Competition For "most Useless"

Topic locked
competition for "most useless" Apr 28, 2010
starting April I'm suddenly being charged housing fee.
that's fine, I mean we have to reward somehow the hard labor of nail paiting while at work/no speak proper english dearest professionals.

here's the good part. last I checked we were still in april, yet for this one month I'm being charged 5 times the housing fee i should be paying for a month. isnt it lovely. so I call up dubai municipality and the guy with the most relaxed tone tells me I have to go to Dewa head office and to some other place as well with my tenancy contract and dewa bill and request adjustment. did I tell you i have not received my dewa bill in months? so when I ask back what is it that he can do for me instead of just sending me to places, he tells me "if you don't get it, it's not my problem..."

does anybody have the list of "birthdays" for all these wonderful authorities? I'd like to surprise them one by one with some gas and fire, ideally with all the people inside

raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Competition For "most Useless" Apr 28, 2010
housing fee is 5 % of your rent.

This can be a lot if you have a big house
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

I have been paying the housing fee for more than 4 years and have always been somewhat peeved that so many people were not paying.

-- Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:35 pm --

gezza wrote:housing fee is 5 % of your rent.

Or 0.5% of the purchase price divided by 12 = the monthly rate added to your DEWA bill.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:I have been paying the housing fee for more than 4 years and have always been somewhat peeved that so many people were not paying.

Or 0.5% of the purchase price divided by 12 = the monthly rate added to your DEWA bill.

We are renting and pay 5 % of the yearly rental...

not that it matters...
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

gezza wrote:
sage & onion wrote:I have been paying the housing fee for more than 4 years and have always been somewhat peeved that so many people were not paying.

We are renting and pay 5 % of the yearly rental...

not that it matters...

Yes indeed I was not doubting you at all, however what you are paying is 5% of the Annual Rent divided by 12 as the monthly rate added to your DEWA bill.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: competition for "most useless" Apr 28, 2010
raidah wrote:does anybody have the list of "birthdays" for all these wonderful authorities? I'd like to surprise them one by one with some gas and fire, ideally with all the people inside

Do it before 2pm sweetheart, after that there is no-one there!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: competition for "most useless" Apr 28, 2010
so ive been told :P

bloody idiots, i had to call like 5 different numbers before they could give me some answers
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Ah Ah i beat you on this one, i started paying the housing fee in Dec 2004

Nah nah na na nah
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Competition For "most Useless" Apr 29, 2010
arniegang wrote:

Ah Ah i beat you on this one, i started paying the housing fee in Dec 2004

Nah nah na na nah

I would like to personally thank you on behalf of the Authorities :drunken: :drunken: :drunken:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat