21 Billion A Year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Topic locked
21 billion a year !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dec 10, 2006
It's a big number huh ?

Well this is the amount of money being transferred by immigrants from GCC countries to Asia only in a year period!! I don't hear anyone complains about it, why?

I think these counties should stop all this waist of money on them and start using it to fix what some people in this forum keeps complaining about, don't you agree ? or better yet I suggest we replace the government officials by them and see if they can do a better job ! At the end it's for their won benefit to have the good life style they dreamed of.

My massage to those ( SMART, EDUCATED AND GOT IT ALL ) members is to be civilized a bit to put solutions to what they see wrong here , not only brag about it, be a productive member in the society you live in instead of spreding hates all over .

SOME don't have a clue of what the our officials do to keep the flow of immigrants coming in to the country without complications as much as they can, or the amount of problems the country faces regarding immigrants like crime rates going up, fake degrees, illegal immigrants, unemployment rats of locals increasing because of this flow, changing laws to their benefit .and the so much care they give to make sure everyone is ok.

Yes, there is issues that needs to be solved, but all I'm saying is that GIVE THEM A BREAK , thing does not happen in a day or two, and they don't have the time to look into one solo incident and makes a big fuss about it .

My apology if I offended anyone .

firefingers

Re: 21 billion a year !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dec 10, 2006
firefingers wrote:It's a big number huh ?

Well this is the amount of money being transferred by immigrants from GCC countries to Asia only in a year period!! I don't hear anyone complains about it, why?

Yeah, why don't we hear locals complain about it? Maybe because these asians worked hard to earn it?
yujinn
Dubai forums Addict

Dude Firefinger!!!

Your country would be jack diddly squat if it werent for the expats doing all your jobs....

What do they get in return shitty housing conditions, abuse, salary which is pathetic should i go on....

If you dont like them just refuse entry and do your own work......Then we can talk.....

P.S...If you dont want the money to go back why not give them PR..... :twisted:
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 10, 2006
Nobody complains as the likes of the economy of the UAE has doubled in size in 5 years, so repatriation of wealth is going to be part of the price to pay for the country as a whole being much wealthier.

If they try to stop it, the labour (from the poorest to the richest) will stop coming as, despite what the Dubai tourist board would have you believe, money is the biggest draw to people moving here.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 10, 2006
scot1870 wrote:Nobody complains as the likes of the economy of the UAE has doubled in size in 5 years, so repatriation of wealth is going to be part of the price to pay for the country as a whole being much wealthier.

If they try to stop it, the labour (from the poorest to the richest) will stop coming as, despite what the Dubai tourist board would have you believe, money is the biggest draw to people moving here.

Correct Scot, and what is firefingers point here???????
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 10, 2006
agreed its a big sum

But whats the main aim of people coming here to work ? earn money, save it for a better life down the line.

I would put it in a way its a give and take relationship, people work hard to give the economy a boost and get paid well in return. Do you think it would be possible if people from the asian community are denied work permit here? who would do the construction work? who would do the marketing jobs? there are quite a number of asians who are a high positions across various fields.

Take a hypothetical situation, in the coming period all the asians are denied an entry and the ones present are made to go back to their respective countries, are there enough local people to fill up the positions? would they be willing to do the jobs which asians are handling right now? And i would say it doent just apply to asians it applies to all the expats, FYI Britishers and europeans have much higher pay packages then Asians have, have you tried to get those facts?.

I guess it should be a give and take relationship which would make this region grow.

Cheers,

J
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 10, 2006
Jeevan wrote:agreed its a big sum

But whats the main aim of people coming here to work ? earn money, save it for a better life down the line.

I would put it in a way its a give and take relationship, people work hard to give the economy a boost and get paid well in return. Do you think it would be possible if people from the asian community are denied work permit here? who would do the construction work? who would do the marketing jobs? there are quite a number of asians who are a high positions across various fields.

Take a hypothetical situation, in the coming period all the asians are denied an entry and the ones present are made to go back to their respective countries, are there enough local people to fill up the positions? would they be willing to do the jobs which asians are handling right now? And i would say it doent just apply to asians it applies to all the expats, FYI Britishers and europeans have much higher pay packages then Asians have, have you tried to get those facts?.

I guess it should be a give and take relationship which would make this region grow.

Cheers,

J

I have always said, stop the Asians etc from coming here, country collapses, its as simple as that.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

yujinn wrote:
firefingers wrote:It's a big number huh ?

Yeah, why don't we hear locals complain about it? Maybe because these asians worked hard to earn it?

ohhh god stop saying (( works hard )) work is work dud , do you expect every one to work with an aircon on top of them, this is life body.

all I'm saying is that and this goes to me too work get paid and shut up
firefingers

Dec 10, 2006
I didn't get what you just said... All I just said is the truth.
What do you want really?
yujinn
Dubai forums Addict

devilsdiciple wrote:Dude Firefinger!!!

Your country would be jack diddly squat if it werent for the expats doing all your jobs....

What do they get in return shitty housing conditions, abuse, salary which is pathetic should i go on....

If you dont like them just refuse entry and do your own work......Then we can talk.....

P.S...If you dont want the money to go back why not give them PR..... :twisted:

if it's not them then others we'll do it and unlike them we are thankfull to what they do.
and about their shitty thing , who is stoping them from complaining ? educate them their rights befor they come so they wont get ubused !
if they are lazy it's not our problem .
and why you blam locals for it, it there own kind who do this to them.
firefingers

Dec 10, 2006
Jeevan wrote:agreed its a big sum

Cheers,

J

As I said we are really thankful and shak zied said (( this country was built of immegrents swet, and we will always thank them for what they have done )) I'm not saying we don't need them

The issue here is the tons of complains some people throw at our country and never regardless of the benefit they gained of working here.
firefingers

Dec 10, 2006
compared even to the US we'll still be a better country in providing good working inviroment and life style , every one dreams of working there , I have been there for 5 years and and lots of people have a very shitty life and works in minimum salary and shitty housing condition and get treated in a shitty way!! I have been there and it is true.

all counties has it but at least this counry is taking steps toward improving it's selg regarding all these mattere so suck it up
firefingers

Dec 10, 2006
well I'm going camping next weekend in Hatta area , lets get togather around the camp fire and discuse those issues like adults :)
firefingers

Dec 10, 2006
Firefingers - Dubai is a great country and there is no denying it, but it also has some parts that are not so great and could do with improvments - just as any other country in the world could claim the same.

People will always voice opinions on what effects their daily lifes and always have factors they deem un-acceptable - its a fundamental part of a healthy social infrastructure and is not something that should always be seen as Negative - many societys are founded on these principles and continue to evolve based on the 'vox populi'.

I can whine about Dubai quite a bit - but not as much as I can about the UK (I would rather have His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum over Tony Blair anyday :) )

I also think it is a good thing how Dubai will look after it's own people so well. I only wish i could say the same about my home country where it will not mean anything that I am a British Citizen with Parents and Grandparents and Great Grandparents (etc) born in the UK.

So Dubai is a Great country, but it still needs improvements, and so its not such a bad thing to hear people complain as this acts as a compass for making such improvements.

As for wealth redirection out of a country, this is exists all over the world - there are plenty of ports around the world which are outside of the GCC region and owned by GCC companies (esp in the USA) - these source a lot of money back into the GCC. I don't think this is a bad thing - it's buisness at the end of the day.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

firefingers wrote:
It's a big number huh ?

Is this Dirhams or Dollars?

I disagree with you. 21 billion regardless of what currency it is, still it isn't enough and it isn't a big amount. If you'll calculate the ratio of proportion to the number of asian expats working to reach the $21B, i would say still it's not fair and just amount.

Given: Long hours of work, hard labour, no fringe and benefits, the average income per asian expat is still below minimum. (UAE labour standard).

Don't be shocked with $21 billion! It's nothing!

Despite all this, i appreciate the effort of the UAE government for continous reform in labour market, and gov't acknowledges that expatriates represent 90% of the total work force in UAE, and external remittances is about 9.5% of the GDP of the country.

As per the UAE reports to the UN, it has ratified 9 int'l treaties on working hours, banning compulsary labour, inspection of work in industry and trading, night work for women, equal wage for both gender, discrimination in employment. QUESTION: Do you noticed this changes? Are these being implemented? Partly yes, still more rooms for improvement.

Continous update and reform should be a MUST!
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 10, 2006
I bought an apartment here. I pay indirect taxes here. I shop in the malls here. What more does this country want from me if I am not allowed to do anything else? If other people are not even allowed to bring their families here, or cannot afford to do so, why the f&#$ will they not send money to their families back home? Want to ban that too? Clean your own streets then.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 10, 2006
jabbajabba & asc_26
I agree
firefingers

Dec 10, 2006
gtmash wrote:I bought an apartment here. I pay indirect taxes here. I shop in the malls here. What more does this country want from me if I am not allowed to do anything else? If other people are not even allowed to bring their families here, or cannot afford to do so, why the f&#$ will they not send money to their families back home? Want to ban that too? Clean your own streets then.

what in god name are you talking about ?
what did the country gained out of you buying an aprtment ? you need 4 walls don't you ? or is it you got used to sleeping in the streets ?
or shopping in the malls ? we all know thoses are international businesses !! daaaaa.
and regarding your family and I'm not sure but it depends on your income, there is a law you know ! they just wont let it randomly, the US does the same .
firefingers

Dec 10, 2006
After all it's your own kind who is abusing thoses labors not locals.

and the new labor minister is doing all he can to improve his depatment and to thoses who dosent read the news paper he SETS in the customers services deskt TWIS a week to look into thoses problems HIM SELF and SOLVE it in the spot, my god where in the world does this happen other than this beloved country ?
firefingers

Dec 11, 2006
firefingers wrote:After all it's your own kind who is abusing thoses labors not locals.

and the new labor minister is doing all he can to improve his depatment and to thoses who dosent read the news paper he SETS in the customers services deskt TWIS a week to look into thoses problems HIM SELF and SOLVE it in the spot, my god where in the world does this happen other than this beloved country ?

What's the point in micro-managing when it's the macro world that needs attention?

The country gains a lot from people buying apartments and shopping here, it sustains the construction industry that is between 15%-20% of the the economy.

As for the 21bn, I assume it's dollars but can't be bothered looking it up. In contrast, the GCC this year will post a current account surplus (ie money they simply do not know what to do with!) of around $220bn - do you think much of that money will end up in expat pockets or is it more likely we'll see a new fleet of fast cars gracing Sheikh Zayed Rd quite soon?
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 11, 2006
firefingers wrote:
gtmash wrote:I bought an apartment here. I pay indirect taxes here. I shop in the malls here. What more does this country want from me if I am not allowed to do anything else? If other people are not even allowed to bring their families here, or cannot afford to do so, why the f&#$ will they not send money to their families back home? Want to ban that too? Clean your own streets then.

what in god name are you talking about ?
what did the country gained out of you buying an aprtment ? you need 4 walls don't you ? or is it you got used to sleeping in the streets ?
or shopping in the malls ? we all know thoses are international businesses !! daaaaa.
and regarding your family and I'm not sure but it depends on your income, there is a law you know ! they just wont let it randomly, the US does the same .

Oh, so you're saying I shouldn't invest in property here. International businesses shouldn't set up here. Ok, I see your point.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 11, 2006
What's this thread about again?

First it was about how the country was "bleeding" money to the tune of 21 billion of some currency a year from people too many to count.

Then it was complaints about work conditions? I think someone's losing their plot here.

In any case, what's 21 billion in the larger scheme of things? If this is going be an economic discussion on the national level, let there be no insinuation with what's in your bank account (unless this thread is of something more of a personal nature). The GDP's already running ahead of AED500 billion. Given those odds, I'd say the country's doing brilliantly in growing and hoarding it's wealth (if that is your primary concern), considering that expatriates make up at least 80% of the population (and reasonably, a higher proportion of the work force).

Stick with the big picture, mate. UAE's no pauper.
Guilo2
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 11, 2006
Why isn't this in the political and culture section?
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 11, 2006
Its more a general subject thats why.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 11, 2006
Guilo2 wrote:First it was about how the country was "bleeding" money to the tune of 21 billion of some currency a year from people too many to count.

Stick with the big picture, mate. UAE's no pauper.

The $21bn is from the whole GCC, so the UAE's share is probably say about 20% of that.

Yup, the country and the region is swimming in cash, at least give the expats what they've earned.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 11, 2006
^^ yup thats true its 21 billion dollars from the whole GCC which according to the same report says there are 6 million asians in the region. So this comes down to an average of 350 dollars a year per person !!!! thats really nothing
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat