??
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 06, 2009
That was quite an upset!

Reminds me of when Ireland beat Pakistan :(

I think its going to be an exciting tournament :)
redtilldead
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 06, 2009
rudeboy wrote:congrats batty boy your team played well.

20 - 20 is simply not cricket
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jun 06, 2009
sage & onion wrote:

I agree it's not real cricket... but if the English are losing then it's ok by me. ;-)

Go Aussie Go!

PS: What did you bastards do to Symonds? It was entrapment I tells you.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Jun 07, 2009
20/20 is not real cricket. A lot more upsets will happen in this form of cricket. It's more like a 90 minute football match where lower league teams can beat Premiership sometimes. England took their eye off the ball (LOL). Sheeet happens.

By the way it's amazing how d*ckheads who have no interest in cricket come out of the woodwork like worms when there's a chance to bash Britain.

It just shows how jealous they all still are...haha...it's great!

Captain, who may even be a cricket fan, we'll see what happen when the Ashes comes....hold your fast balls until then cobber or go back to that bastardised form of Rugger you call football :D.

Symonds forgot that cricket has had the fun taken out of it now. Raps on the knuckles for not being in bed at 9pm....shame really. Rugby going the same way.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2009
Speedhump wrote:20/20 is not real cricket. A lot more upsets will happen in this form of cricket. It's more like a 90 minute football match where lower league teams can beat Premiership sometimes. England took their eye off the ball (LOL). Sheeet happens.

By the way it's amazing how d*ckheads who have no interest in cricket come out of the woodwork like worms when there's a chance to bash Britain.

It just shows how jealous they all still are...haha...it's great!

Captain, who may even be a cricket fan, we'll see what happen when the Ashes comes....hold your fast balls until then cobber or go back to that bastardised form of Rugger you call football :D.

Symonds forgot that cricket has had the fun taken out of it now. Raps on the knuckles for not being in bed at 9pm....shame really. Rugby going the same way.

ha! :-)

I agree about 20-20. It's popcorn stuff. Real cricket matches involve several days off work and at least 4 hangovers.

Oh, and I just thought I would leave this here...

PS: Symonds is a champion, but he just refuses to play the game. He's a boozer, which is fine, but he just couldn't keep it discreet even when he knew everyone was watching him like a hawk after the last few incidences. Looks like it's IPL for him now, which is possibly better considering his power hitting but it's a shame he wont play for Australia for quite a while. Gotta say though, the man is enormous. Cricketers didn't look like this back in the day.

Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Jun 07, 2009
Plus you've gotta love the way he took out that streaker...

Warning - Not Work Safe -
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Jun 07, 2009
So we're 50/50 over the last 4 years :D

Symonds, yes the age of the gentleman cricketer is long gone... LOL

I think you guys may have trouble in the 20/20 as no-one can hear your sledging...?
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2009
Captain Australia wrote:Plus you've gotta love the way he took out that streaker...

Warning - Not Work Safe -

HAHAHA.

Not customer friendly.... :D

I did that to a guy who was robbing my local pub as he tried to make for the door full tilt. It's insanely good to do, reminds me of my worst excesses on the rugby pitch 20 years ago.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2009
Speedhump wrote:So we're 50/50 over the last 4 years :D

That's one way to look at it. ha! Well player sir :-)

Speedhump wrote:I think you guys may have trouble in the 20/20 as no-one can hear your sledging...?

Yeah, just like after the introduction of the stump microphone, we're going to have to rethink our strategy now.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Jun 07, 2009
Captain Australia wrote:
Speedhump wrote:So we're 50/50 over the last 4 years :D

That's one way to look at it. ha! Well player sir :-)

Speedhump wrote:I think you guys may have trouble in the 20/20 as no-one can hear your sledging...?

Yeah, just like after the introduction of the stump microphone, we're going to have to rethink our strategy now.

;)

It's not all your guys have in the bag we all know, but as a factor it's been a match wobbler! :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2009
Whoops. Quote is not edit.

PS: Symonds tried out for the Brisbane Broncos, an NRL team in our bastardisation of Rugby Union.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Jun 07, 2009
Some site wrote:At times, however, Australia has been unexpectedly run into the rails in the sledging stakes, perhaps most famously when fast bowler Glenn McGrath asked obese Zimbabwean chicken farmer Eddo Brandes why he was so fat, to which Brandes replied "Because every time I (make love to) your wife she gives me a biscuit."

I think the story has changed a dozen times over the years but God damn if that isn't funny.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Jun 07, 2009
Oh mate, I had an email with loads of those sledging comments, damned if I still have it though.... :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2009
If you need a chuckle, http://www.johnners.com/

Go to the 'gaffes and giggles' link on the left and listen to the last clip, Brian Johnston, the gentle voice of cricket commentary in the UK for ages, collapsing at the thought of Botham not getting his leg over...

I'm afraid the British generally don't take games seriously enough! After all, it's only a game :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2009
C'mon 20-20 cricket is tailor made for two things:

Upsets(more like flukes) and Match Fixing.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2009
Oh come on! It's cricket! Watching paint dry is far more interesting :wink:
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 07, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:Isn't that the game where Holland wanted equal footing and the UK team had to wear clogs for the game?

Yup at the end of teh game the scoreline read Clots 1 - Clogs 0
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2009
Captain Australia wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

I agree it's not real cricket... but if the English are losing then it's ok by me. ;-)

Go Aussie Go!

Damn it's gonna be so disappointing not to Symonds in action. There is so much more than meets the eye.

Ok here goes the first conspiracy theory:-

Not even a month back, he played in the IPL( only a couple of games) and his attitude was impeccable. No disciplinary issues whatsoever.
And here even before the start of the 20-20 WC he is sent back after arriving in Britain. C'mon Symonds is a veteran.
So an IPL possibility comes to mind.
Think about it. Symonds is a big draw. The IPL is on overdrive, two tournaments in a year, Champions League etc. Do you think Cricket Australia is gonna let a contracted player play so much cricket for his own interests? Plus Symonds team has won this years edition of the IPL.
Probably the guys at IPL made him a deal, quit International cricket, we'll double whatever CA is paying you come on over to our side.
For Symonds well what has he got to loose? He'll be retiring shortly, he has achieved everything there is to achieve in international cricket, so might as well go out making some big bucks!

I have come to this conclusion after analyzing Haydens retirement.
Could be far fetched. But have fun and post in some of ur thoughts on this!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:
Captain Australia wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Go Aussie Go!

Damn it's gonna be so disappointing not to Symonds in action. There is so much more than meets the eye.

Not even a month back, he played in the IPL( only a couple of games) and his attitude was impeccable. No disciplinary issues whatsoever.
And here even before the start of the 20-20 WC he is sent back after arriving in Britain. C'mon Symonds is a veteran.
Think about it. Symonds is a big draw. The IPL is on overdrive, two tournaments in a year, Champions League etc. Do you think Cricket Australia is gonna let a contracted player play so much cricket for his own interests? Plus Symonds team has won this years edition of the IPL.
Probably the guys at IPL made him a deal, quit International cricket, we'll double whatever CA is paying you come on over to our side.
For Symonds well what has he got to loose? He'll be retiring shortly, he has achieved everything there is to achieve in international cricket, so might as well go out making some big bucks!

MCL, a great construct, and tips a nod to the huge part that money depressingly plays in almost all professional sport nowadays. I'll defer to the Captain for a reply!
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:
Captain Australia wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Go Aussie Go!

Holy s***, you might be right here. There is an awful lot of money to be made if he is a free agent to play in the ILP.

Let me go consult my Cricket-Encyclopaedia friend and get his 2c's on it.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat