Crumpets.......

Topic locked
Crumpets....... Jun 19, 2011
Yes....cue the responses about various bars, nightclubs, etc......

Question is, does anyone know any shops in Dubai that sell Crumpets? Probably only UK people will know what i am on about, because according to Wikipedia it's mainly Brits who eat them.

I can't find them anywhere, and am beginning to think that maybe they contain some kind of pork product or something (hence i was on Wikipedia trying to find out what is in them...)

Any advice gratefully received.

BlueOrb
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Crumpets....... Jun 19, 2011
Park n Shop on Al Wasl?
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

hmm have you tried Waitrose in Dubai Mall?

I don't really know what they are myself but I'm guessing Waitrose may have them since its an English store.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

bushra21 wrote:hmm have you tried Waitrose in Dubai Mall?

I don't really know what they are myself but I'm guessing Waitrose may have them since its an English store.

They're sort of thick pancake type things - hard to describe really! You eat them with loads of butter on, plus other toppings iy you like (eg cheese), after a light toasting under the grill.

Haven;t been in waitrose for a while (i used to go to the one in the Marina Mall), so yeah, could be worth a shot. Cheers.
BlueOrb
Dubai forums Addict

Googled:

http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/message ... icID=85852

they found some places to buy them!
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

drewpeacock wrote:Park n Shop on Al Wasl?

Is that the name of the shop? I don't get down that way much....last time i went that way i ended up doing the weekly shopping in Spinneys....and boy did i regret that, cost wise. Never again!

-- Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:51 pm --

bushra21 wrote:Googled:

http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/message ... icID=85852

they found some places to buy them!

Thank You! Great Stuff!

Looks like the Park and Shop is a good bet too.

You can't beat a bit of Crumpet..... :lol:
BlueOrb
Dubai forums Addict

For those that dont know what a crumpet looks like, 1.26 mins in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXv8WW3W ... re=related
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Spinneys have the,m ,ubg tthey're normally in the fridge sectionwith other bread-like products. I love a good crumpet with butter and strawberry jam - yum yum
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Spinneys have the,m ,ubg tthey're normally in the fridge sectionwith other bread-like products. I love a good crumpet with butter and strawberry jam - yum yum

Chocs, have you been on the lash again? You'll have spellcheckergirl on your case at that rate!

Strawberry jam on crumpets? Nooooo, it's got to be butter or melted cheese. I like mine stuck on the end of a toasting fork and held over the coal fire. They taste loads better than under the grill. I don't suppose there's much chance of anyone having a coal fire in Dubai tho'.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Meh, don't really care what that numpty thinks, everyone is allowed to make typos and mistakes.

I just put the crumpets in the toaster.

With cheese? eewwwww no!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

I'd think any sort of bread conconction goes well with cheese or rather cheese goes well with almost anything :D
desertdudeshj

Chocoholic wrote:Meh, don't really care what that numpty thinks, everyone is allowed to make typos and mistakes.

where's your sense of humour gone Chocs? SPG is all about a bit of fun :D

laugh and the whole world laughs with you.
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Meh, don't really care what that numpty thinks, everyone is allowed to make typos and mistakes.

where's your sense of humour gone Chocs? SPG is all about a bit of fun :D

laugh and the whole world laughs with you.

er no! Possibly one of the most annoying and irritating people on here. Constantly correcting people is lame.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:er no! Possibly one of the most annoying and irritating people on here. Constantly correcting people is lame.

Agreed, no one likes a sanctimonious little biatch. Not to mention spell checker girl, can't spell !
desertdudeshj

Chocoholic wrote:Meh, do not start a sentance with a sheep sound ever!don't really care what that numpty thinks, everyone is allowed to make typos and mistakes.

I just put the crumpets in the toaster.

With cheese? eewwwww no!

Chocs, a considerable improvement from your last post where I am glad you took BM's advice to improve.

Lets put it down to the crumpet and jam syndrome. Are you pregnant by any chance?

-- Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:58 pm --

desertdudeshj wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:er no! Possibly one of the most annoying and irritating people on here. Constantly correcting people is lame.

Agreed, no one likes a sanctimonious little biatch. Not to mention spell checker girl, can't spell !

Good work DDS, keep your posts short to reduce the failure risk.
spellcheckergirl
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Its something I've never heard of before, but would like to try it. I'm all about fo0o0ood food foood fooood
symmetric
BANNED

Agreed, no one likes a sanctimonious little biatch

Don't call Chocs names munchkin. It really isn't very nice. You really must learn to grow up!
Bethsmum

Found some!!!!!

Park N Shop in Tecom - had to do two rounds of the shop, and then found them on top of the bread counter. Bought two packs, and had one pack for tea/dinner (i know, sad.....)

Two with Cheese and butter, two with cheese and marmite, and one with just butter. My missus tried one with just butter......came over all underwhelmed, but i know she will be eating them tomorrow while i'm out.

Cheers for the assistance, especially Drewpeacock for the spot on tip! :D
BlueOrb
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Crumpets....... Jun 20, 2011
BlueOrb wrote:Found some!!!!!

Park N Shop in Tecom - had to do two rounds of the shop, and then found them on top of the bread counter. Bought two packs, and had one pack for tea/dinner (i know, sad.....)

Two with Cheese and butter, two with cheese and marmite, and one with just butter. My missus tried one with just butter......came over all underwhelmed, but i know she will be eating them tomorrow while i'm out.

Good work Blue! Fancy eating 5! LOL I hope you hit the gym tomorrow, you'll be turning into a bit of a chubber at this rate :D
Bethsmum

BlueOrb wrote:Found some!!!!!

Keep one aside for the finders fee Blue :D
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

So does this Park n Shop place have many English items?
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

bushra21 wrote:So does this Park n Shop place have many English items?

Park N Shop is probably the most random place ever. If you can't find something always try there. It's on Al Wasl road, past Safa park, headed towards MOE.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Cool, might swing by there and see if I can find some things my guy likes . :)
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

There's also one in Tecom, next to the Byblos Hotel.

They do have a good selection, for a smaller supermarket. Like i said, i havd to go round a couple of times before i found the crumpets, there was that much stuff in there.

-- Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:20 pm --

Bethsmum wrote:Good work Blue! Fancy eating 5! LOL I hope you hit the gym tomorrow, you'll be turning into a bit of a chubber at this rate :D

Life is my Gym!

That, and very high blood sugar that keeps me too thin! :D
BlueOrb
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat