Elton John And David Furnish

Topic locked
Re: Elton John and David Furnish Jan 27, 2011
Chocoholic wrote:OMG - Dillon, how many children these days grow up in broken homes with only one parent around?

Far too many Chocs, but what does that have to do with the social and moral implications of the couple in question, custom designing and building one of their own?

Just because some parents fail in their responsibilities doesn't give EJ and DF any rights whatsoever.

Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Elton John and David Furnish Jan 28, 2011
Chocoholic wrote:.....

Zonker, if you think homos.e.xuality is unnatural, then you may want to watch Animal Planet every now and then and see what goes on between males of other species - it's certainly not specific to the human animal.

Come into the 21st century people.

Chocs, I know about animals and even birds indulging in homo behavior, and that still does not make it natural. When I say "not natural" I mean it goes against the the natural laws, which most certainly according to evolutionary principles only favor those practices (particularly sexual behavior) which have some value for the survival of the species. In what way is h.sexuality conducive to propagating the human (or any other) race?
I also know that homo.sx al behavior can be caused by a genetic predisposition, faulty brain chemistry etc., in which case far be it from me to castigate or blame homos. What I do object to is the unnecessary projection of this aberration and trying to find a prominent place for it as if this could be an alternative lifestyle.
zonker
BANNED

Re: Elton John And David Furnish Jan 28, 2011
If ho.mo.sexal behaviour occurs in about 10% of the population of quite a few species (and dramatically higher for others - check Bonobo apes!), how can you say it isn't natural? Maybe it has a purpose in nature? http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... nimal.html
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Arguments that say "if ANIMALS have a certain characteristic" , hence if humans do it, it's natural, are all over-genralizations , moreover current findings indicate , the fags are really in need of pscyhotherapy -

http://search.yahoo.com/404handler?src= ... ntalhealth
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

kanelli wrote:If ho.mo.sexal behaviour occurs in about 10% of the population of quite a few species (and dramatically higher for others - check Bonobo apes!), how can you say it isn't natural? Maybe it has a purpose in nature? http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... nimal.html

So now we are likening homosexuals to animals?
Humans can make logical decisions, which is what separates us from the animals.
We understand that the purpose of s.e.x between a man and a woman is for reproduction.
Homosexuals only ever have one purpose, and that is for pleasure.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Kanelli,I think you may be having some difficulty in understanding the word "natural" in this context.
Lets substitute "abnormal behavior" for "un-natural behavior". Abnormal behavior can occur in both humans and animals. If there is a faulty gene that is being blamed for homosexuality, then that would explain this kind of abnormal behavior in both humans and animals. I am sure you are aware that gene mutations can arise spontaneously in nature. Some gene mutations can be highly destructive, and can lead to whole species becoming extinct. I have my fears that this may be one such instant.
zonker
BANNED

Zonker, gene mutations are naturally occurring or can be induced from extreme environmental factors (e.g. exposure to certain chemicals etc.). What I'm saying is that when you see populations of animals (and yes, I feel that humans are animals - just the highest order of animal on the planet) that consistently have around 10% or whatever % in their particular population, we aren't talking about sporadic gene mutations. Yes, it is natural for males and females to pair and mate if you want to propagate a population, but clearly there is and always has been a small percentage of the population that are hom.os.exual or bis.ex.ual. Humans are complex animals and I think that genes are mostly responsible for hom.ose.xuality, but in rare cases there may also be environmental factors in how some people were raised that psychologically turn them off of members of the opposite se.x. As higher functioning animals we can choose to have s.ex with members of our own se.x or not, but those urges and attractions to the same se.x will always be present in a small proportion of the population. When you look at homo.s.exuality through history I'm not sure why you can fear that it will result in the extinction of the human species.

In the end I don't get why people are so upset over homo.se.xuality. It is only a small portion of the population and it has no significant impact on anyone else because that is between two consenting adults. I've never felt fear of being turned gay because gay people exist and are gaining rights to live like opposite se.x couples.

The rest of you had really ignorant comments that I won't even bother addressing.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Kanelli, once again a slight mis-perception on your part.You said: "Yes, it is natural for males and females to pair and mate if you want to propagate a population..." In actual fact, males and females in any species are genetically programed to attract each other, SO THAT they can propogate. And of course, there are many theories about homos.e.xu.ality, genetics being only one of them. However, my point was that hom.o.s.ex.uality is abnormal, even if we apply your yardstick of 10% of the population to it. In which case they should not be in our face, the 90%! I feel most uncomfortable in the presence of a man who acts like a woman.
Moreover, if the human race is becoming extinct, its not gonna happen overnight. You and I will not be around to see that eventuality, we will only suffer through the social degeneration as a prelude.
zonker
BANNED

I don't think it is abnormal, it is just not optimal for propagating a species :)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat