BANK LOANS

Topic locked
BANK LOANS Jun 09, 2009
Please if someone can tell me,,,,,

If i could not pay back my loans and other debts to the bank for the period of just 3 months due to non late salary pament and very slow business.but still have my job..some please tell me what could happen to me...whould i be jailed for that or whats the maximum that could happen to me in respect of the action by the bank...i receive more than 100 calls a day can t even answer them all

Johnson
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 09, 2009
Looks like you are in trouble!!!!
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jun 11, 2009
well for starters if you dont answer the calls your surely in the shite ... talk to them and work out a deal and tell them your situation ... knowing the understanding and considerate nature of banks theyl let you live but also add on at least 10 grand worth of interest to sweeten the deal...
I hate to break it down m8 but you should have thought of it when u were spending it ... good luck m8
olivertwisted
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 11, 2009
Is it really that much more effort to type 'mate'?

I can understand it (just) if you're texting, but typing like that is, quite literally, retarded.
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 11, 2009
Look no one's interested in sending you to jail. It benefits no one.
But don't avoid the bank. Cuz then ur keeping them in the dark and THAT is dangerous.Schedule an appointment and update them as to ur current situation. You still working, that's really good. I'm sure the lending officers at the bank will negotiate with you.
And yea what debts are you talking about? Always Be aware of your rights. For instance you may have insurance n your debt.
I'm not sure but in the event of a job loss or non payment of salaries the bank is stipulated not to bother you. So read up on your contract and your rights.
I'll try and look something up!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 11, 2009
Dr Strangeglove wrote:Is it really that much more effort to type 'mate'?

I can understand it (just) if you're texting, but typing like that is, quite literally, retarded.

Hey C'mon, there's character in slang :D It's emotive..It's an expression!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 11, 2009
It's devolution. It's more tiny step back up into the trees.
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 11, 2009
The bank will keep buzzing u until you pay at least one installment. Once you fed your account they'll stop barking for a few days and will come back again to force you pay on time. They will use every way possible, calling your mobile, office phone, texting you,...

If you ask for a few days to settle up they may or may not agree, but if you avoid their calls it will end up filing your security cheque. Remember that blank cheque you signed before getting your loan or CC? And they'll fill it with the full outstanding amount (and not only the late payments) and present it to prosecution.

The police may catch you on your work place but not immediately ( depending on the amount claimed by the bank). But if you try to get out of the country you'll definitely get caught. If you get caught someone (a friend hopefully) must deal with the bank collection dept and negotiate how much to pay to dismiss your case and get you out of the bars.

Before your situation gets worse, try to push on your employer or any one owing you to at least cover the late installments.
bedro
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 11, 2009
If you default on your loan the bank will deposit the blank cheque in order to start the ball rolling
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jun 11, 2009
Thank you all....
So, my name will be recorded at the airport even if am owing just three installment?

But how long
Johnson
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 11, 2009
ah, sod it, live life chaps :P
Scotsman

Jun 12, 2009
Johnson wrote:Thank you all....
So, my name will be recorded at the airport even if am owing just three installment?

Pay your debts, is all you have to do.

But how long
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jun 12, 2009
They'll just let you know :).

And yes. Pay your debts...
Johnson wrote:Thank you all....

But how long
bedro
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 12, 2009
Dr Strangeglove wrote:It's devolution. It's more tiny step back up into the trees.

monkee magic mutha (fka!) heee heee, least we can we laff at the 'super intetllgent' MBA's while they get it so horribly wtrong! cue onslauught of abuse (used to it, scottish!) :wink:
Scotsman

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat