Lets Look Ahead

Topic locked
Lets Look Ahead Apr 22, 2009
There's no shortage doomsayers here on DF. And I guess a lot of us feel that Dubai's real estate crash can only get worse, a British author went so far to predict that Dubai's high rises and malls will be inhabited by stray animals.

But for the opportunists amongst us, lets debate Dubai of Tomorrow. With stocks ,real estate, REIT's etc.available at a bargain should one go out and invest? If yea then in what sectors? How does one forsee things panning out? Which sectors will recover first? Go ahead lend us your thoughts!

Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 22, 2009
I guess there ain't too many investors on this forum...eh?
Stocks in the UAE are at very attractive valuations. If you can wait out this year, or even 7 more months, be prepared to reap divedands. Kuwait and Bahrain are brilliant too....

Reas Estate I'm not so sure..Anyone with info on REITs?

With so many sports cities coming up, sports is ceratin to get a boost. Advantage Duplays here...Wonder what the mods at DF are waiting for?

Offcourse with Dubai borrowing heavily from conservative countries like Saudi and from Abu-Dhabi as well....one wonders what impact it'll have on Dubai?
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 23, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:I guess there ain't too many investors on this forum...eh?
Stocks in the UAE are at very attractive valuations. If you can wait out this year, or even 7 more months, be prepared to reap divedands. Kuwait and Bahrain are brilliant too....

With so many sports cities coming up, sports is ceratin to get a boost. Advantage Duplays here...Wonder what the mods at DF are waiting for?

Offcourse with Dubai borrowing heavily from conservative countries like Saudi and from Abu-Dhabi as well....one wonders what impact it'll have on Dubai?

For people that purchased 5 years ago Dubai is still a great place to be, and believe me, sensible people could never see the growth continuing. From now a much more realistic attitude will be seen I believe.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 23, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:I guess there ain't too many investors on this forum...eh?

No one will ever see the value that stocks, such as EMAAR, will ever reach those levels again. Most the levels reached in the past were inflated by manipulation.

Real Estate will make an adjustment and level out to realistic value.

Sports will give tourism a boost

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 23, 2009
Realism is the buzzword no doubt....but that dosen't mean any dearth in oppurtunities.

As far as stocks are concerned, manipulation might be rampant, but there is still oppurtunity. If you test the weak market efficiency theory of ADSX one notices a correaltion of index returns with a lag of 4 days. The correlation is around 0.69 So for prudent investors there are profits to be made!

Have anyone seen the website Duplays, I see no reason why DF can't do something similar. Considering that DF aldready has the userbase.

Real Estate, well it's not so much about price correction but about where you pick up your properties. I'm still doing research on some of the more profitable areas in Abu-Dhabi and Dubai.

The question is how can the average investor benefit from these times...
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat