I bet it will not take longer than 10 min on a reply from your side
:D

M!
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 21, 2008
M! wrote:my Dear, that was quick :!:
I bet it will not take longer than 10 min on a reply from your side
:D

Hahahaha Did you mean "I just certified the fact that I am a woman...and one of them?" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Awww what was I thinking!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 22, 2008
maximusprime wrote:you will have to wear black from head to tow, you cant drive or work and you'll get stoned to death for picking up hot men. Alcohol is punishable by death too.

LOL :lol:

Beware 50% of that is True.
SicnarFranciS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 22, 2008
A quick tale from the archives:

Whilst filling up at about 11.00pm one night at an EPPCO station a few years ago in Rashidiya, a blacked out 4x4 with no lights on, creeps onto the forecourt at about 1km per hour, weaves its way up to the shop front and only stops because the front wheels hit the kerb.

It just sits there for a bit and all the pump attendants start to get worried in case the person inside has been taken sick. One of them plucks up courage and taps on the window.

The window rolls down to reveal a woman, in complete black out cover..wearing sunglasses! At night!

She had driven like this from Abu Dhabi!

Apparently she came to visit a friend in Dubai but had 'borrowed' her brother's car. She had no licence and was 14 years old! She thought that if she did not turn the lights and covered herself up completely, no-one would be able to see her and tell her brother.

Women drivers?

:shock: :shock: 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 23, 2008
Hmmm...

Ok I will take the opportunity to share my "woman driving" experience 2 years ago.

I came from Wafi Mall approaching the intersection. I was in the middle lane of the three lane road. Being the first car, I headed directly as I've seen the green light more prominent than red. Went past straight, it was too late when I noticed that both cars driving parallel me stopped. Then a sudden screeching brake from the taxi heading really fast -- directed to me. Had the time to think, calculate and decide in an instant...reflexes as they call it. I was even waiting forever for the crash -- time literally stopped even if it's just a matter of few seconds...then boom!

My car suddenly released smoke in front. Hahaha I'll never forget my reaction.....

Imagine a woman in white skirt, pink spaghetti strap top, pink stiletto shoes...running in the bloody intersection as far as she can because she's thinking "sh!t my car will explode, I have to run as fast and as far away as I can!!" (with all the people in the car stuck around watching her). Hahahahaha ;)

The guard of the Health Care city came running after me, being so helpful "Your car, you have to put off the engine..."
My answer while still shaking "No way, I am not going near that car, it might explode!!!"

Hahahahaha....if I am to video one incident of my life, that would be it.

Atleast I have an excuse...I am a woman

No, it doesn't happen everyday....it's just that probably I watched a lot of stup!d movies wherein car actually explodes!

Hahahahaha :)

I left my car with the engine on, my wallet, bag, mobile inside....
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 23, 2008
Probably the most sensible thing to do if you are driving a Yank Tank or a NaziMatic.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 23, 2008
What I understand is exploding cars are very rare. Its the exception, rather than the rule.

farthestpoint wrote:Hmmm...

Ok I will take the opportunity to share my "woman driving" experience 2 years ago.

I came from Wafi Mall approaching the intersection. I was in the middle lane of the three lane road. Being the first car, I headed directly as I've seen the green light more prominent than red. Went past straight, it was too late when I noticed that both cars driving parallel me stopped. Then a sudden screeching brake from the taxi heading really fast -- directed to me. Had the time to think, calculate and decide in an instant...reflexes as they call it. I was even waiting forever for the crash -- time literally stopped even if it's just a matter of few seconds...then boom!

My car suddenly released smoke in front. Hahaha I'll never forget my reaction.....

Imagine a woman in white skirt, pink spaghetti strap top, pink stiletto shoes...running in the bloody intersection as far as she can because she's thinking "sh!t my car will explode, I have to run as fast and as far away as I can!!" (with all the people in the car stuck around watching her). Hahahahaha ;)

The guard of the Health Care city came running after me, being so helpful "Your car, you have to put off the engine..."
My answer while still shaking "No way, I am not going near that car, it might explode!!!"

No, it doesn't happen everyday....it's just that probably I watched a lot of stup!d movies wherein car actually explodes!

Pike
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 23, 2008
Pike wrote:What I understand is exploding cars are very rare. Its the exception, rather than the rule.

farthestpoint wrote:Hmmm...

Unless you live in Baghdad, Delhi or Belfast...

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 23, 2008
Hahahahaha :) Cars don't explode!

Knew it right after the incident because my friends made fun of me.
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 23, 2008
maximusprime wrote:lighten up guys I was joking. I forgot people in this part of the world haven't quite figured out the whole humor thing yet (or addresses for that matter). Dubai is fine for women. dont do anything stupid and you'll be fine (seems to be a hard rule to follow for the brits though!). Just repect the locals blah blah blah (meaning keep your mouth shut when they jump in front of you in line or run you off the road in their land yachts).

All kidding aside, Dubai can be a fun place to be. You can drink all you want, just dont do anything stupid, Im sure you can find a "hot western" cowboy to keep you warm at night, but dont go for a screw on the beach or it could cost you about six years. Seriously, just use some common sense.

So glad i didn't add that you have to clean my Villa for free the first 6 months and that includes a full body massage LOL i would have been ousted ! All kidding aside.. i will take the massage though :)
Melanie
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 12, 2008
maximusprime wrote:you will have to wear black from head to tow, you cant drive or work and you'll get stoned to death for picking up hot men. Alcohol is punishable by death too.

He he he...

ex londoner
muyesser
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 12, 2008
K-Dog wrote:

I really thought that forum is supposed to help each other out. I know that your either trying to be sarcastic or funny but either way it is a disgrace.

To answer your question, I have been in Dubai for 6 months now. Dubai is the most progressive Middle Eastern country. Its probably 10 times more secure for you as a female than your home country, UK. Females can live however they choose to, however there are certain areas where you want to live as a single western girl. There are tons of bars and nightclubs with no cover charge for females. Although I wouldn't use any bars to meet an opposite s*x member for a serious relationship but you'll have no problem meeting hot men for casual relationships.

I hope this helps. PM me if you have any specific questions/concerns.

thank you and good to see rather decent people..
ex londoner/2nd month in DUbai and a female
muyesser
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 12, 2008
muyesser wrote:
K-Dog wrote:

I really thought that forum is supposed to help each other out. I know that your either trying to be sarcastic or funny but either way it is a disgrace.

To answer your question, I have been in Dubai for 6 months now. Dubai is the most progressive Middle Eastern country. Its probably 10 times more secure for you as a female than your home country, UK. Females can live however they choose to, however there are certain areas where you want to live as a single western girl. There are tons of bars and nightclubs with no cover charge for females. Although I wouldn't use any bars to meet an opposite s*x member for a serious relationship but you'll have no problem meeting hot men for casual relationships.

I hope this helps. PM me if you have any specific questions/concerns.

thank you and good to see rather decent people..
ex londoner/2nd month in DUbai and a female

You can see decent people? Here?

Do you see dead people too?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Oct 14, 2008
Sarcastic + funny = disgraceful ?

I can see dead people and I have their pictures to prove it.

American/not there yet but coming the 22nd/sarcastic female
Melanie
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 14, 2008
Melanie wrote:So glad i didn't add that you have to clean my Villa for free the first 6 months and that includes a full body massage LOL i would have been ousted ! All kidding aside.. i will take the massage though :)

Haha, we'll need to have a few drinks first.

American/9 months so far/M
maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat