Have You Ever Checked Up On Your Partner?

Topic locked
Have You Ever Checked Up On Your Partner? Feb 02, 2012
I watched an interesting discussion on breakfast telly this morning while eating my porridge.
Of those surveyed, 10% of men said they had checked up on their wives or partner by reading their emails or checking their mobile phone and 60% of women admitted doing the same.

Now, I find myself in the minority as I would never dream of reading anything that wasn't meant for me. Never would I try to hack into anyones email and I certainly wouldn't pry into another's mobile phone and I expect the same courtesy in return. I would be frightened I read something I wished I hadn't!

I once had my emails read at work by the IT manager. It was a weird feeling knowing someone had been reading my emails, I felt violated.

Would you check up on your partner and how would you feel if someone checked up on you?

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Have You Ever Checked Up On Your Partner? Feb 02, 2012
Never checked up on my partner. Some people I do check, but not illegal like hacking into mail account. Well, once a friend challenged me I couldn't hack into his hotmail account. Three days later he had to pay up :-).
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

I believe in: If you go looking for trouble, you will find it. Some things should be left alone. My cell and Mr BBs cell are left out in the open where either of us could pick it up and take a peek.

But I do tend to give Mr BB a good sniff when he comes home late. :D
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

I have checked a few texts the odd time when looking for something, not emails. Girls are mad for it though, always checking
barryob
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Have You Ever Checked Up On Your Partner? Feb 04, 2012
barryob wrote:I have checked a few texts the odd time when looking for something, not emails. Girls are mad for it though, always checking

That's very naughty barry, if i'd have caught you checking my phone, you would be missing a vital part of your anatomy.

--- Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:23 pm ---

Flying Dutchman wrote:Well, once a friend challenged me I couldn't hack into his hotmail account. Three days later he had to pay up .

It's all about passwords, FD. They say the most popular ones are your mother's maiden name or birthdates.

I get sick of passwords, phone, email, DF, Facebook and I think I have at least 20 to remember for work. The most important is the one for my excel spreadsheet where I have all my passwords listed. Crack that and you have access to my overdraft. :D
Bethsmum

Re: Have You Ever Checked Up On Your Partner? Feb 05, 2012
I feel the same way bethsmum, hate passwords particularly cuz of my gold fish memory. Get the password for any one of my online accounts and you've got access to all :P
tony89
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Well the OH and I have the passwords to each others laptops, so it's all open and we can check each others anytime we like. Phones are left out and never hidden. Never and issue really. If you have nothing to hide, why hide it?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:If you have nothing to hide, why hide it

Eh? That doesn't make sense Chocs.
Bethsmum

Re: Have You Ever Checked Up On Your Partner? Feb 06, 2012
Bethsmum , Yes it does. Quite simply if a person is being honest, then they have no issues leaving phones about or laptops open, giving over passwords etc. If someone has something to hide, they never let their phone out their sight.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

I don't know.. I haven't tried it. In my 10 years relationship, my husband never gave me a reason to doubt the trust I gave him and vice versa. :)
Elissa1984
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Chocoholic wrote:Bethsmum , Yes it does. Quite simply if a person is being honest, then they have no issues leaving phones about or laptops open, giving over passwords etc. If someone has something to hide, they never let their phone out their sight.

I meant your English grammar Chocs.

'If you have nothing to hide, why hide it'.

That does not make sense. You can't hide 'nothing'.
Bethsmum

LOL it makes perfect sense to my weird brain. You know what I mean.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Have You Ever Checked Up On Your Partner? Feb 08, 2012
No I don't... I don't have one :p
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Have You Ever Checked Up On Your Partner? Feb 10, 2012
Hmm...weird though tempting sometimes but i always believe in "WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW,WONT HURT YOU" so why bother to look into others personal things not unless your up to some fight.LOL!
Vulnerable
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat