His Highness Shaikh Mohammad - A Man Of Honour

Topic locked
His Highness Shaikh Mohammad - A man of honour Nov 25, 2007
Mohammad gives Dh1.7b to Dubai Cares

Dubai: His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, on Sunday announced that he would match the figure raised by the Dubai Cares campaign.

He said: "I am a leader. I usually lead. But why did I wait till the end? To double the budget."

Shaikh Mohammad made the announcement at a ceremony at Madinat Jumeirah to mark the close of an eight-week charity drive that raised over Dh1.7 billion to help educate one million children in poor countries around the world.

With Shaikh Mohammad's announcement, the total raised will be Dh3.4 billion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Based on a long-term strategy of investing in community-based, education programmes, ‘Dubai Cares’ will use the donations to build and renovate schools, train teachers, promote gender equality in education, provide teaching materials, offer scholarships, organize school feeding programmes and establish annual medical check- ups for students in some of the poorest countries in the world.

Shaikh Mohammad's sons and daughters acted as ‘ambassadors’ of the campaign, working tirelessly to garner support beyond domestic borders.

They toured several impoverished countries to gain first-hand information and met with government officials and students to personally review their requirements.

The Comoros Islands, Yemen, Djibouti, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Chad and Sudan were some of the countries that the Dubai Cares flag traveled to.

The Dubai Cares campaign was launched by Shaikh Mohammad to channel Dubai’s philanthropic efforts towards education in poor countries around the world.

The campaign is Dubai’s contribution to a global drive to help countries achieve their UN Millennium Development Goals of providing primary education to every child by 2015. It is founded on the belief that education is the best long-term solution to poverty and an effective engine for national development.

hack88
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: His Highness Shaikh Mohammad - A man of honour Nov 25, 2007
hack88 wrote:The Comoros Islands, Yemen, Djibouti, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Chad and Sudan were some of the countries that the Dubai Cares flag traveled to.

Thanks Mo.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 25, 2007
Thats why there is no care for Labour in Dubai and i have serious doubts if there is any court exist in Dubai:=). Its like General P.Mushi claims to be God and Paki Superme court calls it valid :=).

Thats why we think a man never see under his own balls :wink:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 25, 2007
HP wrote:Thats why there is no care for Labour in Dubai and i have serious doubts if there is any court exist in Dubai:=). Its like General P.Mushi claims to be God and Paki Superme court calls it valid :=).

Thats why we think a man never see under his own balls :wink:

HP... that made none, absolute zip, zero sense whatsoever.
^ian^

Nov 25, 2007
who says i ever make the sense :lol:

But why Mohammad gives Dh1.7b to Dubai Cars ?

He wants to have nice cars around the city or what? :oops:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: His Highness Shaikh Mohammad - A man of honour Nov 25, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
hack88 wrote:The Comoros Islands, Yemen, Djibouti, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Chad and Sudan were some of the countries that the Dubai Cares flag traveled to.

Thanks Mo.

I don't think he likes being called Mo. Only Westernised "Muslims" named Mohammad like to call themselves Mo.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 26, 2007
HP wrote:who says i ever make the sense :lol:

But why Mohammad gives Dh1.7b to Dubai Cars ?

He wants to have nice cars around the city or what? :oops:

Do you always have to be so idiotic?,

Read this

http://www.gulf-news.com/nation/Education/10170231.html
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 26, 2007
sage & onion wrote:

Read this

OK! Then lets talk about the facts instead of reading a news and letting it go without discussion. I thought unlike Ian , might be you got some hidden message in my text. but lets make it open :=)

news paper quotes
"
that raised over Dh1.7 billion to help educate one million children in poor countries around the world ".

Is he doing enough in his own country ? Does he take care of human rights in own country ? One can question about the poor labours from poor countries , who dont get enough salaries and have to work under hard conditions in his own Country? Is he entitle to distribute the money to other countries ?

So be rational instead of acting emotional.
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: His Highness Shaikh Mohammad - A man of honour Nov 26, 2007
gtmash wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

Thanks Mo.

I don't think he likes being called Mo. Only Westernised "Muslims" named Mohammad like to call themselves Mo.

Somehow I don't think he'll be reading this anyway.
^ian^

Nov 26, 2007
HP wrote:Is he doing enough in his own country ? Does he take care of human rights in own country ? One can question about the poor labours from poor countries , who dont get enough salaries and have to work under hard conditions in his own Country? Is he entitle to distribute the money to other countries ?

for the first point, name me another leaders other than the U.A.E's ones who were able to develop a country such as this one. To be honest no other ruler has spent their income and care as much as our rulers.
There are people who approach matters in an optimistic or pessimistic way, you choose the other one i believe. Did the locals in this country ship these labours by force from their country to come and work here or was it their choice?

A person like me cannot really see how challenging is to develop a city/country in a short time like this and still make his people happy, its a difficult task to do.

Its great the Sheikh Mohammad is helping other countries which is not his responsibility to do so, and help the children find education, knowing that it will help them in their future.
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 26, 2007
HP wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Read this

OK! Then lets talk about the facts instead of reading a news and letting it go without discussion. I thought unlike Ian , might be you got some hidden message in my text. but lets make it open :=)

news paper quotes
"
that raised over Dh1.7 billion to help educate one million children in poor countries around the world ".

Is he doing enough in his own country ? Does he take care of human rights in own country ? One can question about the poor labours from poor countries , who dont get enough salaries and have to work under hard conditions in his own Country? Is he entitle to distribute the money to other countries ?

you should be rational and leave the country that gives you no rights what so ever as you clam. if you really believe so !!! or is just about the money HP

Mohamed, he is a media guy I'll give you that . but who are you to question what he has done for his country ? leave this question to locals . but to satisfy you stupidity he is providing housing, youth business funding, jobs and security ,education and the best health care there is daaaaa something you didn't get from your leaders HP .

and regarding the ( poor labors ) they are human you know !! they are getting paid $5 in their (poor countries) worst conditions with no health care and around $150 here !! do the math stupid. and finally regarding the human rights the Minster of labors of India admitted him self that only Indians owned companies and Indian mangers are the ones causing those issues of human rights. and yes he is entitle to distribute the money to other countries , who else stupid? and it is called donations from people who ( unlike you ) really care.
firefingers

Nov 26, 2007
HP wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Read this

news paper quotes
"

WOW!!! I've never seen you this charged up :D ! Even your engrish has improved. :D
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 26, 2007
firefingers wrote:
and regarding the ( poor labors ) they are human you know !! they are getting paid $5 in their (poor countries) worst conditions with no health care and around $150 here !! do the math stupid. and finally regarding the human rights the Minster of labors of India admitted him self that only Indians owned companies and Indian mangers are the ones causing those issues of human rights. and yes he is entitle to distribute the money to other countries , who else stupid? and it is called donations from people who ( unlike you ) really care

Indian managers or companies are working in Dubai and they atre subject to Dubai Law. Dubai should impose their law in such a way that no one can flirt with them isnt? They should revoke the license of subject companies . Your leader should make it sure people get paid on right time and they are treated good .

Was it not Islam orginated from Middle east ? Have you not read , how Holy Prophet used to treat labours ? Europeans are not religious but they have some moral standards :) .

About 150 US $ =
You should consider different factors and at end you should calculate "Net saving". If you are bad in economic like me , then use google.com.

Net saving = Total salary- expenditure
* expenditure doesnt mean drinking , clubing
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 26, 2007
Bleakus :

I have nothing against him. I am not asking that he should pay them for "Paint ball", all i was asking that he should care of poor people working in his own country .

If i give any small country to Donlad Trump , i bet he can make it paradise :) .Development is considered as developing buildings right ?
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 26, 2007
Sheikh Mohammed should definitely be the last person to be criticised for whatever his action. So far it has only been commendable.
If not, it would still be a closed country,
If not, you and I and probably most of the expats will not be here,
If not, globally wouldnt know about this little city

Sure with a country that has grown so big and quickly, there are bound to be hiccups and the Sheikh no doubt is under a lot of pressure to maintain and sustain such performance as neighbouring cities/countries are watching/learning from him.

Running a household is mind boggling as it is, think about running a city!
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Nov 26, 2007
I understand he had done enough and he would do a lot but i was only thinking about poor labours in Dubai :=). The first thing European notice is human rights :lol:

PS"
Labours in Islam

The Holy Prophet (PBUH) said: “Your brothers are your servants whom Allah has made your subordinate, he should give them to eat for what he himself eats and wear for what he himself wears and do not put on them burden of any labour which may exhaust them. And if you have to put such burden on yourself (in these works).
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 26, 2007
Sure. May you be reminded that he is the only Sheikh who tried to clamp down on labour mistreatment. Remember only a few months ago when Dubai has gotten more stringent on the working hours etc?

Agree more should be done but its not an easy job. At least he IS doing something.
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Nov 26, 2007
HP wrote:Bleakus :

I have nothing against him. I am not asking that he should pay them for "Paint ball", all i was asking that he should care of poor people working in his own country .

If i give any small country to Donlad Trump , i bet he can make it paradise :) .Development is considered as developing buildings right ?

lol "paintball", good one :D, too bad im gonna miss the meet with you HP, it would be fun

but yeah well, problem will still happen, solving this issue might take time and great effort, i believe that better will happen eventually for everyone
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 26, 2007
Ok HP,

Sorted. For the meet when you are in Dubai there will be no food, drink, smoke or paintball all monies will instead be donated to labourers in Dubai...
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 26, 2007
Ha ha witty
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Nov 26, 2007
Concord wrote:Ok HP,

Sorted. For the meet when you are in Dubai there will be no food, drink, smoke or paintball all monies will instead be donated to labourers in Dubai...

I never announced that i would give 1 bn for education . :lol:
Education is waste of time .
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 26, 2007
Bleakus wrote:
HP wrote:Is he doing enough in his own country ? Does he take care of human rights in own country ? One can question about the poor labours from poor countries , who dont get enough salaries and have to work under hard conditions in his own Country? Is he entitle to distribute the money to other countries ?

for the first point, name me another leaders other than the U.A.E's ones who were able to develop a country such as this one. To be honest no other ruler has spent their income and care as much as our rulers.
There are people who approach matters in an optimistic or pessimistic way, you choose the other one i believe. Did the locals in this country ship these labours by force from their country to come and work here or was it their choice?

A person like me cannot really see how challenging is to develop a city/country in a short time like this and still make his people happy, its a difficult task to do.

Its great the Sheikh Mohammad is helping other countries which is not his responsibility to do so, and help the children find education, knowing that it will help them in their future.

First of all, Great Job Shk.Mohd. To point out a few things..

Bleakus .. no doubt he's a great leader ..but there are many countries and many leaders... but i think we'll have talk about state leaders or province leaders because of Dubai's size.

For fire fingers. FAO Indians are probably the ones who built this place... both in terms of buildings, economy, market, business et al. And no its not only Indian companies that ill treat its labours.

But all said.. this was a very kind deed.. keep up the good work but yes dubai should take more attention to its own problems. And Y do we (outsiders- non locals- can never be citizens) say all these. coz we live her, we buy houses here, we spend money here, we like it here but we want the place to be better.. remember.. there would be no dubai without all of us.. including the locals
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 26, 2007
BabyDoll wrote:Sure with a country that has grown so big and quickly,

Big?

With only around 4-5 mil people?

HP probably has more people in his school :lol:
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 26, 2007
HP wrote:
Concord wrote:Ok HP,

I never announced that i would give 1 bn for education . :lol:
Education is waste of time .

HP, if education is a waste of time, as you have stated, you should come and join your brothers (Labourers) here. You are really showing yourself to be stupid with these kind of statements.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 27, 2007
BabyDoll wrote:Sheikh Mohammed should definitely be the last person to be criticised for whatever his action. So far it has only been commendable.

Sure with a country that has grown so big and quickly, there are bound to be hiccups and the Sheikh no doubt is under a lot of pressure to maintain and sustain such performance as neighbouring cities/countries are watching/learning from him.

VERY TRUE babydoll
SHiekh Mohammed has done something good and you people don't seem to appreciate him ,
hack88
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 27, 2007
hack88 wrote:
BabyDoll wrote:Sheikh Mohammed should definitely be the last person to be criticised for whatever his action. So far it has only been commendable.

VERY TRUE babydoll
SHiekh Mohammed has done something good and you people don't seem to appreciate him ,

Looks to me like all the comments have been of appreciation with the added thought that perhaps more should be done by the powers that be to improver the laborer's living conditions/wages etc. A legitimate observation.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 27, 2007
HP wrote:

Is he doing enough in his own country ?

Yes he is doing more than enough and this is non of ur buisness

Does he take care of human rights in own country ?

The government is doing their best but we know they will never be satisfied, I assure you that our human rights record is better than most of other countries, Is it better in your country?

One can question about the poor labours from poor countries , who dont get enough salaries and have to work under hard conditions in his own Country?

If they dont get engough salaries then why they are here?, In their countries they are beaten with stick to work good and you know very well which countries I mean.

Is he entitle to distribute the money to other countries ?

I am sorry but it is a Stupid question
uaebadoo
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 27, 2007
uaebadoo wrote:
HP wrote:

The government is doing their best but we know they will never be satisfied, I assure you that our human rights record is better than most of other countries, Is it better in your country?

[

You may want to check here and compare, etc.

http://www.amnestyusa.org/Our_Issues/By ... n1=3&n2=30
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 27, 2007
I think it's a great effort, so long as when the charity gets to its destination it is put into place in a proper and transparent fashion.

I recall reading that Bob Geldof was devastated to find that about 70% of his Live Aid for Africa funds were misappropriated along their way to their final destination. He called this the high cost of giving aid - as there was little they could do. He ended up bribing a lot of people with his own money to ensure the aid got there.

The sad fact is, a lot of these places need aid because of their own corrupt governments take advantage of the situation, and see the aid as a means of releasing them from their own internal social responsibility to their people.

If it gets to where it needs to go, it should be applauded as a fantastic effort. If less than 50% of it gets to those who need it, it was just another marketing exercise for Dubai.

Call me cynical, but I have had a reasonable amount of exposure to aid organisations in my time, and have born witness to misappropriation.

The Red Cross is one such organisation that is now so top heavy, it spends a tremendous amount of its aid money on paying the salaries of the 'administration'.
^ian^

Nov 27, 2007
Concord wrote:
uaebadoo wrote:
HP wrote:

[

You may want to check here and compare, etc.

http://www.amnestyusa.org/Our_Issues/By ... n1=3&n2=30

The one who are asking for human rights, Look what they are doing

http://www.agrnews.org/issues/278/cover.jpg

http://www.uruknet.info/pic.php?f=1741254.jpg

http://www.thewe.cc/thewei/_/images12/u ... crimes.jpe

http://files.pcadvance.co.uk/ssaw/uploa ... -%20we.jpg

http://quebec.indymedia.org/files/thumbs/16667_th.jpg
uaebadoo
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat