Barasti Voted Best Bar In The World

Topic locked
Barasti voted best bar in the world May 12, 2008
Go Dubai!! Don't know why Boudoir was the only other contender in dubai though. http://worldsbestbars.com/public/top_listings.jsp

scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 12, 2008
A new low for an Islamic country.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

May 12, 2008
Unlike Saudi, UAE never claimed to be an Islamic state.

"Islam is the most followed religion in this country."

Every expat I meet here tries to pin-point negative things about Dubai...huh... if you hate this country so much why dont you get a job in some other country or for that fact go back to your own country... or is it that you are such a loser that you cant find a better job elsewhere?

I dont understand why everybody expects Dubai to be a heaven.. its just like any other country and only 50 years old. Think about your own country when it was 50 years old... probably people were chopping each others head for food at that time.

Atleast here people dont kill each other in the name of religion. Think !
dale
Dubai forums Addict

May 12, 2008
The UAE is not an Islamic state? News to me. Dale might be right if they are now worried about losing their national identity. But I also cannot think of any place outside rural Africa where people chopped off each other's heads for food in 1958.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

May 13, 2008
Milk & Honey is the 25th best bar in the world?!

It's one small dark room in the back of SoHo, where the drinks are twice the price of the pub next door and the serving staff look like they want to strangle you.

Oh and it's members only. What a load of utter poppycock.

The Doc knows of at least 5 other beach bars that are all miles better than Barasti and suspects foul play.
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Barasti voted best bar in the world May 17, 2008
scarlet wrote:Go Dubai!! Don't know why Boudoir was the only other contender in dubai though. http://worldsbestbars.com/public/top_listings.jsp

I dont know if it's me...... I just couldnt believe it when I read a pub in Dubai voted the best! LOL Well you can have best service and interior design in the world but to meet the equation of the crowd you gotta have interesting ppl which is less in this place. WELL my point is there aint Barasti anymore in the list it's only Boudoir
desert surfer
Dubai Forums Talker

May 17, 2008
Dr Strangeglove wrote:Milk & Honey is the 25th best bar in the world?!

It's one small dark room in the back of SoHo, where the drinks are twice the price of the pub next door and the serving staff look like they want to strangle you.

The Doc knows of at least 5 other beach bars that are all miles better than Barasti and suspects foul play.

here, here...........
The Major
Dubai forums Addict

May 18, 2008
Dr Strangeglove wrote:Milk & Honey is the 25th best bar in the world?!

Poppy coc*k ! LOL That's a new word in my vocab Doc!
desert surfer
Dubai Forums Talker

May 18, 2008
dale wrote:Unlike Saudi, UAE never claimed to be an Islamic state.

"Islam is the most followed religion in this country."

Every expat I meet here tries to pin-point negative things about Dubai...huh... if you hate this country so much why dont you get a job in some other country or for that fact go back to your own country... or is it that you are such a loser that you cant find a better job elsewhere?

I dont understand why everybody expects Dubai to be a heaven.. its just like any other country and only 50 years old. Think about your own country when it was 50 years old... probably people were chopping each others head for food at that time.

Atleast here people dont kill each other in the name of religion. Think !

This statement is completely wrong, the UAE is most certainly classed as an Islamic State, although run on Liberal lines.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

May 19, 2008
gtmash wrote:A new low for an Islamic country.

Yeah, but at least they don't allow dancing.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

May 23, 2008
Seems that Barasti isn't in the list anymore. Makes sense. It used to be good.
mooh
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat