Desperate In Dubai - The Novel

Topic locked
Desperate in Dubai - The Novel Aug 24, 2009
Hey everyone...

Recently, I started writing my own novel that depicts life in Dubai - as I know it anyway... I'd love to get your feedback on it! I can't post any links apparently, so please Google Desperate in Dubai and check out the blog. I really will apprecite all feedback - and looking for constructive criticism from other writers as well!

Thank you in advance!

ghostwriter
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 25, 2009
Hey novel lady,

I just read the first five chapters of your novel-like writings and I must say its a nice and eloquent read!
In fact, I can't wait for the next chapter, but my personal desperation says: tomorrow is another day.

I will try to put some constructive criticism out on your blog for you to consider. Until now, I don't have any...yet ;)

Goodnight!
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 25, 2009
The narration is simply brilliant. At times I find it a little too feminine for my tastes, but it's the characters that make my imagination run wild.

Me thinks you need to add a man or two to ur desperates(I'm sure you've known many an interesting man :wink: ). That would definately complete the picture.

On the whole, Very Enjoyable!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 25, 2009
damn the lebanese - running after men and women is their national past time
qdabdul
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 25, 2009
Thanks for your feedback!! Haven't considered adding male desperates.... Seeing as you guys are from Mars and all that, don't think I can do the male species justice as yet!
ghostwriter
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 25, 2009
ghostwriter wrote:Thanks for your feedback!! Haven't considered adding male desperates.... Seeing as you guys are from Mars and all that, don't think I can do the male species justice as yet!

Are we really that bad huh? :lol:
RobbyG

Aug 25, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
ghostwriter wrote:Thanks for your feedback!! Haven't considered adding male desperates.... Seeing as you guys are from Mars and all that, don't think I can do the male species justice as yet!

Well RobbyG, if she ever considered it, I could certainly give her a good whiff about you!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Aug 25, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

Well RobbyG, if she ever considered it, I could certainly give her a good whiff about you!!!

There you go, you blasted my character now 8)
RobbyG

Aug 26, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

There you go, you blasted my character now 8)

Sorry Rob, but neither are you scandelous nor mysterious nor decadent enough to be her muse :lol:

I'm surprised that Gossip Girl fan RC and in-house literary expert SH have not commented yet.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 26, 2009

Naa ur too talented to be bogged down by lame sterotypes. Find a male muse, wrte bout him galore and then use a spotter.......Watsay?

Say Ghost writer, Tell us more bout you? Like you in university right now?
As far as this blog goes, what are ur influences?
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 26, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:I'm surprised that Gossip Girl fan RC and in-house literary expert SH have not commented yet.

Oh boy, I don't know why it's here but he commented. Actually he is too old to remember the subject. You are probably to young. :wink:
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 26, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:

Naa ur too talented to be bogged down by lame sterotypes. Find a male muse, wrte bout him galore and then use a spotter.......Watsay?

Say Ghost writer, Tell us more bout you? Like you in university right now?
As far as this blog goes, what are ur influences?

Good question MCL. I want to know more about this 'ghostwoman'.

kinda attractive :wink:
RobbyG

Re: Desperate in Dubai - The Novel Aug 26, 2009
ghostwriter wrote:Hey everyone...

Recently, I started writing my own novel that depicts life in Dubai - as I know it anyway... I'd love to get your feedback on it! I can't post any links apparently, so please Google Desperate in Dubai and check out the blog. I really will apprecite all feedback - and looking for constructive criticism from other writers as well!

Thank you in advance!

please move forward :roll:
catalyst
Dubai chat master

Re: Desperate in Dubai - The Novel Aug 26, 2009
catalyst wrote:
ghostwriter wrote:Hey everyone...

Thank you in advance!

please move forward :roll:

Be nice Catalyst. Show some decency :lol:
RobbyG

Aug 26, 2009
tell me whats wrong this time ?!
catalyst
Dubai chat master

Aug 26, 2009
catalyst wrote:tell me whats wrong this time ?!

Nothing, just playing with you ;)
RobbyG

Aug 26, 2009
ok .. Just remember you started this ^___*

Nice dearms >>>> ^__^
catalyst
Dubai chat master

Aug 26, 2009
Lol, quite a little witty banter thing you guys have going on here :D

You want to know more about me?? Why, when my characters are far more interesting? As for being 'kinda attractive' - how on earth would you know?!
ghostwriter
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 26, 2009
ghostwriter wrote:Lol, quite a little witty banter thing you guys have going on here :D

You want to know more about me?? Why, when my characters are far more interesting?

My fair lady, 'The lamborghini's great, but it's the driver I'm interested in'

Gotta say, I really dig your 'fly on the wall' style of narrating. It's immenesly intriguing how people around us mask their true personas. Ahh the mysteries of Dubai......continue fuelling my imagination ghost writer :D
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 26, 2009
*blush* I don't know what to say... I'd rather talk about other people than myself.
ghostwriter
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 26, 2009
ghostwriter wrote:Lol, quite a little witty banter thing you guys have going on here :D

You want to know more about me?? Why, when my characters are far more interesting? As for being 'kinda attractive' - how on earth would you know?!

Because there's a picture on your profile on your blogging page :roll:
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 26, 2009
Ah...but that is not me. That is Lady Luxe :D
ghostwriter
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 26, 2009
That's pretty much what I thought. But you know the guys rond here, well, they're not so smart.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 26, 2009
Hehe, clearly!!!
ghostwriter
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 26, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:That's pretty much what I thought. But you know the guys rond here, well, they're not so smart.

wtf...somebody gonna get a-hurt real bad, right Chocsy? :D
RobbyG

Aug 26, 2009
ghostwriter wrote:Hehe, clearly!!!

You are new, so you are forgiven :D ;)
RobbyG

Aug 26, 2009
Wow, been leaving me a lot of comments haven't you?? ;) Hurry up and sign up as a facebook fan...yalla!
ghostwriter
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 26, 2009
ghostwriter wrote:Wow, been leaving me a lot of comments haven't you?? ;) Hurry up and sign up as a facebook fan...yalla!

Sorry my lady, I don't intend to use Facebook.

I'm haram (gniff gniff) :lol:
RobbyG

Aug 26, 2009
No Facebook?! *shock & horror*

Well...to each their own...
ghostwriter
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 26, 2009
ghostwriter wrote:No Facebook?! *shock & horror*

Well...to each their own...

No facebook, but plenty of other social networking sites I do not intend to disclose publicly ;)

Each to their own 8)
RobbyG

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat