Holiday From The Heat

Topic locked
Holiday from the Heat Jun 03, 2006
Hey - I'm looking for assistance in picking a reasonable holiday destination as i'm having trouble finding something that is within our price band and satisfies what we are looking for. Am I looking in the wrong place? Trying to book a holiday in this country is a nightmare.

Trying to find a beach holiday in July with snorkelling / diving leaving from Dubai or Abu Dhabi - location flexible, but preferrably cooler than here, ideally not more than dhs 10000 for a week to ten days.

Does anyone have any suggestion as to where to go to book something, cos I have literally spent all day today trying to find something suitable. Even the name of a good travel agent would be a start!!!

Ta muchly
RD

RachelDavis
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Holiday from the Heat Jun 03, 2006
RachelDavis wrote:Hey - I'm looking for assistance in picking a reasonable holiday destination as i'm having trouble finding something that is within our price band and satisfies what we are looking for. Am I looking in the wrong place? Trying to book a holiday in this country is a nightmare.

Trying to find a beach holiday in July with snorkelling / diving leaving from Dubai or Abu Dhabi - location flexible, but preferrably cooler than here, ideally not more than dhs 10000 for a week to ten days.

Does anyone have any suggestion as to where to go to book something, cos I have literally spent all day today trying to find something suitable. Even the name of a good travel agent would be a start!!!

Ta muchly
RD

Suggest you look at going to Salalah in Oman at that time of year. Weather there is cooler and there are beaches and hotels. Gets booked up though. Alternatively look at the Meridien Al Aqua Beach Resort in Fujeirah/Dibba...Indian ocean but still hotter n' hades!

Travel agents: Try Airlink at Dubai Airport or Emirates Holidays/DNATA.

Best of luck!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 03, 2006
Apparently the diving in Jordan is amazing, also Egypt.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 04, 2006
Yes both are red sea destinations. Aqaba and Sharm El Sheikh. Both are cooler than Dubai but still hot :)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 04, 2006
Did consider Lebanon or Turkey ?!!
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 04, 2006
All very good destinations - but where can I go to book a good deal on a package for these places, or is it better to adopt a DIY approach and book everything separately?

RD
RachelDavis
Dubai Forum Guest

Jun 04, 2006
I would DIY it and use lonley planet and internet research. But Dnata is a good travel agent i deal with for my buisness travel, not sure if they are the best in terms of price though.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 04, 2006
BTW when you choose a destination post it here and i am sure you will get alot of good tips ...
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 09, 2006
MaaaD wrote:Yes both are red sea destinations. Aqaba and Sharm El Sheikh. Both are cooler than Dubai but still hot :)

I was in Sharm El Sheikh and I loved it. Highly recommended! :lol:
leelola
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat