Embarassing Situations

Topic locked
Embarassing situations Dec 07, 2006
From 7days .. whats is your embarrassing story ?

When Steve Moseley thought he had won one million pounds on a lottery scratch-card in the UK earlier this week, he didn’t hold back on the celebrations. Overjoyed, the car salesman danced on his desk, threw money from his wallet around the showroom, sent a colleague out to buy champagne and phoned his girlfriend to break the good news. He even told his boss: "You can stick your job, I’ve won the lottery."

Thirty minutes later, however, Steve’s luck took a turn for the worse. He phoned a National Lottery operator to confirm his prize and was told that he didn’t have a winning ticket after all. Climbing down off his desk to take a closer look at his ticket, he realised that he had misread one of the numbers.

Hanging on the phone

My embarrassing moment has probably happened to a few people, but it still makes me laugh. I was in work and going down in the lift with a cute girl that works in the same company as me, but that I have never met. She started talking in the lift asking ‘how are you?’ - I was surprised and answered, ‘fine, thanks’.

She then asked ‘what are you up to later’ and I thought ‘wow this is my chance’ and replied ‘not much,’ and then launched into this massive spiel about what I might do that night and asked whether she would like to join me for a drink. Next thing I turned around and realised that she wasn’t talking to me, but was talking on her mobile phone.
Still-single red-faced man working in Dubai.

Break a leg

I really fancied this guy in college, but never had the nerve to talk to him. One evening I was out with friends and saw him sitting on a sofa, so I plucked up all my courage and went over to him. It was quite dark in the bar and I thought that I had sat down on the side of the sofa, but only after he yelped in pain did I realise that I had, in fact, sat on his lap and that his leg was broken. Needless to say that romance never blossomed.
Mortified Dana from Palestine.

Fatty faux pas

One summer I went over to America with my cousin to work as a waitress. The lady that owned the restaurant that my cousin and I worked in was quite a large lady with a massive protruding belly. One evening my cousin told me that the reason our boss had such a large belly was because she was eight months pregnant. The next day I went into work and the minute I saw the boss I congratulated her on her pregnancy and asked her when she was due. She just looked at me deeply insulted and said, ‘I’m not due, because I’m not pregnant’. I have never been so embarrassed.
Humiliated Fiona, from Scotland.

Wardrobe malfunction

I was living in New York and had a flight to catch a flight at 4am in the morning. I had been out at a nightclub that night and was feeling a little merry. I rushed home to pack my bags and ordered a cab. The taxi arrived and I went down and asked him to take me to the airport, he said, ‘I’m sorry ma’am, I can’t take you to the airport.’ I insisted, telling him I had an urgent flight to catch. ‘I’m sorry ma’am, I can’t take you to the airport until you put some clothes on,’ he said.

I looked down and I only had my shoes and a top on - I had been in such a state and a rush that I had completely forgotten to put on my trousers.

Nadine, now fully-clothed and back in the UAE.

MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 07, 2006
the Wardrobe malfunction story kicks a$s :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

Dec 07, 2006
I have to admit to making the same pregnancy mistake in my first week of the job at a management consultancy in London :oops: The lady in question was a high-powered Partner and never spoke to me again in the 6 years I worked there. However, amusingly, 6 months after I'd said it she had lost about 15kg in weight so I obviously hit a nerve and did her some good!
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 07, 2006
Palkid7 wrote:the Wardrobe malfunction story kicks a$s :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

happened to me with pijamas. got a call that i have to get fast to this famous journalist with my university classmates. so it was summer, i had some short pijama pants on. i put on in a hurry some shorter dress and ran down to the taxi. when i got in, near the driver i may add, i saw my pants comming out under the skirt...and the bag i had was big enough for some make up, phone and money.
so anyway, when we arrived i asked the driver to get out of his car so i can take off my pants... :lol: it was pretty weird but he laughed about it
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat