Gym Memberships

Topic locked
Gym Memberships Jan 25, 2006
Does anyone know the monthly fees for gym memberships?. I heard someone saying that 3000/year, which I think it's too expensive. What about physical trainers in the gyms?. I would appreciate any comment, help. Thank you....

indi
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Gym Memberships Jan 25, 2006
indi wrote:Does anyone know the monthly fees for gym memberships?. I heard someone saying that 3000/year, which I think it's too expensive. What about physical trainers in the gyms?. I would appreciate any comment, help. Thank you....

i used to go at GYM in dubai and it costed me 300/350 AED per month. Food is very cheap and i used to eat a lot and i thought before my belly come out and people consider me pregenent ,i better run :) .Just find some cheap place around ,dont go at big hotels , and try to bargain :)
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 26, 2006
it really depends which gym you gonna join........there are gyms which cost 100/150 per month..........and therse is one gym in bur dubai in musalla towers (dragon center) where the price 1800 form 3 months!!!!......so its really depends which gym u gonna go 2 :)
aduberdu
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 26, 2006
I think most of the apartments or work acommodations have already the gym facilities... I wouldn't say they are super, but it has enough equitments and depends on the tenants in your place, if they look after the equiments or not.

If you really want to join gym it depends what your are looking for. My work's has a club house, it has a special price for 3000 Dhs per year for gym only memebership. I think this is a normal price for "good & luxury" gyms. However, I have seen some "biker/ganster style" (not sure if you have a better word to decribe it) type of gym houses and I think it will be a lot cheaper.
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 26, 2006
Hi,

Gimme a few days and you will have the complete listing on the gyms , healthclubs, Spas,Beach clubs,Sports clubs,Scuba, yoga, massage, martial arts, dance, cruises, safari , Pool maintenance, nutrition & supplements, Sports/gym equipment retailers/dealers and much more in dubai just a click away:) With a special facility to find a gym which has womens only section and timing.:)

A few days away:)

Cheers
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 27, 2006
any of the smaller gyms have all the equipment yuo need and are only a fraction of the price, but they're not pretty (and sometimes not air conditioned). the one I go to now is 100 dirhams a month
intercepting_fist
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 28, 2006
Jebel Ali Club costs about Dh1,000 a year for membership which includes the cardio machines, weight machines and free weights (not sure about classes though). It also has a swimming pool. However the pool gets overrun by noisy school classes, not great for paying members.

Ibn Battuta mall has a new Fitness First gym - it costs around Dh350/month (depending what deal you get) which includes all group classes as well as use of their extensive array of brand new cardio machines, weight machines and free weights. Classes range from aerobic-type exercise to yoga.

Personal trainers at both places would cost extra.
secretdubai
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat