High School Reunions

Topic locked
High School Reunions Dec 11, 2011
Had a highschool reunion today. It was a very bad experience. There is a reason why people don't see each other for more than a decade and loose sight. In the first 10 min, three people told they were surprised to see me, as they were sure I will end up in the gutter. I'm wth allover! Somehow this upset me. It was a disaster and I left very early and went for a drink. :-). I did sing God save the queen the whole evening and right now I am
in the gutter. :-).

How was your highschool reunion?

Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: High School Reunions Dec 11, 2011
I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your reunion FD.

Ive never been to a high school reunion. Being a Forces child we moved around all the time and I went to three different high schools in different parts of the country. They weren't schools especially for Forces kids and I never kept in touch with anybody nor had any wish to see them again. The only girl I can remember from my school in London was called Conchita and the only reason I remember her was because she had a bloody silly name.

This year I was invited to a Regimental reunion. We left Germany in 1992 and that was the last time I saw most of the people we were with except for my best friends who I have seen regularly over the years.
The only reason I went was because I was assured my ex-husband would not be there. It was a weekend do and we all met up in a hotel near Liverpool.
It was weird seeing everybody again, they all looked so old and decrepid! Of course I have not aged at all over the last 19 years :P
The main topic on conversation seemed to be what medication they were on :shock:
The only good part was seeing someone I had really fancied years ago. He looked a bit older but he still had that twinkle in his eye. Some men just never lose it. I think I'll go back next year :D
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Could never stand the thought of going back to the place and meeting the people that I was educated with.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I was invited for a school reunion several years ago. It was a rather upper class Private School, and they were having their Golden Jubilee celebrations for having completed over a hundred years in the business of education. I went with the family and thought I would show them around the school grounds etc. I had rather nostalgic memories. One was when I was about 14 or 15 and 2 or 3 of my friends wanted to grab something from me, and in order to escape them I ran into the Rugby field and clambered straight up the rugby goal post to sit astride the cross bar. It was night time, and the two on the ground decided to shake the goal post to dislodge me. That was one of the most terrifying experiences of my life! Had I fallen from there I could have sustained serious injuries. Maybe I would have been a better person now.The memory still remains fresh. However, the reunion itself turned out to be a damp squib! Instead of meeting 'boys' and 'girls', I met elderly men and women! We eyed each other up and down, postured a little, and told each other stories of how successful we had been in the rat race dropping names and innuendo. We spent a rather good night in very decent accommodation, but next morning left for home, and didnt stay the next two days as per the program.
I have no intention of going back again.
Unless I am tempted with something really really nice :D . Like a replacement for the missus? :shock:
zonker
BANNED

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat