Great Bellydancing

Topic locked
Great bellydancing Feb 10, 2011
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Great bellydancing Feb 10, 2011
kanelli wrote:This woman has fab technique!

Who is it? I like Rachel Brice.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Great Bellydancing Feb 10, 2011
Very skillfull indeed
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Great Bellydancing Feb 10, 2011
After having spend a decade in the tourisn industry which equals to a live belly dance show almost everynight of the year. I've grown extremely tired and bored of it. Many a times I will be just ignoring and eating dinner while some of mates will be gawking and saying dude " oh check this out, check that out "....."yeah what ever, pass the salt mate"

Also having watched literally thousands of perfomances by many many performers over the years. I'd say this girl is intermediate at best. There is a lot to belly dancing than just the hip shaking. A good belly dancer will keep you entertained for hours incorporated tricks, props, clever music, audience participation etc etc and ofcourse not to forget the belley dancing, which as I said is more than just hip shaking.

Unfortunately most Desert camps nowadays use cheap unskilled east european women as their dancers, gone are the days where original trained mostly arab women were used by the industry. But ironically the best in the field was a dutch woman but as she grew older she stopped giving live performances and last I heard she opened up her own school in dubai. She also drove very well off road in her little manual transmission Rav 4 and generally a very nice lady as some of the dancers were truly biatches ! I can never forget this Syrian woman we used, good dancer but horrible attitude. Thank god she got married and stopped !
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

The Ductch lady , I used to attent her belly dane class in DXB , both of her personality and the dancing skill are Fab .
love4peace
Dubai Forum User

America's got talent?!!!
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Great bellydancing Feb 11, 2011
We have our own exotic dancer, famous in the North of England! She entertains the tourists in Blackpool and goes by the name of Sticky Vicky.

Now BM hasn't been to one of her shows but a young lad in my team has confided in BM that Vicky removed the top from his bottle of Bud with her lady bits. Now I've thought long and hard about this and BM has challenged him on his story but he insists it's true!

Vicky isn't getting any younger it seems (which makes the story even harder to visualise) and has her daughter Vicky jnr. in training to take over the entertainment.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Great Bellydancing Feb 11, 2011
Yes benwj, I think this is the Sadie who was in America's Got Talent with her friend.

I think she's better than above average after this one song. Of course there are some women who are better at interpreting different pieces of music and use props and such, but drum solo dances are not easy and I think she did a great job.

FD, Rachel Brice is great too - has a very unique style. Jillina is another one of the Bellydance Superstars artists I enjoy, as well as Sonia.

I wish I could dance as well as they do! Oh well, its fun anyway :)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat