Ok, Here It Goes: You've Been Punk'd !!!!

Topic locked
Ok, here it goes: You've Been Punk'd !!!! Mar 03, 2010
I said I would keep the PM for 3 months. Perfect timing :lol:

name withheld wrote:
Greeting XPT.

Welcome to DF.

I’ve been enjoying the XPT /Concord exchanges from the comfort of my couch and laughing my head off.

Some brief history about DF. I have been a member for some time and also think Arniegang and Sage are biased in their moderating duties. Before I joined, there used to be a member here by the name “concord”. From time to time the name came up. If you do some search on the forum you will find that the name concord and discussions about him and another member Ian have been raised by others. In the past 1-1/2 years on the forum I have met a few people outside of the forum including some who knew concord but I have not met him. Concord and Ian formed a separate forum and it was closed. I never joined it. You will note Arniegang harping on that as if somehow it means anything.

*xxxxxxx* who has been a DF member for a long time but rarely posts these days and I decided it would be fun to register “concord” on the forum and post things that Arniegang and Sage would recognize from concord’s previous posts (I was told that would be easy to do by just going back on a few topics in fight club). But we wanted to make it interesting. So we decided to create an e-mail address to register using concord’s first name (which I knew from another member) along with the word concord in it. That is, ***.Concord@yahoo.com . We knew that once Arniegang or Sage got a hint they would look up the e-mail address and think it was the real concord. We used the name “ballbraker” (the name may come up eventually). But they did not realize that ballbraker was using ***.concord@yahoo.com until very late as we got a little carried away and ballbraker was banned. It takes a minute to create a new e-mail address, username, and password.

It may be that you share my IP address although I don’t believe either Arniegang or Sage when it comes to identification of members especially when one factors in VPN’s and other similar programs or devices. Besides, if you explain that you are not concord it will get you nowhere as those two always want others to believe they have special knowledge and powers by virtue of being moderators. You’ll see.

My suggestion is that you ignore them and post freely. I don’t think you need to stop complaining if you think your posts are being unfairly censored or deleted. If you or others remain silent then we will have a dull and overly controlled forum. You are not the only one who has noticed their bias and censorship.

If you should decide that it would be fun to continue this charade about XPT and Concord I have a suggestion. Explain that you are not concord (which they will not believe) while at the same time sending hints that you are concord. Here are some “hints” you can send:

1. Use the word “net nannies” when referring to moderators. Concord used the term.
2. Make lists especially about who you like or dislike.
3. Use the word “moral”, “morality” and “high and mighty” a lot.
4. Misspell simple words.
5. Write about dogs and K9 friends.
6. Ridicule the games lounge.
7. Type “good luck” at the end of your posts in the help forum.
8. Complain about the UK (apologies if you are from the UK).
9. Comment that all Arniegang talks about is making money in real estate and being moderator. The part about being moderator is a recurring theme of Sage also. You already know the moderator part but may not yet know the I-have-money and I-made-money-in-real-estate part but will come up as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow.
10. Or do what we did. Just go back to any of concord’s previous posts and repeat the text word for word. Amazingly they never caught before on until too late (but may in this case – funniest thing).

With those hints and their belief that you are concord it would make for some interesting posts.

I could have done the same, and did, but since they have picked on you I figure it would be even better this time around.

At one point there may be a DF meet although there have been none organized thru DF in a long time. It would be way cool if you showed up so that everyone knows you are not concord especially if you continue leading them on.

My name is **** and number is 050*** **** ring me if you wish.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A CLASSIC !!!!!!!

XPT
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Ok, here it goes: You've Been Punk'd !!!! Mar 03, 2010
Whooehhehahahah, this is classic bait. Wonderful. :lol:

You see mods..., you think you know, but you realllyy don't. ;)
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

RobbyG wrote:Whooehhehahahah, this is classic bait. Wonderful. :lol:

You see mods..., you think you know, but you realllyy don't. ;)

You believe it then RG?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Well, I'm not a believer as you know, but when I read sensible stuff like this:

My suggestion is that you ignore them and post freely. I don’t think you need to stop complaining if you think your posts are being unfairly censored or deleted. If you or others remain silent then we will have a dull and overly controlled forum. You are not the only one who has noticed their bias and censorship.

Credibility is easily obtained. :wink:
RobbyG

RobbyG wrote:Well, I'm not a believer as you know, but when I read sensible stuff like this:

Credibility is easily obtained. :wink:

Good for you m8, it is probably done together with his best mate Ian, who certainly does have a better command of the English language.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

And Conc's point is ??? It proves nothing other than Conc's has written in a post and quoted it"

All it does show is that Concs has spent a lot of time writing - he needs to get out a bit more.
arniegang

Just admit it guys, you were punked bigtime here. :D

Now go back to your daily chores and reflect on yourselves. Bias = Not healthy, as it triggers the effect of Blowback.

Thanks for the great laugh, XPT.
RobbyG

RobbyG wrote:Just admit it guys, you were punked bigtime here. :D

Now go back to your daily chores and reflect on yourselves. Bias = Not healthy, as it triggers the effect of Blowback.

Thanks for the great laugh, XPT.

Considering your posts mainly consist of facts and links Robbie i am surprised you think we have been punked with no evidence as such.

Sage and i have not been punked, indeed far from it. All it has confirmed to Sage and i is that you arn't as smart as you like to make out you are if you truely believe Conc's post.

(hint)
The main error in his post is that "xxxxxx and i " so say registered the username Concord - they didnt, there is still only 1. The only user we have associated with Concord is XPT.

The other error is that Mods cannot see individuals email address's.

As a matter of fact DubaiDog (a close friend of Ian and Conc's) confirmed Conc was using username Ballbraker.
arniegang

I'm still laughing.

By the way , RG, the credit belong to another poster. Active by the way :wink: Believe me when I tell you I was very tempted to make the post earlier but held off. I figure Arniegang and Sage would stop their nonsense but...So there you have it!

Arniegang, admitted man you and your buddy fell for it: "hook, line and sinker" :lol:

Nice try. No one said that 2 usernames were created what the poster said was that he and someone else created "an e-mail" and "username" (singular). But listen, if I had been punked the way you have I would look for a "come back". Sorry.

Previously you mentioned that someone confirmed to you that ballbraker was concord. I asked for such confirmation. It never came. Now you tells us of a name "dubaidog" a poster who, as far as I recall, has not written and single post since I joined (coincidence? Perhaps not).

Anyway it has been fun and to use your words "I know what I know. End of." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
XPT
Dubai forums Addict

Well HELLLLLLLOOOOOOOO! I haven't posted here in ages, but happened to peruse the forum and see the hot debates of late! If I can pipe up for a second.....yes, Ian and I are excellent friends, and I can assure you that neither he nor I have anything to do with this XPT character. As far as Concord, I doubt that as well. Concord has not been around in ages, and last we spoke, he was back in his home country.

Further to the above, having met Concs many, many times, I can tell you he could not spell if his life depended on it. There is not a chance he wrote that PM to "himself"....having played Pictionary and Trivia with the guy, he can barely read a multisyllabic word, and misspells four letter words quite unintentionally.

Looking at the title of this thread, I can say unequivocally that #1, Concs would not have put a comma after "ok", #2, would not know how to use a colon, #3, would not know the word "Punk'd" as he is hardly from the MTV generation.

Arnie, not cool to say that it was me who confirmed this "Ballbraker" character. You and I have corresponded plenty, but never about forum shenanigans. Perhaps you have me confused?

Tonight being Wednesday, Ian and I meet to toast a Guiness to Concord's memory. He is missed in many forums it seems. If anyone wants to join, we'll be at the usual haunt.

All the best,
DD

P.S. As per usual, had a heckuva time logging in, and thankfully, copied my typed post.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Ahh this pm really really seems to be fake!! who is gonna do that and why?!! I dont knwo who is Concord etc etc, but this pm can not be real! sorry XPT!

Hey let's have a DF meeting, then we can see who is XPT?!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

dubaidog wrote:Well HELLLLLLLOOOOOOOO! I haven't posted here in ages, but happened to peruse the forum and see the hot debates of late! If I can pipe up for a second.....yes, Ian and I are excellent friends, and I can assure you that neither he nor I have anything to do with this XPT character. As far as Concord, I doubt that as well. Concord has not been around in ages, and last we spoke, he was back in his home country.

Further to the above, having met Concs many, many times, I can tell you he could not spell if his life depended on it. There is not a chance he wrote that PM to "himself"....having played Pictionary and Trivia with the guy, he can barely read a multisyllabic word, and misspells four letter words quite unintentionally.

Looking at the title of this thread, I can say unequivocally that #1, Concs would not have put a comma after "ok", #2, would not know how to use a colon, #3, would not know the word "Punk'd" as he is hardly from the MTV generation.

Arnie, not cool to say that it was me who confirmed this "Ballbraker" character. You and I have corresponded plenty, but never about forum shenanigans. Perhaps you have me confused?

Tonight being Wednesday, Ian and I meet to toast a Guiness to Concord's memory. He is missed in many forums it seems. If anyone wants to join, we'll be at the usual haunt.

All the best,
DD

P.S. As per usual, had a heckuva time logging in, and thankfully, copied my typed post.

Hey DD

It is quite a coinsidence that you logged in the very day your name was mentioned - isn't it ? :wink:

Furthermore, it is even more interesting and an even bigger coinsidence that your last post was on the 22nd November and XPT joined the forum on Nov 22nd. :wink:

Mate you did indeed confirm to me that Ballbreaker was Concs - this was after you told him "to let it go" in open forum and, after he thought it was a laugh posting a poll on who as too who would be a Mod after i had departed. I may be ill DD, but senile i am not.

Just because Concs isnt in Dubai doesn't mean he doesn't post. Yea we all know he goes home for a break to see Mrs Concs on a regular basis. In any event XPT could be a shared used between 2 0r 3 parties :wink:

I have never insinuated on this forum you have any connection with XPT, likewise i had never mentioned you have any connection with Ian. Perhaps you have me confused.
arniegang

Sorry XPT, but, I too have a hard time believing this PM.

Questions that come to mind:

1- Why would someone, who doesn’t know you, bother to write such a long PM to you. Was that just to make you feel better ???

2- Why would the sender have to go thru all that trouble he described in the PM? Wow…! Was it to just to piss off Sage and Arnie?? Hardly worth it!!! Don't you think??

3- You said you kept this PM for 3 months! That means you got it just a few days after you joined this forum. Was that enough time for your sender to assess your situation with Sage and Arnie!! Hardly imaginable!!

4- Is it a coincidence that DD suddenly appears after such a long absence to support your case??

I didn’t say you made all that up, but I’m just a bit suspicious!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

XPT wrote

Nice try. No one said that 2 usernames were created what the poster said was that he and someone else created "an e-mail" and "username" (singular). But listen, if I had been punked the way you have I would look for a "come back". Sorry.

Hey Concs i know you didnt write the original post and yes i agree with DD you couldn't write credible English if your life depended on it, one of your friends posted this:

*xxxxxxx* who has been a DF member for a long time but rarely posts these days and I decided it would be fun to register “concord” on the forum and post things that Arniegang and Sage would recognize from concord’s previous posts

As i said previously there is only 1 registered user called concord. It's either a typo or confusion. I would say confusion, because "xxxxx and I " had confirmed they registered a username called "concord" . This is not true and impossible, as there cannot be 2 users with the same username.

Again, as i said before, no Mod can see anyone's registered email address, so all the stuff about xxxconcord@yahoo is of no relevance, sage and I had no knowledge then or now. Only Admin has the ability to see users email addy's :wink:
arniegang

Alot of rebuttal around nothing... The fun around this all is that... you mods still feel punked! :D

Better use your energy in the politics department. This topic is just a punker. Relaxx ;)

Sage and Arnie - Beefed Jerkies :mrgreen:
RobbyG

Re: Ok, here it goes: You've Been Punk'd !!!! Mar 04, 2010
dubaidog wrote:Arnie, not cool to say that it was me who confirmed this "Ballbraker" character. You and I have corresponded plenty, but never about forum shenanigans. Perhaps you have me confused?

Confirms what I suspected was the case since obviously I know that Arniegang has zero credibiitly in thinking he knows what he does not know.
XPT
Dubai forums Addict

melika969 wrote:Ahh this pm really really seems to be fake!! who is gonna do that and why?!! I dont knwo who is Concord etc etc, but this pm can not be real! sorry XPT!

Hey let's have a DF meeting, then we can see who is XPT?!

1. PM real but hey: you are entilted to your opinion.

2. Let me know when and were. Sure willl be interesting to meet Arniegang.
XPT
Dubai forums Addict

arniegang wrote:
dubaidog wrote:Well HELLLLLLLOOOOOOOO! I haven't posted here in ages, but happened to peruse the forum and see the hot debates of late! If I can pipe up for a second.....yes, Ian and I are excellent friends, and I can assure you that neither he nor I have anything to do with this XPT character. As far as Concord, I doubt that as well. Concord has not been around in ages, and last we spoke, he was back in his home country.

All the best,
DD

Hey DD

It is quite a coinsidence that you logged in the very day your name was mentioned - isn't it ? :wink:

Furthermore, it is even more interesting and an even bigger coinsidence that your last post was on the 22nd November and XPT joined the forum on Nov 22nd. :wink:

Mate you did indeed confirm to me that Ballbreaker was Concs - this was after you told him "to let it go" in open forum and, after he thought it was a laugh posting a poll on who as too who would be a Mod after i had departed. I may be ill DD, but senile i am not.

Just because Concs isnt in Dubai doesn't mean he doesn't post. Yea we all know he goes home for a break to see Mrs Concs on a regular basis. In any event XPT could be a shared used between 2 0r 3 parties :wink:

I have never insinuated on this forum you have any connection with XPT, likewise i had never mentioned you have any connection with Ian. Perhaps you have me confused.

Aren't you the guy bleating about broken records????

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
XPT
Dubai forums Addict

Tom Jones wrote:Sorry XPT, but, I too have a hard time believing this PM.

Questions that come to mind:

1- Why would someone, who doesn’t know you, bother to write such a long PM to you. Was that just to make you feel better ???

2- Why would the sender have to go thru all that trouble he described in the PM? Wow…! Was it to just to piss off Sage and Arnie?? Hardly worth it!!! Don't you think??

3- You said you kept this PM for 3 months! That means you got it just a few days after you joined this forum. Was that enough time for your sender to assess your situation with Sage and Arnie!! Hardly imaginable!!

4- Is it a coincidence that DD suddenly appears after such a long absence to support your case??

I didn’t say you made all that up, but I’m just a bit suspicious!!

8) 8)

1. I did not know at first why the person did it but learned (through pm exchange) that the person dislikes Arniegang's moderating, etc. And that person is free to reveal who she/he is. In addition the person has a sense of humor - warped you might say - and thought it would be funny. It certainly is.

2. Seems so.

3. You are being too literal here I meant dec,jan,feb (not exactly 3 december). Anyway as it often happens one does not join a forum on the very first day. It may have to do with the fact that right away I was being attacked because I complained about the moderating on this forum and what was told I could move on, etc. and the concord name popped up. You are free to go back and look (or wait for Arniegang to do it for you). I could have said in my month 1 month or nothing at all but after Arniegang and Sage percisted with their belief and obsession on concord I was about to post the PM but thought it would be more interesting if I waited. It was worth it.

4. Sure is. What are you insinuating?

I reckon from your posts that Arniegang is your friend but that is irrelevant viz-a-viz who is who.

See at the meet :wink:
XPT
Dubai forums Addict

I haven't figured out the quote function yet. Just wanted to say that, Arnie, as far as the Ballbraker thing goes, I have no clue. I'm not sure how I would have confirmed that to you seeing as I never knew what Conc's other personalities are. I DO recall a post I did somewhere in the past saying to let it go, I do not recall what it was about, but I remember thinking that someone was acting like a douchebag. Perhaps I suspected it was Concs or something? Who knows.

As for a coincidence posting the day my name was mentioned? Completely a coincidence. I check the forum regularly, but rarely post. I know you, as a MOD, are able to see IP addresses, so clearly you can see that I am me and not another. I guarantee that you will see that I post from the same IP all the time (until I moved last year).

The forum has been a bit dull of late, so this XPT cat is kinda amusing. Back when I joined in 2007, the forum was fast moving and was generally quite helpful. If it has turned into a who's who because of the tough times, and not many questions that are Dubai-related, that's cool too. I'll play along.

DD
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

XPT wrote

4. Sure is. What are you insinuating?

He is insinuating Concs, that DD knew about this via the telephone with a view to give your alter ego more credibilty.

DD's credabilty is zero in my book now that he has publicly denied telling me you were ballbreaker. Shame, i had a lot of respect for him and never thought he would stoop so low as too give support to a and sick psychotic idiot like you Concs.
arniegang

I haven't figured out the quote function yet. Just wanted to say that, Arnie, as far as the Ballbraker thing goes, I have no clue. I'm not sure how I would have confirmed that to you seeing as I never knew what Conc's other personalities are. I DO recall a post I did somewhere in the past saying to let it go, I do not recall what it was about, but I remember thinking that someone was acting like a douchebag. Perhaps I suspected it was Concs or something? Who knows.

You told me about it in a "pm" mate :lol:

You also "forgot" to reply after inviting my wife and I to "the show" in London with Mrs DD. I guess you forgot about that as well :wink:
arniegang

Arnie, I must confess u seem to were right about the XPT/Concord!

Anyhow, I dont think there is anything wrong with being Concord! :wink:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

You know something!

This whole thing sounds too bizarre and doesn’t make any sense!!

But…. what can I say???

Well...OK…I think I got it!!

I think this is probably one crazy practical joke (prank) being played on Arnie and Sage by their old friends!!! Including DD, hence the timely appearance!!!

So c’mon guys!!! Let's have the punch line!

This prank is getting too drawn out….and becoming too silly!!!

:) :) :)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

I'm sure someone, somewhere is getting a chuckle out of this. But for me:

Which is exactly what DF has become. :arrow:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:I'm sure someone, somewhere is getting a chuckle out of this. But for me:

I second that motion. 8)
RobbyG

Re: Ok, here it goes: You've Been Punk'd !!!! Mar 05, 2010
Bora Bora wrote:I'm sure someone, somewhere is getting a chuckle out of this. But for me:

Things are pretty slow around here these days!!!

We need excitement!!

This XPT vs Mods saga is all we've got right now.

Be kind to us!!!

We’re so bored..................!!!!!

:( :( :(
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat