Live Rock Music

Topic locked
live rock music Jul 24, 2006
Hello people,

Just wanna know where there is live rock band music...play.
Similar to the one in Boston Bar, Irish Village....

thanks

tins210cd

tins210cd
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jul 27, 2006
Rattle snake but I wouldn't recommend it... The Lodge maybe and Rock Bottom
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 28, 2006
Rattlesnake is filipino band.

Rockbottom... i like this place alot, very nice band everyday but friday.
yshimy

thnks Jul 28, 2006
hmm rock bottom,, okie.. i think ther eis entry fee into that place, is that rite

lodge.. is it,,i thought there was jsut a dj and....

thnks
tins210cd
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jul 28, 2006
The live bands here in Dubai all suck to the bone. But I do sometimes come across certain musicians who can really play the bass, lead guitar and drums pretty well. It's usually the singers and their repertoire that spoils it all for me. The sound systems in most lounges are also equally bad. So in the end what you get is loud, noisy music coupled with out-of-key vocals blasting in your face.

Do make sure to have your dinner and to load yourself with enough alcohol to feel comfortably numb for what's in store. It's a golden rule to take before any live band comes on in Dubai in order to alleviate the pain somewhat.

That said, Dubai is simply not the place to be for any western contemporary or african dance music lovers.
Gene
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jul 29, 2006
Well, Gene, your views sounds harsh to me.

I'm not professional musician, nor a professional listener, i just go there to have a nice time and enjoy whatever is out there.

tins210cd,

I go there on weekends and yeah, they got entry fee, i don't know about week days.
yshimy

Jul 29, 2006
Well, I'm just kinda frustrated I can't get to hear any good (forget about great) bands playing in Dubai, that's all.

I'm sorry if I sounded harsh - I'm a music lover as well as the sporting kind; I love all kinds of music except the modern Arabic and Indian dance music (the kind with the mindless lyrics & loud thumping bass type) as well as to run and play badminton. But I realised Dubai just isn't the right place to be for these kind of activities. Music and sports don't mix well in Dubai.

The people here seem to be only interested in looking sharp, own fancy cars and party at the discotheques. Some are extremely shallow indeed - the kind that you keep around for a superficial friendship.

How great can a city be if it lacks the basic ingredient for its people?
Gene
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jul 30, 2006
What about the bands they bring to jambase, the ones i have seen have been awesome.

Also in Abu Dhabi the band that performs in the Jazz bar (Hilton) is pretty good.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 30, 2006
Been to Rattlesnake and Rockbottom.... not sure which is worse.

Believe it or not, went to the Hard Rock Cafe and they had a pretty decent live band playing there, although a little loud but then, I am getting older.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 01, 2006
I've been to rockbottom a few times. Entry is always free for ladies- all week. For guys there's a minor fee-not more than 40 or 50 max.

The bands are sometimes ok, not all of them. The crowd is not bad, with the pool tables inside, it attracts lots of people for different reasons. They also have free cocktail drinks on most days for ladies..the bands make me feel like im somewhere in the far east!!

This is great place for a weekday night, nothin else.
beachbelle
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 01, 2006
rockbottom - good choice of name.
I-No-Jack
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat