In Dubai Now

Topic locked
in Dubai now Dec 09, 2007
Finally here, temporarily staying at the Golden Sands. pleasantly surprised with the December weather-- pretty good! Hated waiting on a cab. The first cab dropped me off 3kms from pick up because apparently his tire is getting soft-- dunno how he managed to check.

Second cab driver was better, found a pretty fast way to Terminal 2. The rent-a-car decision just seems now more clear.

Now just need to find cheap housing after my 1-month at the Golden Sands.

I will be going to St. Mary's later to thank God for the weather today.

studstar
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 09, 2007
were you from mate?
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 10, 2007
Can you tell me how is Golden Sands im curious because i want to stay there for a few days?
Cristin
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: in Dubai now Dec 10, 2007
studstar wrote:Finally here, temporarily staying at the Golden Sands. pleasantly surprised with the December weather-- pretty good! Hated waiting on a cab. The first cab dropped me off 3kms from pick up because apparently his tire is getting soft-- dunno how he managed to check..

Wow, these drivers are amazingly lazy nowadays.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 10, 2007
Welcome to DF
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: in Dubai now Dec 10, 2007
studstar wrote:Finally here, temporarily staying at the Golden Sands. pleasantly surprised with the December weather-- pretty good! Hated waiting on a cab. The first cab dropped me off 3kms from pick up because apparently his tire is getting soft-- dunno how he managed to check.

Second cab driver was better, found a pretty fast way to Terminal 2. The rent-a-car decision just seems now more clear.

Now just need to find cheap housing after my 1-month at the Golden Sands.

I will be going to St. Mary's later to thank God for the weather today.

What work are you doing over there mate? I'm due over there in January, got job as a quantity surveyor. Me and the missus got temporary accomodation for a month, not sure where yet though.
duncheski
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 11, 2007
Cristin wrote:Can you tell me how is Golden Sands im curious because i want to stay there for a few days?

its pretty ok i guess, the room has a big ref, cooking oven, microwave, plates and stuff for cooking. cooked my first meal last night, finished all the rice. dunno about the others but golden sands 5 has two swimming pools, one at 1st flr and another at the top floor.

the breakfast food is nothing out of this world but tastes ok. its in a good place where you can walk to the nearby spinneys for grocery and stuff. the cab thing i mentioned is the only bad thing.

@gtmash,, yeah pretty lazy, though half of them are quite nice actually, just dont like it when they sorta cough and spit. and u guys gave fairly good warning on the driving-- man its crazy,, but i think i can handle it. im getting a cheapo 1.3L automatic lancer later. ifgured its cheaper to rent than spend 60-80dirhams everyday on cab fare.

@dunch, im doing marketing stuff

@gezza, from manila mate.
studstar
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 14, 2007
Welcome to Dubai studstar, i am not there though!

It's December but the weather is still humid here. I wish more rains if I have nothing to do outside. Silly me.

You're suprised with lazy behavior of cabbies there, but I am surprised with the taxi fares here. I used to go out with 50 pesos on my pocket, but now no more.

It's nice to be home watching live coverage of senate probe on media arrests during the Manila Pen standoff. :roll: As usual some senators are so TRAPO.

Don't mean to hijack your thread. Enjoy your stay and be careful with males lusting for males without chest hairs. :lol:
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 14, 2007
edit
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat