Dunkirk Or DF ??

Topic locked
Dunkirk or DF ?? Sep 03, 2010
We shall fight on the Forums, we shall fight on the all the threads, we shall fight in general and in the polictics section, we shall fight in fight Club. We shall never surrender

arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Dunkirk or DF ?? Sep 03, 2010
A teacher asked her class of 16 year old girls to tell everyone who they though was the sexiest man in history and why.

Samantha stands and says "Casanova! Because he was hunky and handsome and used to be romantic and give all his conquests a flower!"

Judy stands and says "Rasputin! Because he had magic eyes and was able to seduce any woman just by looking at them, even the queen of Russia!"

Doris at the back stands and says "Winston Churchill!"

"What?" says the teacher, "But he was old and fat and smoked cigars!"

"Yeah," says Doris, "But he also said: 'It will be long. It will be hard. But we will never withdraw!!'"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

arniegang wrote:
We shall fight on the Forums, we shall fight on the all the threads, we shall fight in general and in the polictics section, we shall fight in fight Club. We shall never surrender

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Dunkirk is pretty opposite - shamefull panic flight dropping wepon, guns and hardware, covered by brave French soldiers, who had no own land behind their back. Almost all of them were killed or went to POV camp in time when Englishmen sat out on the island.

Immortal memory to the heroes!
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Red Chief wrote:
arniegang wrote:

Dunkirk is pretty opposite - shamefull panic flight dropping wepon, guns and hardware, covered by brave French soldiers, who had no own land behind their back. Almost all of them were killed or went to POV camp in time when Englishmen sat out on the island.

Ummm...here we go again!

RC: There were no French at Dunkirk. It was the BEF (British Expeditionary Force). The French army capitulated a week before, 2 days after the German army rolled up Belgium and crossed the border. Very few were killed as they surrendered under the Vichy Government and were given civil duties under the occupying Wermacht. The remaining Free French under General De Gaulle continued to fight a guerilla war from Spain.

As for leaving all their equipment behind, tanks, guns and hardware don't float and can be replaced. Human lives are more important and a hastily thrown together armada of small ships braved the channel to rescue as many lives as possible. We refer to them as the 'Cockleshell Heroes'.

The posts above were 'humour'...or have you lost your sense of it?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Red Chief wrote:
arniegang wrote:

Oh dear, how worrying. Is this how they teach History in French schools nowadays?
Bethsmum

No, only in Moscow schools...

Knight
Dubai Knight

They have schools in Moscow? Well I never! Never too old to learn something new, eh Knight? :bounce:
Bethsmum

They actually have some very good schools in Moscow.

Allegedly.

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dubai Knight wrote:They actually have some very good schools in Moscow.

Allegedly.

Knight

I cannot say the same about English schools at least how they tought "History" subject - only biased Churchil propaganda.
You are right Dubai Clown - it is impossible to speak about British land troops with out humour. :wink:
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Red Chief wrote:
arniegang wrote:

Consider getting a sense of humour implant will you.

:roll:
arniegang

Yeah, its funny how there are so many schools around the world that teach the Russian curriculum...

NOT!!!!

Should I send my kids to Etonski or Rugbyski Military Indoctrination Academies? Hard choice eh?

Knight
Dubai Knight

DK, do you know a difference between PR and real knowledge? The latter is about discovering laser, invention H-bomb and sending a man in space, the former about English curriculum.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Really good things to invent. All for military purposes.

I suppose the best thing to come out of inventing a laser is a DVD player. Which was invented by the Japanese.

You think the H-bomb is a benefit to the world? I wouldn't be so proud of that one. And didn't the Americans build the bomb and drop it on Japan...or is it different in Russian history books?

Been a bit quiet on the man in space side for a while too.

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dubai Knight wrote:Really good things to invent. All for military purposes.

I suppose the best thing to come out of inventing a laser is a DVD player. Which was invented by the Japanese.

You think the H-bomb is a benefit to the world? I wouldn't be so proud of that one. And didn't the Americans build the bomb and drop it on Japan...or is it different in Russian history books?

Been a bit quiet on the man in space side for a while too.

Knight

It was good for Russia because they don't want to have Hiroshima in Moscow or Vladivostok, what exactly McCartur offered to do during Korean war. Just for your inf. Americans invented A-bomb (not H-bomb) and droped it on 2 Japanese Cities. I hope it was reflected in English books too.

About man in space I have your hint. You are right - it together with the first satelite were launched to demonstrate Americans that we could deliver our rather heavy A-bomb to NYC or Washington, DC.

About laser don't show your ignorance again. It's everywhere for instance in medicine in common and surgery in particular.

Regadless of military or civil purpose some good schools, universities and scientific schools were required to invent all of those. Am I right?

P.S. About where and who participated in the evacuation in Dunkirk read at least wikipedia before showing your ignorance in public.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Red Chief wrote:DK, do you know a difference between PR and real knowledge? The latter is about discovering laser, invention H-bomb and sending a man in space, the former about English curriculum.

Well, as I understand, it was the Americans who developed the Laser and the Hydrogen bomb, the Apollo (US) and Soyuz (R) programmes were developed from technology and materials the Americans and Russians divided between themselves and stole from Peenemünde, the R&D and later production site of the German V1 Ramjet (Doodlebug) and V2 Rocket.

Dr Wernher von Braun, the leading German SS Rocket Scientist negotiated a deal for him and his team, emigrated to the US and headed the US Apollo programme.

What about Concordski RC? I’m surprised you don’t claim the Russians developed that one as well :lol:

-- Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:55 pm --

Any fool can edit Wikipedia, DK is absolutely spot on with his earlier posting, the one thing I would add is that de Gaulle co-ordinated his Free French resistance via BBC broadcasts from London.
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Ah yes, forgot Concordski...folded up in the air at the Paris airshow back in the 1970's?

Oops!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dillon, you should have delivered your treasure of wisdom to the Nobel Prize committee a little bit earlier because those idiots gave priority in the invention of laser to Mr. Basov and Mr. Prokhorov probaly due to big love to Russia.

H-bomb was also invented in Russia under personal partisipation of Mr. Sakharov. That's why one of the bomb was called "Sakharov's third idea". Americans had tested a model of bomb which was as large as 4 store building, which was impossible to use for military purpose.

Dillon, behind your cospiracy theory tell me please who has a priority for launchung the first stelite and where Gagarin was from.

About de Gaulle I totally agree with you - it's one more arse in peacefull London, but real resistance was coordinated and made mostly by French Communist party. I'm sure it wasn't wrote in English schoolbook too.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Hi RC

In 1917, Albert Einstein (German) first theorised about the process which makes lasers possible.

S. Friberg, Rector of the Caroline Institute, made the following remarks at The Nobel Prize in Physics 1964,to Charles H. Townes, Nicolay G. Basov, Aleksandr M. Prokhorov: 'Mr. Townes, Mr. Basov, Mr. Prochorov,. Your basic researches in the field of experimental physics, which led to the discovery of the maser and laser,' etc

So you see RC, Townes, Basov and Prokhorov won the Nobel prize for research which led to the discovery of the maser and laser.

Theodore Maiman with Charles Townes went on to develop the first pulsed laser at Hughes Research Laboratory in California on May 16, 1960.

You wrote, ‘Americans had tested a model of bomb which was as large as 4 store building, which was impossible to use for military purpose.’ So by your own admittance, They invented the H Bomb?

Sputnik was the satellite launched in 1957 by the Soviet Union and Yuri Gargarin is a hero of the Soviet Union, he was the first man into space and the first man to orbit the Earth, my point earlier was that it was German Technology that kick started the space race between the Soviet Union and the USA.

I’m not too sure about your last comment, I understood the PCF to be pro German when de Gaulle was rallying the diverse resistance groups in France, and only joined the FFR after Hitler turned on the Russians?

Regards
Dillon

Dillon, the question of priority in science espesially the one, which has military application, is not so easy. Nobody knows where and when something happens especially in Soviet Union. I did not speak about that but only as an indicator of Soviet education, which was pretty good especially in Physics and Math. Englishmen for instance did much less after WW II than before the war in these fields.

As for H-bomb it does not matter that you can make something in one example per 20 year and that was so heavy that was impossible to deliver. It means that basic principals were wrong. Sakharov made it workable in reality totally independably and on right principals.

As for De Gaule, at the beginning he sat in the pocket of Mr. Churchil and didn't manage anything except his secretary as I read in his biography. Your remark about management by broadcasting from London made me laugh. Thank You.

As I know there were more French soldies who fought for Hitler than against him during WW II.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Well I don’t know where you get all your information from RC :lol: but I’m afraid I cannot agree with ANY of your statements above, so I believe we’re just going to have to agree to disagree on these points.

Regards
Dillon

To be frank I don't care. The thread went too far away from OP.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Aah, it was a pleasure talking to you too! :lol:
Dillon

Re: Dunkirk or DF ?? Sep 04, 2010
Red Chief wrote:To be frank I don't care. The thread went too far away from OP.

No really on one front we have the all female squad of beth's mum, choc and bora and now you managed to open up another front here :D
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:

No really on one front we have the all female squad of beth's mum, choc and bora and now you managed to open up another front here :D

Dude, one more time concentrate on topic, not personalities. If you cannot contribute scroll it down. :wink:
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Damn! I knew there was a reason I hate school :shock:
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

desertdudeshj wrote:

all female squad of beth's mum
:shock:

If you think you can see any 'doe's' eyes my friend, rest assured you'll be looking in a mirror! :lol:
Dillon

Re: Dunkirk Or DF ?? Sep 04, 2010
Awww...looks like big rusky is upset
desertdudeshj

Red Chief wrote:About de Gaulle I totally agree with you - it's one more arse in peacefull London, but real resistance was coordinated and made mostly by French Communist party. I'm sure it wasn't wrote in English schoolbook too.

Was it mentioned in your 'books' that the official stance of the French Communist party was to remain indifferent to the occupation until Hitler formally went to war with Stalin ?
event horizon

Re: Dunkirk Or DF ?? Sep 05, 2010
This week that year,

Sept 1st 1939: Germany declares war on Poland. 2 days later on the 3rd of Sept Britain declares war on Germany.

Sept 3rd 2010: Furious debate ensues at DF regarding the war. A mere coincidence?
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Dunkirk or DF ?? Sep 05, 2010
And on this day in 1939 The U.S. proclaimed its neutrality in World War II.
Dillon

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat