Inside Dubai's Labour Camps - PICS On April 20, 2009

Topic locked
Inside Dubai's Labour Camps - PICS on April 20, 2009 Apr 20, 2009
A miserable situation of Labour camp in Dubai. http://www.arabianbusiness.com/index2.p ... 2873&ln=en

Anosh
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: Inside Dubai's Labour Camps - PICS on April 20, 2009 Apr 20, 2009
Anosh wrote:A miserable situation of Labour camp in Dubai. http://www.arabianbusiness.com/index2.p ... 2873&ln=en

Why is it miserable, have you ever seen a Military Barracks in the field?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 20, 2009
uhhh...Sage which military? I spent 4 years in Iraq and Afghanistan with a defense contractor, even the FOBs outside the green zone were pretty decent living compared to the labor camps.
Hulahula
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 20, 2009
Hulahula wrote:uhhh...Sage which military? I spent 4 years in Iraq and Afghanistan with a defense contractor, even the FOBs outside the green zone were pretty decent living compared to the labor camps.

Under fire?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:
Anosh wrote:A miserable situation of Labour camp in Dubai. http://www.arabianbusiness.com/index2.p ... 2873&ln=en

Why is it miserable, have you ever seen a Military Barracks in the field?

I think you like the living standards like in the PICS. Every one has its own choice.
Anosh
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 20, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
Hulahula wrote:uhhh...Sage which military? I spent 4 years in Iraq and Afghanistan with a defense contractor, even the FOBs outside the green zone were pretty decent living compared to the labor camps.

Under fire?

Yup,

I mean if you're talking WHEN we were under fire, then we were sleeping in the bunkers, but otherwise I thought it was allright.
Hulahula
Dubai Forums Talker

nonsence, I've got an exclusive preview of the Gulf News ministry approved pictures of the updated labour camp situation

Bathroom is maybe a bit small, but apart from that, everything is all tip top, thank you for asking and stop spreading bad stories about us because you're all......jealous, yes, that's right, jealous. Humph
CVB
Dubai Forums Frequenter

CVB wrote:

nonsence, I've got an exclusive preview of the Gulf News ministry approved pictures of the updated labour camp situation

Bathroom is maybe a bit small, but apart from that, everything is all tip top, thank you for asking and stop spreading bad stories about us because you're all......jealous, yes, that's right, jealous. Humph

Nice to see the Pics. BUT would you please tell me which labour camp you are talking to ? Have to personally visit any labor camp ? Don't go to wrong side. If u have any time, go to Al-quoz and see whats a real situation there. And i am talking about the blue collar labour NOT white collar labour.
Anosh
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 20, 2009
They look like my college dorm
maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 20, 2009
Anosh, your sarcasm detector is broken.

edit: spelling
gamercowboy
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 20, 2009
gamercowboy wrote:Anosh, your sarcasm detector is broken.

What ???? :shock:
Anosh
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 20, 2009
It could be better but it's not bad at all.
Snow
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 20, 2009
Is this board for the Nursery kids :D
Anosh
Dubai Forums Talker

CVB wrote:

Chalets!! Oh lordy, I needs to get me a yob soos I cans live in there.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 20, 2009
Anosh wrote:

I'm assuming English is not your first language. Allow me to clarify for you: CVB's post with the "ministry-approved" images was a joke. He was poking fun at the media censorship in the UAE where only positive things are allowed to be published. Those images aren't actually from a labor camp.
gamercowboy
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 20, 2009
Nooooooooooooooo!!!! Don't tells me that!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 20, 2009
gamercowboy wrote:
Anosh wrote:

I'm assuming English is not your first language. Allow me to clarify for you: CVB's post with the "ministry-approved" images was a joke. He was poking fun at the media censorship in the UAE where only positive things are allowed to be published. Those images aren't actually from a labor camp.

Now this thread ain't funny anymore.

Damn nitwits on DF that can't understand a proper rant of sarcasm...
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 20, 2009
It's not nice to make fun of someone on account of their language barrier. Funny, yes. Nice, no.

Besides, I'm sure someone else can bring religion or some other equally fun topic into this thread and everyone can have a grand old time again.
gamercowboy
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 21, 2009
gamercowboy wrote:
Anosh wrote:

Who cares, which is the first language. I am not sitting here for an examination. And many thanks for the clarification about the pictures.
Anosh
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 22, 2009
They look like 5 start hotel in Afganistan
Sarah_khal
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat