Dubai - A Greater Ponzi Scheme Than Bernie Madoff?

Topic locked
Dubai - A Greater Ponzi Scheme than Bernie Madoff? Apr 07, 2009
In my daily strive for the truth about money and gold, I happened to walk into this article that mentions the author undisclosed sources about Dubai being the mother of all ponzi schemes!

Bernie Madoff and his 50 billion Ponzi game would dwarf compared to the size the Dubai real estate sector was leveraged.
It mentions shortly the coming collapse of the Dubai 'subprime' debacle that is about to happen according to the author's sources.

I've added the article on my Inveztor webpage. Source included by clicking on the article header.

http://globalinveztor.blogspot.com/2009 ... -gold.html

Scroll down to the mid if you don't want to read other analysis (not about Dubai) in the article. Cheers

RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 07, 2009
Hey Robby was reading about the Netherlands, you guys are doing really well......There was a list of unemployment figures across the EU and Britain, the highest figures in Europe was in Spain with 15% and UK with 18%. But the Netherlands unemployement is at 2.5%. Thats a brilliant statistic!
I wanna come to Netherlands, to experiance the culture and all.......
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 07, 2009
And dude shed more light on your plans to start a publication on undervalued companies et all.......
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 07, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:Hey Robby was reading about the Netherlands, you guys are doing really well......There was a list of unemployment figures across the EU and Britain, the highest figures in Europe was in Spain with 15% and UK with 18%. But the Netherlands unemployement is at 2.5%. Thats a brilliant statistic!

2.5% what is the population of netherlands?
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 07, 2009
rudeboy wrote:
Misery Called Life wrote:Hey Robby was reading about the Netherlands, you guys are doing really well......There was a list of unemployment figures across the EU and Britain, the highest figures in Europe was in Spain with 15% and UK with 18%. But the Netherlands unemployement is at 2.5%. Thats a brilliant statistic!

Mostly Dutch
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 07, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

Mostly Dutch

I keep confusing the term "going Dutch" with "going commando."
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 07, 2009
I don't think I have heard that one!
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 07, 2009
Me neither, but I do know we got 16.5 million fellow Dutchmen and women around.

@ MCL: As for my publication about undervalued Junior Oil/Gas/Mining companies, that is in the works, but it may take some time since I have alot of fact checking to do before I can publish it. Lot of work and also the issue needs a layout standardisation. I'm working on the latter right now.

So like I said on my weblog, no deadlines yet. But do check regularly if you're interested. I need to get this puppy published in late 2009. Thats my target. It will cover the key elements of one junior 'crown jewel' company in every issue/publication, so that the investor is able to keep track of all information regarding the company. I hope to do a yearly update for every company afterwards. Well see.

First things first. ;)
RobbyG

Apr 07, 2009
16.5 million, that means at least 33million single clogs, that is beyond belief
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 07, 2009
sage & onion wrote:16.5 million, that means at least 33million single clogs, that is beyond belief

Are you making fun of my peepz here; ;)

RobbyG

Apr 07, 2009
Hum, from a Ponzi scheme to clogs. Quite a leap.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 07, 2009
Yeah you know Sage's optimism right! Unexplainable.

He should read the Independant article in the General forum section. He might become a bit less positive of 'his country'.

I'm wet from a compelling article. Didn't knew that was ever gonna happen. I feel for those people that construct the Ponzi building scheme.

Those expat payroll should be rolling to those who have absolutely nothing. Not even a passport or return ticket home.....

Where is the sanity in this!? Oh wait, ignorance is bliss... :x
RobbyG

Apr 08, 2009
The Dutch , generally, are very good entrepreneurs. They set up the Dutch East India company centuries ago, trading with what is now Indonesia.
They have a long history as international traders.

NOW, they benefit from being at the centre of the European Union. Brussels in next door Belgium, is very close to the Netherlands. A brilliantly good domain is visit-netherlands.com for marketing that country.
The official Dutch tourism site is www.visitholland.com . Yet , only two provinces of the Netherlands are called Holland!!
So visit-netherlands.com has IMMENSE possibilities for marketing anything in the country !!

The country benefits immensely from Europort at Rotterdam.....the MAIN PORT for the whole of EUROPE!!
It is immense!!
Netherlands also has very fine farmland, reclaimed from the sea centuries ago!!
Market Gardening on rich alluvial soils is a HUGE industry.
Seed potatoes ; fresh flowers ; tomatoes ; fruit and vegetables....all big industries!!

They say that "God made the world, but the Dutch made Holland!!"
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 08, 2009
The Dustch East India Company and the English East India Company have defined the Asiia as we know it today.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 08, 2009
RedKite wrote:"God made the world"

So did the Arabs :)
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 08, 2009
RedKite wrote:The Dutch , generally, are very good entrepreneurs. They set up the Dutch East India company centuries ago, trading with what is now Indonesia. They have a long history as international traders.

VOC. How could invaders who made the people suffer and stole all the resources (spices) called "good entrepreneurs"? 350+ years and left nothing ;)
It would be better to be colonized by the English back then. ;)
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 08, 2009
isnt holland under the sea level or something? so if there is a flooding all of it floods :S lol with the global warming going around and sea level rising i guess we can say good bye to holland in what 5 years?
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 08, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:
RedKite wrote:"God made the world"

So did the Arabs :)

By selling a few pearls on a Desert Camel!?
Noo, it was the oil, that a few expats came to discover for the Arabs back in the days, that accumulated for centuries beneath the desert.

Arabs just spend it...be it wisely or not is up to us (you and me) to decide :lol: :lol: :lol:
RobbyG

Apr 08, 2009
xty wrote:
RedKite wrote:The Dutch , generally, are very good entrepreneurs. They set up the Dutch East India company centuries ago, trading with what is now Indonesia. They have a long history as international traders.

VOC. How could invaders who made the people suffer and stole all the resources (spices) called "good entrepreneurs"? 350+ years and left nothing ;)
It would be better to be colonized by the English back then. ;)

The VOC did actually gave them people something back in return for it. :lol: :lol:
You are clearly mistaken by the English. They took everything with US style IOU's.

No wonder the Kingdom collapsed 8)
RobbyG

Apr 08, 2009
rudeboy wrote:isnt holland under the sea level or something? so if there is a flooding all of it floods :S lol with the global warming going around and sea level rising i guess we can say good bye to holland in what 5 years?

We, the Dutch :wink: , instead of Banglaboys like MB, actually learned something from floods and have built these high Dikes to protect ourselves.

My City (My Life) lies about 1 to 5 meters below sealevel. And I'm within 10km from the sea.

You might wanna inform the Bangladeshies that we found ourselves a cure for the water, as long as you have entrepreneurs (for engineering and a proper GDP) who make sure there is tax money available to start/complete such a project.

Example: The Afsluitdike
And remember, was done in 1931 mostly by hand in 5 years time. Length through the sea: 30 kilometers, total length to shore: 32.5km. :wink:
If my recollection is firm: Longest man-made dike in the world today.

I would say, start digging in Bangladesh and get jiggy with it :wink:
RobbyG

Apr 08, 2009
give it a few years and i ll see what ur dykes doo :D

then U get jiggy with it in the water. like a fish. jiggling jiggling :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 08, 2009
rudeboy wrote:give it a few years and i ll see what ur dykes doo :D

You should read more about Dubai son.
In the time you give me, the desert has taken back his land over there and the sealevel rise will swallow all those Palms we Dutchies have dredged up from the Gulf.

Don't you think we will secure ourselves first before exporting an engineering order!?

You have 'the best of both worlds' coming for ya ;) Sea AND Desert.

Hold on puppyboy, those buildings erode faster than you ever imagined. The first thing though, that gonna hit you in the future is lack of drinking water. The costs of desalination will be so dramatically high, we have to import/export you a bottle or two. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And Im not kidding this time. 8)
RobbyG

Apr 08, 2009
RobbyG wrote:

In the time you give me, the desert has taken back his land over there and the sealevel rise will swallow all those Palms we Dutchies have dredged up from the Gulf.

Don't you think we will secure ourselves first before exporting an engineering order!?

Hold on puppyboy, those buildings erode faster than you ever imagined. The first thing though, that gonna hit you in the future is lack of drinking water. The costs of desalination will be so dramatically high, we have to import/export you a bottle or two. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You obviously believe that it is only the Dutch that can dredge
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 08, 2009
Dyke. Hehe.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 08, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

You obviously believe that it is only the Dutch that can dredge

For this nationalistic rant I put on, do you mind Sage, that I take full use of the Van Oord and Boskalis Companies that have completed the Palms and such? Thank you 8)

By the way, do you know any dredgers that did work in the Gulf for Dubai? Cause I don't actually, looking a bit deeper than my nationalistic rants of today :lol:
RobbyG

Apr 08, 2009
RobbyG wrote:The VOC did actually gave them people something back in return for it. :lol: :lol:
You are clearly mistaken by the English. They took everything with US style IOU's.

At least they left the language (like India, Singapore, Malaysia, etc). Indonesians can't even understand Dutch ;)
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 08, 2009
xty wrote:
RobbyG wrote:The VOC did actually gave them people something back in return for it. :lol: :lol:

At least they left the language (like India, Singapore, Malaysia, etc). Indonesians can't even understand Dutch ;)

One of them treats we let them have. Learning one of the 'most difficult' languages in the world would scar them for life. ;)
RobbyG

Apr 08, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
rudeboy wrote:isnt holland under the sea level or something? so if there is a flooding all of it floods :S lol with the global warming going around and sea level rising i guess we can say good bye to holland in what 5 years?

We, the Dutch :wink: , instead of Banglaboys like MB, actually learned something from floods and have built these high Dikes to protect ourselves.

My City (My Life) lies about 1 to 5 meters below sealevel. And I'm within 10km from the sea.

You might wanna inform the Bangladeshies that we found ourselves a cure for the water, as long as you have entrepreneurs (for engineering and a proper GDP) who make sure there is tax money available to start/complete such a project.

And remember, was done in 1931 mostly by hand in 5 years time. Length through the sea: 30 kilometers, total length to shore: 32.5km. :wink:

according to one discovery channel report, your high Dikes was a waist of money and designed only on assumption just like the Italian ones !! you should know by now that you can not fight mother nature.

the only thing good about your beloved country is the new police law that allows sex in public gardens :lol: what are you guys doing there, isn't this an animal behavior :oops:
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 08, 2009
uaekid wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

according to one discovery channel report, your high Dikes was a waist of money and designed only on assumption just like the Italian ones !! you should know by now that you can not fight mother nature.

the only thing good about your beloved country is the new police law that allows love in public gardens :lol: what are you guys doing there, isn't this an animal behavior :oops:

u sure its not making luv in the shop in front of the shoppers :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 08, 2009
uaekid wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

the only thing good about your beloved country is the new police law that allows love in public gardens :lol: what are you guys doing there, isn't this an animal behavior :oops:

After 1953 we don't think of building dikes as a waste of money;

If your interested, read/view this: http://people.zeelandnet.nl/voeveren/
RobbyG

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat