Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

Topic locked
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Feb 09, 2008
Could someone please tell me if there is any BJJ clubs or academies in Dubai. I know about Carlao Santos BJJ team in AD, but I am considering a job that requires me to live in Dubai. If there is no place for me to train my beloved BJJ, it might be a deal breaker.

In worst case, could someone tell me how long time it takes to drive to AD (more specific the fight academy there)?

Cheers

HuginBJJ
Dubai Expat Wannabe

BJJ Feb 10, 2008
Anyone?????????
HuginBJJ
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 13, 2008
I'm in the same boat. I'll be moving there in a few months from the states. I've been asking and googling for BJJ in Dubai. So far no luck. I've heard of a few Muay Thai gyms though.
motojet
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 13, 2008
Check time out dubai
There's a karate centre too on al wasl road they may do stuff there
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 13, 2008
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Feb 13, 2008
I think there's a BJ club that meets at the "rattle snake" on most Thursday & Friday nights. Try there.
craigindubai
Dubai forums Addict

Found some info Feb 13, 2008
I think I maybe found the answer to my own question. I called Carlao Santos. He is the Brazilian professor of the Emirates BJJ team. He told it is BJJ academies in Dubai. Will post more info when I get it.

What coulour belt do you have motojet? Maybe we could get together and roll when you get to Dubai. Will probably arrive in Dubai in May.
HuginBJJ
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 13, 2008
HuginBJJ I would definately be interested in rolling. However I haven't been taking bjj. I've been going to a mma school in California where I've been no gi grappling for the last couple of months along with muay thai kickboxing. I'm really into it but I'm still a newbe.
motojet
Dubai Expat Wannabe

No problem Feb 13, 2008
Motojet, no problem. Personally I prefer with GI as it opens up to so many more techniques. Do you have a GI?

I will start my new job in May, but I am not certain where I will live yet. Stay in touch!

If your new job is with EK, pm me your email address and we could exchange information.
HuginBJJ
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Dubai Sep 23, 2009
The Art of Power MMA Academy have students from beginners to full time professional fighters, and black belt instructors coming straight from brazilian top team in Rio de Janeiro.

They have classes every day except fridays (private classes are also available).
antara
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 23, 2009
MMA is really fun to practice. It gives your body the exercise it needs and more. Too bad that I am not well enough to practice it again...
coldautmun
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat