Dec 15, 2006

Deniz
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 15, 2006

Deniz
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 15, 2006
Great pics!

But one of the models is old, the Donald Trump hotel has had a change of design, read a rumor saying that it was impossible to wash its windows :D

This is the new render:
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 15, 2006
I'd hate to live at the end of one of those fronds. Would take ages just to get a carton of milk. And imagine the bottleneck traffic jams at peak hours.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 15, 2006
gtmash wrote:I'd hate to live at the end of one of those fronds. Would take ages just to get a carton of milk. And imagine the bottleneck traffic jams at peak hours.

If you're living in one of that areas, i would assume you're pretty wealthy. To avoid the bottleneck traffic, put a provision for helipad in your house and order a private chopper for you.

WOW, how awesome it would be? :wink:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 15, 2006
asc_26 wrote:
gtmash wrote:I'd hate to live at the end of one of those fronds. Would take ages just to get a carton of milk. And imagine the bottleneck traffic jams at peak hours.

If you're living in one of that areas, i would assume you're pretty wealthy. To avoid the bottleneck traffic, put a provision for helipad in your house and order a private chopper for you.

WOW, how awesome it would be? :wink:

Where would he find a space for a helipad? The houses occupy as little possible space as possible, not giving the owners much opportunity to put in stuff like a helipad! Anyway, know you are kidding...

It's just another case of non-existent planning in Dubai
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 15, 2006
If not, home owners association especially the richie rich can contribute more to build a bridge connecting other roads to avoid passing the main road going to the palm, i mean at least an option. Bridge like that of San Francisco of USA.

After all, everything seems to be possible in Dubai. :wink: See all the edifices here. 8)
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 15, 2006
^^ LOL! Can imagine a golden gate bridge linking Al Dhiyafa Road to an island on the World :lol:
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 15, 2006
Or underwater bridge inspired from that of Hong Kong (though it's more of water park), still possible to dig and make an underwater bridge. hmm..sounds cool.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 15, 2006
Great Photos Deniz
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 15, 2006
cool!! I would love to live at the fathest island far away from every1! with beloved man, bathing under the sun topless and noone around. dream! I will hope it come true once. we say that dreaming doesn't harm the health.. :wink:
bonitta
Dubai chat master

Dec 15, 2006
cool pictures I wish im there in 2009
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 16, 2006
asc_26 wrote:Or underwater bridge inspired from that of Hong Kong (though it's more of water park), still possible to dig and make an underwater bridge. hmm..sounds cool.

Hmm... How deep would it have to go though?!
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 16, 2006
liverpool4ever wrote:
asc_26 wrote:Or underwater bridge inspired from that of Hong Kong (though it's more of water park), still possible to dig and make an underwater bridge. hmm..sounds cool.

I would like to see the concept design of an Underwater Bridge, cause I can't get my head around this one :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 16, 2006
asc_26 wrote:If not, home owners association especially the richie rich can contribute more to build a bridge connecting other roads to avoid passing the main road going to the palm, i mean at least an option. Bridge like that of San Francisco of USA.

After all, everything seems to be possible in Dubai. :wink: See all the edifices here. 8)

Building bridges AFTER the traffic jams start is typical Dubai. The Shk Zayed Road is ALWAYS under construction.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 16, 2006
Just wow :shock: , it's soo f%cking pretty
redmatrice
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 16, 2006
damnn wouldnt know if i would be alive or dead free or in jail but lets hope i get married 2 someones rich mama so i can tell the bi**** to buy me a crib there hahahhahaha

DON
ISH
ISH
Dubai chat master

Dec 16, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
liverpool4ever wrote:

I would like to see the concept design of an Underwater Bridge, cause I can't get my head around this one :lol:

The concept is very simple. If the master developer of the palm can make a man-made island, then why not a bridge underwater or perhaps underwater RTA. Bold projects.

You'll understand this concept if you'll visit Hong Kong. Hope constantine can help me with this.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 16, 2006
asc_26 wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
liverpool4ever wrote:

The concept is very simple. If the master developer of the palm can make a man-made island, then why not a bridge underwater or perhaps underwater RTA. Bold projects.

You'll understand this concept if you'll visit Hong Kong. Hope constantine can help me with this.

Hmm, wouldn't that be a tunnel though?
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 16, 2006
liverpool4ever wrote:
asc_26 wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
liverpool4ever wrote:

Hmm, wouldn't that be a tunnel though?

Something like that, but we can see the water creatures cos it will be made of glass instead of concrete materials. Imagine you'll see fishes and marine creatures while traveling to work and going home. It would be like traveling inside the aquarium.

hmm...ambitious eh?!
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 17, 2006
^^ I heard that most of the water creatures have died or disappeared after they started building the palms and the world ;)

Anyway, Dubai Mall will have the exact same thing, but you will walk through a tunnel rather than drive ;)
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 17, 2006
liverpool4ever wrote:^^ I heard that most of the water creatures have died or disappeared after they started building the palms and the world ;)

Anyway, Dubai Mall will have the exact same thing, but you will walk through a tunnel rather than drive ;)

But it's simply not a "Bridge", in the conventional sense.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 17, 2006
whatever....Ive seen this miniatures in Burjuman....it was good they displayed it there for sometime. You can imagine how much more traffic we have to endure before all these are up :lol:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 17, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
liverpool4ever wrote:^^ I heard that most of the water creatures have died or disappeared after they started building the palms and the world ;)

Underwater covered bridge...still a BRIDGE!
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 17, 2006
asc_26 wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Underwater covered bridge...still a BRIDGE!

I reckon that would be described as a tunnel :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 17, 2006
I thought I heard that there will be access to the Palm only by boat / ferries?
Or was that The World?
ineedacoolnick
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 17, 2006
ineedacoolnick wrote:I thought I heard that there will be access to the Palm only by boat / ferries?
Or was that The World?

See the pics!! Don't you see the bridges for the Palm?

The World: Helicopters, boats and ferries :)
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 17, 2006
liverpool4ever wrote:
ineedacoolnick wrote:I thought I heard that there will be access to the Palm only by boat / ferries?
Or was that The World?

See the pics!! Don't you see the bridges for the Palm?

The World: Helicopters, boats and ferries :)

They also have a tunnel at the top of the Palm
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 17, 2006
I was working with a well known real estate developer a few weeks back and they showed me a dossier of projects being built and yet to be announced. There was literally 500 photos of the model mock ups which are shown here, they have armies of Chinese workers building these models exactly to scale.

I can't name the projects as you'll get the developer, but what I saw over the next 5 years is simply breathtaking. You ain't seen nothing yet.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat