DDS Does Emirates ID

Topic locked
DDS does Emirates ID Jan 26, 2011
In my great war of the redtape turns out to get Docu A I need Docu B to get Docu B I need Docu C and for that I need Docu D and EID WTF !

Was in Shj day before, near the labour office. Where they used to have literally hundreds of typing shops carrying out labour and immigration dept paperwork and specially with the labour office close by, bussiness was good. But sometime begining of 2010 Shj passed a law that now only one, yes just one typing outlet is authorised to do any offical paperwork, wonder who owns that one eh ? :D So what were once shops chock full of PRO's and avg joes with passports and tons of paper in hand to get their stuff sorted out are now virtually squatting flies.

Was driving by one shop and saw a sign on the window EID done here, had my orginal PP with me and it was close to 1.00pm Sharjah basically still does the 1 to 4 siesta. I walked in and said I need to get this done. Dude says alright leave your passport here pointing to a stack of passports ! You can then come in a few days and pick it up.

I said uh huh, no way jose, not leaving my passport with anyone and I can't wait I really need to get it done now. Dude looks around, no one in the shop, everyones gone of the 1 to 4 break. OK look, but i'll cost you a little extra. Long story short I walk out after 20 mins with my reciept in hand. I asked is this the one I can use instead of the EID, he said no your suppose to get an SMS with in two days and that will have your appointment on it then you go on that date they probe you ! and then give you another paper which you can use until you get the actual EID

Now just the other day I was talking to someone who after standing for hours to get their apps typed in early december just recieved the SMS a day before informing him of an appointment in late feb !

Hmmm....There is a EIDA center closeby in barsha so I thought I'd see how far I could take this, So I arrived thier earlish today. Went up to the lady with my sad little doggy in the window look and asked if she could help me. She said whats up ? I told her I got my app typed day before need to get my EID ASAP . She looked at the date and said sorry mate not happening you have to wait to get an SMS and the come on the appointment, there was also a rude Egyptian fellow who was turning back anyone with an appointment, luckily I avoided him. I kindly requested her again and that I would really appreciate it and give the Docu A,B,C,D story with a few emblishments. She sighed, ok fine hand me your papers zapped my papers and pulled out a number and said go wait. I said a BIG THANK YOU and mumbled a I love you too I think :shock:. Hour later walking out of the EIDA building, finger printed, scanned, probed, photographed with a document that is just as good as the EID until empost delivers the actual card :D

desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: DDS Does Emirates ID Jan 26, 2011
You mention the "rude Egyptian". What were the nationalities of all the other people you dealt with or it wasn't necessary to mention their nationality because they were all nice?

Glad to hear it worked out.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: DDS Does Emirates ID Jan 26, 2011
No he was just being rude to everyone in general. Which in contrast the Emarati staff was very nice for a change. Earlier the Indian cleaner did not let me talk to the "mudeer" ! There was this one Bengali dude who looked liked he just stepped off the plane. When asked to look in the camera to get a shot he started giving his side shots, maybe watched too many hollywood movies ? Then when told NO NO NO look at this camera here. He then put his eye up to the lens as if he was looking out through a binocular. I fully expected him to say LAND HO !

There was also this other Egyptian dude who just turned up with his passport, without a clue as in what needs to be done to get an EID. I sat him down while waiting and explained it to him then he asked me where he could get his app typed out. I told him I'm sorry I don't know any place closeby or in Dubai, but gave him the number of the EID toll free number so he can call and find out. But he seemed to get quite angry and upset and stormed off mumbling under his breath !!!
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat