Emirates Identity Authority (Eida) ID Cards

Topic locked
Emirates Identity Authority (Eida) ID cards May 04, 2010
Anyone without the Emirates Identity Authority (Eida) ID cards will soon be denied government and banking services across the country, a senior government official said on Monday.

Have you applied for an Emirates ID card? Why or why not? If yes, have you used it for any service? Tell us about it

LATENIGHTLIVER2
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Emirates Identity Authority (Eida) ID cards May 04, 2010
Don't have 5 hours to waste sitting in the queue to get one.

Want to volunteer to sit there for me?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Yeah yeah they've said that how many times before already?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

I'm still using my library card.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Emirates Identity Authority (Eida) ID Cards May 04, 2010
Emirates ID infact should only for Emiratis ( as some minister high up once said )or unless there was any scope of any long time expat gaining citizenship, Which currently there isn't any. Don't us expats have enough cards already to carry around with us. All of us already have and carry around Labour Cards, health cards, driving licence, passport photcopies and a blood and stool sample around with us already.

I really don't see th epoint other than to provide some govt work to some lazy louts, award lucartive govt contracts and make more money on our behalf.

And yes every few months or so something like this is published ?
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Emirates ID infact should only for Emiratis ( as some minister high up once said )or unless there was any scope of any long time expat gaining citizenship, Which currently there isn't any. Don't us expats have enough cards already to carry around with us. All of us already have and carry around Labour Cards, health cards, driving licence, passport photcopies and a blood and stool sample around with us already.

I really don't see th epoint other than to provide some govt work to some lazy louts, award lucartive govt contracts and make more money on our behalf.

They keep a close eye on you non-nationals. Its a police state remember? Focusss :P
RobbyG

DD, the whole point of the ID card was to replace all of the ones you mentioned, yet no-one, I repeat no-one accepts it as a form of ID so far, they all still ask for a PP copy, or your drivers licence.

Another money making scheme.

-- Tue May 04, 2010 9:27 pm --

Bora Bora wrote:I'm still using my library card.

Don't you mean your OAP bus pass? :twisted:
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

@ G : Yeah I know and i dont mind, I got nothing to hide anyways !

and I doubt the ID card will actually replace anything, it will just become anothe expense we have to pay.
desertdudeshj

Chocoholic wrote:DD, the whole point of the ID card was to replace all of the ones you mentioned, yet no-one, I repeat no-one accepts it as a form of ID so far, they all still ask for a PP copy, or your drivers licence.

I gave it back to you. :twisted:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

desertdudeshj wrote:@ G : Yeah I know and i dont mind, I got nothing to hide anyways !

and I doubt the ID card will actually replace anything, it will just become anothe expense we have to pay.

Thats the type of sheep they want. Sheikh Mo would be proud on you son.

A few more decades and you get your waiver DD. A passport in return for good behaviour. :D
RobbyG

Well anyways it is impossible in this day and age to be invisible no matte which country you are in. If you use the internet, Mobile, regulae phone, etc etc your all leaving behind a digital trail behind you.
desertdudeshj

RobbyG wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:Emirates ID infact should only for Emiratis ( as some minister high up once said )or unless there was any scope of any long time expat gaining citizenship, Which currently there isn't any. Don't us expats have enough cards already to carry around with us. All of us already have and carry around Labour Cards, health cards, driving licence, passport photcopies and a blood and stool sample around with us already.

They keep a close eye on you non-nationals. Its a police state remember? Focusss :P

To keep an eye on both the nationals and the non nationals.

Everyone gets fingerprinted before they are given the ID card!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Emirates Identity Authority (Eida) ID cards May 05, 2010
Um everyone gets finger printed for the security check for their residence visa!

-- Wed May 05, 2010 2:53 am --

Bora Bora wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:DD, the whole point of the ID card was to replace all of the ones you mentioned, yet no-one, I repeat no-one accepts it as a form of ID so far, they all still ask for a PP copy, or your drivers licence.

I gave it back to you. :twisted:

Moi? Use the bus? Oh I don't think so! :wink:
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Um everyone gets finger printed for the security check for their residence visa!

Nope they dont :)

I needed a police clearance when I started work here, but it was obtained by my employer, and at no stage did I have to give my finger print.

I have spent most of life here, and the first time i had to give my fingerprints was when I got the EID !
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

BlackburnRovers wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Um everyone gets finger printed for the security check for their residence visa!

I needed a police clearance when I started work here, but it was obtained by my employer, and at no stage did I have to give my finger print.

I have spent most of life here, and the first time i had to give my fingerprints was when I got the EID !

Very strange. We all had to have our finger prints taken either electronically or old fashioned ink stylie for all our visas, mind you they under government run companies, so maybe that's why.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

I daily carve my fingerprints off with a razor blade.

But then I have Gwynneth Paltrow's severed head in a cardboard box too...

Knight
Dubai Knight

Chocoholic wrote:Moi? Use the bus? Oh I don't think so! :wink:

You mean you stopped using the bus!

How many stops does it take on the Metro for you to get from home to work? :wink:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Moi? Use the bus? Oh I don't think so! :wink:

You mean you stopped using the bus!

How many stops does it take on the Metro for you to get from home to work? :wink:

I've never used the bus or the metro. Sadly it doesn't go as far as Ajman.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Very strange. We all had to have our finger prints taken either electronically or old fashioned ink stylie for all our visas, mind you they under government run companies, so maybe that's why.

Not even DEWA or Etisalat fingerprints their employees. Where do you work? Lawl Enforcement?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Re: Emirates Identity Authority (Eida) ID Cards May 05, 2010

:lol: :lol: Well Put! This reminds me of a theory we learn in economics ala the Keynesian Theory.
And it's pretty cool too, as locals get employed, we pay, brilliant. Kudos to whoever thought this out. But with Emcredit already in operation it kinda shows that that reasonable capabilities to integrate all information into one card. Now banks should charge customers an Emcredit fee for credit rating. That'll be superb :D

-- Wed May 05, 2010 10:40 pm --

BlackburnRovers wrote:

Yaa but did'nt u do that eye thingy the first time u entered the country? I remember I first came to UAE on a visit visa had the Iris scan, then came in on a college visa did the Iris scan again. I reckon that should pretty much substitute any need for fingerprintin
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

gtmash wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Very strange. We all had to have our finger prints taken either electronically or old fashioned ink stylie for all our visas, mind you they under government run companies, so maybe that's why.

Not even DEWA or Etisalat fingerprints their employees. Where do you work? Lawl Enforcement?

Well I can tell that that for both my police clearances for my 1st Abu Dhabi visa, then my Ajman one we all had to do fingers prints. I don't know why, we just did OK - eish get over it.

Never had the retinal scan though.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Emirates Identity Authority (Eida) ID cards May 06, 2010
Chocoholic wrote:
gtmash wrote:

Well I can tell that that for both my police clearances for my 1st Abu Dhabi visa, then my Ajman one we all had to do fingers prints. I don't know why, we just did OK - eish get over it.

Never had the retinal scan though.

I think the Immigration guy in Sharjah was dyslexic when he told me I needed a rectal scan!

I thought it was because you needed to be a complete *rsehole to go there!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Emirates Identity Authority (Eida) ID Cards May 06, 2010
A rectal scan? For real?
RobbyG

Anyone been to US lately, Eye Scan and Fingerprints for everyone on entry.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

They should just microchip everyone at birth and be done with it.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

I wouldn't mind betting that it is being worked on right now.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:Anyone been to US lately, Eye Scan and Fingerprints for everyone on entry.

Given the number of Pakis and other bearded ****** who want to come in the US for the sole purpose of packing SUV's with bombs in New York, I would even add the rubber glove exam, just to make sure they did not swallow C4.
capsicum
BANNED

capsicum wrote:
sage & onion wrote:Anyone been to US lately, Eye Scan and Fingerprints for everyone on entry.

Given the number of Pakis and other bearded ****** who want to come in the US for the sole purpose of packing SUV's with bombs in New York, I would even add the rubber glove exam, just to make sure they did not swallow C4.

So out of hundreds of thousands of bearded Muslims, only one has tried to blow up a SUV,

Maybe Asian countries should be careful with Caucasians, after all thousands of paedophiles from the West do find peace in Cambodia, Thailand etc

See how stupid that sounds ?
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Yes only one tried, because the other hundred of housands only wish. I remember all these bearded hateful faces chanting and dancing in the streets after 9/11, do you? or did you celebrate this day?. Everyone knows that when arabs are friendly with the US it is only when they want something from it.
capsicum
BANNED

Re: Emirates Identity Authority (Eida) ID cards May 07, 2010
A lot of people were dancing on 911. Remember the 5 dancing Israelis? They were let go. Get off your high horse, most of humanity was repulsed by 911, except those who had something to do with it.
iggy27707
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat