Frezing Of Bank Account In Dubai

Topic locked
Frezing of bank account in Dubai Mar 08, 2009
Hey any bankers around?? This may be a question that most people have in their minds.

I heard that in the case of a job lost, the organization is obliged to inform the bank (where salary is credited) immd and that the bank will immd freeze your account. While this appears to be true, can someone throw light on the 2 other situations?

What about other bank accounts that the person may hold? eg. a savings bank account in another bank? What about a fixed deposit or a cash certificate in another bank? Will this be frozen also?

What about a bank account of an immd sponsored. eg. What about the savings account of the wife where the husband is the sponsor? Will the wife's account also get frozen?

DPS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 09, 2009
that is not true, banks do not freeze any accounts of any terminated employees, or any of their relatives. Even in case of unpaid debts, they will not freeze your accounts, they will throw you in jail, but they will not touch your bank account unless you signed bad checks or if there is a judgement against you.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 11, 2009
Bank account might get frozen, more likely if you have an outstanding loan. Joint accounts also. Spouses account if s/he not on company sponsorship (or yours via company) shouldn't. Other bank accounts probably not, especially if you didn't tell your primary bank or company about them.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 14, 2009
I know someone who has a 130k left on his bank account. He was trying to withdraw everything but the bank doesn't allow him.

The bank said it's because he still has a 30k loan which is in contract for 1 year.

He said he'll just pay off the whole amount including the interest and guess what the bank said... They said "No" and that he has to pay the amount as normal.

He's not even allowed to withdraw part of his money.

Good thing his salary is transferred to another bank.

I told him to just report it.

I don't know what happened next.

It's just sad to hear this kind of things.
What I do now is just withdraw my salary and keep it at home where I think it's safer.
skipperman
Dubai Forum User

Mar 14, 2009
skipperman wrote:It's just sad to hear this kind of things.
What I do now is just withdraw my salary and keep it at home where I think it's safer.

Why not to open new account in ANOTHER BANK for Debet card and use it after you have withdraw your salary or make money transfer beetween banks?
Navigator
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 14, 2009
How can you tell which bank is safer?
skipperman
Dubai Forum User

Mar 14, 2009
In many ways can tell "HOW". Not this is a matter.
Use foreign bank, which will transfer from local account to another country.
It takes comissions but makes your money unreacheable for local goverment and of course banks.
Navigator
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat