Important Info For Facebook Users

Topic locked
Important info for Facebook users Sep 28, 2012
Dear Facebookers - Your private inbox messages are now visible for all to see, from 2007 and later. This could get VERY awkward, very quickly...this is a new change from Facebook as of yesterday. Don't believe me? Read your timeline from those years...yikes! They look like wall posts.....they are not!

There's an easy fix--when you're in your own timeline, just click on the year on the right (2007..., 2008, 2009) and you'll see a box with a bunch of friends' messages and a header that says 89 people have written on Brian's timeline--hover over the right until you see the pencil, click and select hide from timeline. do that for each year.

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Important Info For Facebook Users Sep 28, 2012
pfft
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Important Info For Facebook Users Sep 29, 2012
Sadly Nuc, it's awful what FB have done! Allowing all and sundry to see private messages in a persons time-line?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Yup, this is not the first time FB has done something like this.

--- Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:29 pm ---

They are saying it is not true http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/techn ... -1B6071010
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

They can say it's not true all they like - I checked my TL and sure enough, there they are.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

I've checked my FB. My private messages aren't visible. I can only see messages people have actually posted on my wall.

My cousin sent me a private message yesterday and it's definitely not on my timeline.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

I have also tried to check as per the details provided above and I do not find any problem
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Important Info For Facebook Users Sep 30, 2012
It's not in the current time line, but from previous years, so if you click on 2011 or before you"ll see a cluster saying blah blah and however many people posted on your wall. It seems it's a problem for some but not for others. Mysteriously though it seems to be on the mend the last day or so.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat