Becoming Professional Pilot

Topic locked
May 26, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:You are welcome. I did a couple of lessons at UAQ and really loved it. I;d love to learn to fly, but my poor salary can't afford it unfortunately - boo

Isn't it a full time thing? What lessons did you go for?

Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 28, 2009
marcDXB123 wrote:Im a pilot.

It is a very costly process, and no one at the present time will pay for it for you as there is an abundance of pilots ''on the market'' and new ones fresh out of college.

You will need

PPL - Private Pilots License - this costs in the region of 50,000 AED
CPL - Commercial Pilots License - this costs in the region of 300,000 AED

Over all including your Instrument Rating and college, studies e.t.c

Your looking around 500,000 AED, and that is without even getting considered for a job.

Most airlines will need at least 1000 hours to be considered, no real programs taking trainees at the moment,

start saving!!!

Yes, there are abundance of pilots but there are only a few who are really good ones - and that's what airlines and corporate are looking for.

Whatever course you're going to take there's always an associated costs be it an engineer or a doctor. Are you guaranteed for a job? Certainly NOT. Because employers seek an applicant who fits on their employment criteria and their company's culture.

However, there are lots of people who wanted to become professional pilots since their childhood years. Are we going to discourage them because of the costs? I bet NO. There are lots of people who work their way up in the ladder and finally achieve their long-time dream because they choose to. With their effort, commitment, perseverance, and determination they finally reach their goal.

You know what - if you're a pilot by heart you would probably love people to be just the same as you are - a good pilot. :D
avtraining1
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jun 04, 2009
avtraining1 wrote:
marcDXB123 wrote:Im a pilot.

It is a very costly process, and no one at the present time will pay for it for you as there is an abundance of pilots ''on the market'' and new ones fresh out of college.

You will need

PPL - Private Pilots License - this costs in the region of 50,000 AED
CPL - Commercial Pilots License - this costs in the region of 300,000 AED

Over all including your Instrument Rating and college, studies e.t.c

Your looking around 500,000 AED, and that is without even getting considered for a job.

Most airlines will need at least 1000 hours to be considered, no real programs taking trainees at the moment,

start saving!!!

Yes, there are abundance of pilots but there are only a few who are really good ones - and that's what airlines and corporate are looking for.

Whatever course you're going to take there's always an associated costs be it an engineer or a doctor. Are you guaranteed for a job? Certainly NOT. Because employers seek an applicant who fits on their employment criteria and their company's culture.

However, there are lots of people who wanted to become professional pilots since their childhood years. Are we going to discourage them because of the costs? I bet NO. There are lots of people who work their way up in the ladder and finally achieve their long-time dream because they choose to. With their effort, commitment, perseverance, and determination they finally reach their goal.

You know what - if you're a pilot by heart you would probably love people to be just the same as you are - a good pilot. :D

are you a pilot Mr. avtraining1??? :?:
scms
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 05, 2009
I used to fly B737 in Southwest Airlines then moved to corporate in the G100 Astra Jet. I've finally settled to flight instructing which I loved most on the Cessna 152 Aerobat and Piper Seneca. I'm one of the senior flight instructor of Aviation Training One International.

You're most welcome to fly with us.
avtraining1
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat