Fun Facts About Dubai

Topic locked
Fun facts about Dubai Nov 20, 2009
It’s Hotter than the Guidebooks will have you believe.

Don’t believe all that travel brochure guff about it having a “warm climate, ideal for sunbathing.” Even the most seasoned sunbather will be unable to spend more than 5 minutes on the beach during the height of summer without being barbecued.
Oh, and the humidity often reaches 100%, which in layman’s terms means the maximum amount of water the air can possibly carry while still being air.

canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 20, 2009
if those are your words, then i guess you have just not adapted to the climatic conditions in the emirates...

nice picture btw :P
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Nov 20, 2009
No not my words. Some information I got off the net. I was just trying to add a little fun to the forums.

In 1968, there were reportedly only 13 cars in the whole city.

It was reported (if perhaps unverifiable) fact that many residents wish today was still true, as many spend up to 3 hours a day in pile-ups. The problem is so bad, that even double decker roads have been introduced.
canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 21, 2009
Dont think those double decker roads are going to solve this up.. infact traffic problems are never going to be settled in Dubai :shock:
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Re: Fun facts about Dubai Nov 26, 2009
It has the world’s most ambitious, well, everything

Tallest Man-Made Structure? Yep. Tallest Hotel? Yep. Biggest Mall? Yep. World’s biggest Aquarium? Yep. Second largest man-made Marina? Yep. It has even broken the record for being the city with the largest number of people named Mohammed.

canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Fun facts about Dubai Nov 26, 2009
Tallest Man-Made Structure? Yep. Tallest Hotel? Yep. Biggest Mall? Yep. World’s biggest Aquarium? Yep. Second largest man-made Marina? Yep. It has even broken the record for being the city with the largest number of people named Mohammed.

It certainly does not have the biggest Mall I believe that several cities in China have far bigger ones.

And considering a city such as Riyadh has a bigger population than the whole of the UAE I believe that your last item is also incorrect.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat