Gym Membership & Joining Clubs

Topic locked
Gym Membership & joining clubs Nov 06, 2008
Hi All

Hoping to move to Dubai in the next couple of weeks, I have researched some of the posts on here about gyms but the main one suggested appears to be friends first! Its not cheap (just for a gym!) and I would consider paying more for the membership as I would ideally like to find somewhere, where I could take advantage of the facilities; ideally an indoor/outdoor pool, if possible private beach (which I know may be linked more to Hotels), spa, sauna, etc. I would pay more for these facilities as it would be more of a lifestyle club!

I would presume Hotels are very costly, but any opinions or suggestions would be welcome! Also if there are not many options with a private beach - what is the beach situation in Dubai - do you pay into a Hotel to use their private beach?

Thanks

mizzyk
Dubai Forum User

Re: Gym Membership & joining clubs Nov 06, 2008
mizzyk wrote:Hi All

Hoping to move to Dubai in the next couple of weeks, I have researched some of the posts on here about gyms but the main one suggested appears to be friends first! Its not cheap (just for a gym!) and I would consider paying more for the membership as I would ideally like to find somewhere, where I could take advantage of the facilities; ideally an indoor/outdoor pool, if possible private beach (which I know may be linked more to Hotels), spa, sauna, etc. I would pay more for these facilities as it would be more of a lifestyle club!

I would presume Hotels are very costly, but any opinions or suggestions would be welcome! Also if there are not many options with a private beach - what is the beach situation in Dubai - do you pay into a Hotel to use their private beach?

Thanks

Unfortunately, the kind of service you are looking for comes with a hefty price tag! The private beaches are exclusive to the mainly 5 star hotels and you wil pay between 250 - 350Dhs per day for the use. Not all hotels allow it.
Membership of one of the hotel spa and gyms will set you back between 12,000 and 18,000Dhs per year!
Public beaches are free and you can pay a little guy 15Dhs for the hire of a tatty umbrella and sunbed, but be prepared to be stared at.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 06, 2008
I think you mean fitness first? Umm yeah great gym, been a member for 3 months and have yet to go :roll:

Not sure I can help you with the other stuff but yeah, it will be really expensive.
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 06, 2008
basic amenities in dubai are expensive....... I paid 10 dollars for a yr in my uni and it was much bigger and better than apple and health club in emirates tower. expect to pay 4000 dhs for medium range gym.....

The cheapest one is coloseum in Karama which I have yet to visit.
desert surfer
Dubai Forums Talker

Nov 06, 2008
Geez that is expensive, your right I meant FITNESS First :roll: :lol: so I guess I am better off paying the gym separate and then for a treat pay the 250/300dhms for private beach! I really would not feel comfortable with all the staring, what about outdoor pool facilities???

Thanks for the replies
mizzyk
Dubai Forum User

Nov 07, 2008
mizzyk wrote:Geez that is expensive, your right I meant FITNESS First :roll: :lol: so I guess I am better off paying the gym separate and then for a treat pay the 250/300dhms for private beach! I really would not feel comfortable with all the staring, what about outdoor pool facilities???

Thanks for the replies

All the hotels have outdoor temperature controlled pools, some fancy schmantcy, some rather glorified puddles.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 13, 2008
I recently was looking for a club for my family and yep was getting all in the price range of 18-20K ..........finally took it up at the Sheraton Deira for 2500 for half the year. Great facilities. Pool/gym/sauna/steam/jacuzzi/20% off all treatments & meals etc. Good deal. Recently renovated too! Excellent changing rooms :)
Lady Aligator
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 14, 2008
im a member of fitness first, no complaints except they need better personal trainers... not that im in need of one.
Waqsy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 14, 2008
how much does fitness first charge?
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 14, 2008
im paying around 4800 annual.
Waqsy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat