Asian Games - Qatar's Success

Topic locked
Asian Games - Qatar's success Dec 16, 2006
I was thinking that Qatar had done really well in the Asian Games, until I read an article in this mornings Gulf News, where it clearly detailed how Qatar & Bahrain have brought in top athletes from Kenya, Ethiopia, even Jamaica, given them Citizenship in order to run under their banners.

I think we in the UAE, can be really proud of the achievements of the UAE athletes, at least they are all home grown.

What do you have to say about this situation???

sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 16, 2006
dont knowmuch about that, but i would just say that the closing ceremony last nite was awesome
samex
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 16, 2006
samex wrote:dont knowmuch about that, but i would just say that the closing ceremony last nite was awesome

I would agree with you, however the opening / closing ceremonies are all high tech stuff, take a look for that article regarding the Athletic achievements.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 16, 2006
ahh i missed her name, but that finale with the singer Lee something, was absolutely gorgeous, i didnt even know what she was singing about,but it sounded really cool.
yeah it has to be high tech stuff, its kinda like them just showing, larger, faster, brighter fireworks and what not.
samex
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat