England 2 Holland 3

Topic locked
England 2 Holland 3 Mar 01, 2012
I don't usually drink during the week, except on special occasions, if I'm stressed, or if there is a 'Y' in the day.
I made an exception this evening as England were playing Holland in a friendly at Wembley.
I have a friend who has a friend who works at the FA. He told me yesterday that she offered him some tickets and he turned them down. They included entry to the posh bit upstairs in Wembley where the beer and pies were free. If he'd known that I wanted them I could have had them. That sent me into a spirral of depression. I can't believe I've missed out on a pair of free tickets with free beer and pies. I could have invited FD to be my +1!:D

I thought we did ok on the whole but when Holland scored I was a bit pi$$ed off. I went to refill my glass of Chardonnay and when I got back to the best seat in the house, Holland had sneaked another one in and Chris Smalley was laid out cold and Huntelaar had a mouth full of grass! I wasn't that bothered about Chris as he plays for Man Utd in his day job.
It was nice to see that half of Manchester City's team were in the England side. Nearly all of them knew the words to God Save Our Gracious Queen. I would make that a pre requesite to playing for England. if you don't know the words, bugger off!

They thought it was all over but the lads stepped up to the mark and we scored twice! Yay!! Stuart Pearce nearly cracked a smile but that Ion Robben scored again!!!
At this point I was shouting and my little dog Alfie was barking his head off! Beth was oblivious as she had her headphones on!!

Holland won in the end, bummer!

I didn't like Hollands strip, it was all black and I didn't like ours, it was all white.

I wonder if i could get a job as a sports correspondent?
flag-england-flagge-quadratisch-85x85.gif
flag-england-flagge-quadratisch-85x85.gif (589 Bytes) Viewed 724 times

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: England 2 Holland 3 Mar 01, 2012
Bethsmum wrote:I have a friend who has a friend who works at the FA. He told me yesterday that she offered him some tickets and he turned them down. They included entry to the posh bit upstairs in Wembley where the beer and pies were free. If he'd known that I wanted them I could have had them. That sent me into a spirral of depression. I can't believe I've missed out on a pair of free tickets with free beer and pies. I could have invited FD to be my +1!:D

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat