Heart Disease Leading Cause Of Death In UAE

Topic locked
Heart disease leading cause of death in UAE Sep 20, 2011
I'm glad to see that the Health Authority is going on a health drive, it really is necessary. The UAE now has one of the highest rates of diabetes and obesity worldwide.

People really need to start thinking seriously about their health, ditching the junk food, rely less on home help and doing their own chores, exercising more etc

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-news ... ath-in-uae

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Heart Disease Leading Cause Of Death In UAE Sep 20, 2011
Very true. In every family you can find more than 2-3 people suffering from diabetes.
I believe its due to the lack of exercise, due to the lazy lifestyle, people eat a lot and walk less.
symmetric
BANNED

Re: Heart disease leading cause of death in UAE Sep 20, 2011
I know it's difficult for people not to lead sedentary lifestyles in the heat, but it saddens me when you see so many over weight people, especially children. They're set up for a lifetime of health issues. It doesn't take much to make life changes and diabetes and other problems that can seriously damage your health are reversible.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Heart disease leading cause of death in UAE Sep 20, 2011
Let it be, natural selection at work.
capsicum
BANNED

Re: Heart disease leading cause of death in UAE Sep 21, 2011
capsicum wrote:Let it be, natural selection at work.

lold, but seriously its a personal choice. people are too lazy in the UAE mainly because of the long work hours. its pretty hard to drag your ass in the gym and lift heavy stuff, takes alot of motivation and self discipline. :albino:
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Heart disease leading cause of death in UAE Sep 21, 2011
It's not natural selection though is it, when it's people lifestyle choices that cause the problem. Plus it's not just lack of exercise, it's poor diet - parents stuffing their childrens and their own faces with junk food, day in and day out.

Simple things like doing your own house work or running around after your own children, instead of paying someone else to do it, would make a huge difference. Granted people work very long hours here, but small changes can make a huge difference.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Heart disease leading cause of death in UAE Sep 23, 2011
Thanks for the post :)
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Heart Disease Leading Cause Of Death In UAE Sep 25, 2011
great post. Smoking is also a pretty big contributor. and its VERY common in the UAE.
WellWisher
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Heart Disease Leading Cause Of Death In UAE Sep 26, 2011
Smoking was "literally" everywhere in Lebanon!
During my visit to Beirut, I was really annouyed with everyone smoking around me, it was very rare to be in a place with no one smoking.
symmetric
BANNED

Re: Heart Disease Leading Cause Of Death In UAE Mar 06, 2012
Hi dear,

It is true heart disease is becoming the leading cause of death in UAE and Europe.
The main reason of the these heart diseases is the use of fast foods and moe cholestrol foods.

Maitland Fitness
Lambert125
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat