Anybody Hear About LG's Search For Chocolate Phones?

Topic locked
Anybody hear about LG's search for Chocolate Phones? Sep 26, 2009
Just saw this thing about LG looking for some of their phones or something. Seems way too good to be true. I was wondering if anyone else know anything about this? Personally, I think no company would go through this much trouble unless the phones have some kind of major secret inside them that could hurt the company!

cecilia
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 26, 2009
This post is nonsense, it doesn't even make sense. But put the word 'chocolate' in a header and see how many views it had already... :?

If you want to post here can you please be more detailed in what you are trying to say, rather than leave us all guessing.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 26, 2009
Hey, I know what she's talking about. Though I agree, I think she should have been more specific... I don't know how many people will know what she's talking about. I just read this blog on jazarah that was talking about LG looking for five Chocolate phones with particular serial numbers and will not only pay $10,000 dollars for it, but will give you a brand new phone too. Wow. LG must be loaded, huh?

According to the blog, one of them is actually in Dubai. For those of you who haven't seen it, these are the serial numbers they're looking for.

802KPAE821224
803KPBF578597
803KPXV578330
803KPVH578503
803KPJP923836

I would seriously love to trade in my old phone for $10,000...it's just too bad it's not Chocolate!
jakeanders
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 26, 2009
I don't know what you mean by "nonsense"? It's not my fault you can't put 2 and 2 together and figure out that I'm obviously talking about LG Chocolate. I just saw these things floating around the internet lately and wanted to know if anyone had any more details on this. There is no need to get negative. After all, we're all here to share information!
cecilia
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 26, 2009
probally a rumour, unless anything official from LG.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 26, 2009
Guys, this IS official. I saw similar things on the Internet and went to the Lgmobile website to check (I can't stand not knowing if something is true or not!). Can you believe it, they really are doing this search. Even more amazing is that they actually have a mini site in Arabic! I emailed my sister, who works in Singapore, right away when I saw it because she uses a Chocolate phone, but her serial number didn't match though. :(
Anyway, you guys should check out the site too. I just tried going into it now again to copy and paste some stuff for you guys, but it's under construction. Maybe it'll be up again soon.
Iheartgadget
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Sep 26, 2009
Well it's nice that at least some people have been able to explain what the OP meant...

Is there a link to the website, because it sure sounds like a spoof to me!

Cecilia, why should I have put two and two together, when it was you that was supposed to be posting the information? Are we all supposed to start Googling every time you want to tell us something?

Thanks.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 26, 2009
I agree with Speedhump too, if you post a thread at least post good info with a link.

oh and here's a link for those that who don't know.

http://www.mobileindustryreview.com/200 ... ition.html
G to tha T
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 26, 2009
cecilia wrote:I don't know what you mean by "nonsense"? It's not my fault you can't put 2 and 2 together and figure out that I'm obviously talking about LG Chocolate. I just saw these things floating around the internet lately and wanted to know if anyone had any more details on this. There is no need to get negative. After all, we're all here to share information!

lol hahaha cecilia dont worry Humpty had a great fall and till then he has lost his memory and cant re-call anything, including 2 and 2 together :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 26, 2009
Okay everyone, you guys are right. I should've explained more details in my post. I can't just assume you all know what I'm talking about. Anyway, I looked up the lgmobile site that Iheartgadet mentioned, and what do you know, it's really true... they're really doing the search. But apparently, it's not for all countries. I was clicking through a few and some have the ad and some don't. UAE definitley have one, and UK, Singapore, etc... I guess it's pretty obvious the phones must be in one of these countries, huh? But looking through some of the sites, it still doesn't explain why they're doing this, so I guess no one really knows then.
cecilia
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 26, 2009
Its a charlie and the choc factory style promo ? LG chocolate, Charlie and the chocolate factory, golden wrapper, serial number.

Now you do a one plus one plus = 2
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 27, 2009
rudeboy wrote:
lol hahaha cecilia dont worry Humpty had a great fall and till then he has lost his memory and cant re-call anything, including 2 and 2 together :D

Childish, at least you're not swearing in this thread, yet. Everyone here agreed with me except you, and that includes the original poster, so what does that make you, except tonight's troll? ;) :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 27, 2009
Cecilia, this just looks like a pure promotion, nothing in the phones is going to be worth anything (no Korean military 'phone stealth' technology accidentally installed or anything :D).

To spend $50,000 on gifts and get a worldwide advertising campaign out of it is a great bargain for LG. Viral advertising, if you've heard of it.

The below website says there is one in the UAE (or one was sold in the UAE), so who knows, maybe?

http://www.jazarah.net/blog/lg-is-hunti ... -10k-each/
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 28, 2009
Yup, I guess you're probably right... Or they could just be pretending it's a promotion and then shock us all at the end with some unexpected twist~ :wink:
cecilia
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 28, 2009
You seem to subscribe to the sensationalist school of thought...I'll stick with it just beng a promotion, nothing is ever as exciting as one wants it to be! :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 28, 2009
There's a new microsite up on the lgmobile website for the LG Chocolate phone search. Didn't see it there a few days ago, but they probaby just made it because so many people are asking questions about their search.

Check it out on LG's website. They make it sound so serious...
jakeanders
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat