Dubai During Ramadan

Topic locked
Dubai during Ramadan Jul 05, 2012
Hi All,

Just after some advice. I've just been sent a really good offer for a hotel room in Dubai, so I fancy doing a weekend over there before I head back home for August. The only problem is that the offer doesn't start until Ramadan so I was just wondering what Dubai is like then? I assume different to Qatar but maybe not much?

So what are the shopping malls and bars like? Do they keep regular hours? Are they closed? Is consuming any liquid or food in public completely out of the question everywhere?

Any info. would be greatly appreciated! Just trying to decide if it will be a waste of time coming over or not...

Cheers.

--- Jul 05, 2012 ---

redtreble
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Dubai During Ramadan Jul 06, 2012
Eating, drinking, smoking in public are forbidden during daylight hours, however, many outless are open, they just have curtains up or their windows blacked out, msot of the fast food places willd eliver during the day. Bars are open as normal after sunset, but there is no 'live' entertainment allowed, most will still play music from cd's. The rule goes that background music is allowed to be as loud as the ambient atmosphere i.e. people talking, hence why certain bars still end up noisey and rowdy - because they're so packed.

I like ramadan, things become a bit more chilled out. Just dress and behave respectfully and you'll have no issues.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Dubai During Ramadan Jul 07, 2012
UAE is an Islamic country and it follows its principles. Be careful of eating out in public or behaving in public.
monareya
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Dubai During Ramadan Jul 08, 2012
Ahlan Ramadaan
face2faceuni
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Dubai During Ramadan Jul 09, 2012
redtreble - Keep all Non Muslim behavior to a minimum ,
zubbber
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Dubai During Ramadan Jul 30, 2012
I've heard Dubai becomes alive and exciting after nightfall once everyone has broken their fast, are there interesting things to do and see at this time/does anyone have pics?
provpnaccounts
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat