...and For My 3000th Post

Topic locked
...and for my 3000th post Nov 04, 2008
I just noticed I hit a milestone (millstone?) and decided I should do it in typical DK stylee...

After X years in Dubai, I have just recently had to get a new employment/residence visa. This involved an inordinate amount of form filling, cajolling, red tape and begging, however it was finally granted and I was issued with the requisite pice of pink paper that required me to make an exit and re-entry into DXB atmosphere without burning up.

The wonderful DNRD took all the paperwork and my passport away and were churning through the process, when I was suddenly called upon to make a business trip to Jordan this week. I called the company PRO and they duly returned my passport and a copy of the visa to prove it was issued and 'in process'.

At Sharjah airport, I was turned away from immigration as 'the visa was not yet placed in my passport'. My team had to leave without me for an important gig and I was forced to spend the next 24 hours running from department to department trying to get that elusive sticker on the page. It finally appeared and I was all set to join the rest ofd the gang on a complicated and important job.

I arrive once again at Sharjah airport duly clutching my new and shiny visa and smile sweetly at the girl behind the desk. Imagine my surprise when, once again I am unceremoniously ejected from the airport with an immigration size 9 up my jacksie! Yes, I have a visa, yes it is there in pink and black in my passport...but it ain't on the damn computer yet!
'The computer says no!'

So I languish here in DK towers with the phone burning up my credit and call a Jordanian spectacular of my design, complete with 35 Roman Legionnaires, by remote control from my pit with something akin to a radio football commentry going on in my ear.

Bunch of arse!

I am off to drown my sorrows in a half bottle of JD that is calling me from the kitchen cupboard!

Happy Days to all you DF'ers!

8) 8) 8)

Knight with a visa and nowhere to go!

Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 04, 2008
as you are a knight, they made you to use your legs instead of galloping a horse,
:)

first, it was for the elusive sticker
and next it was for the computer that said no...,

both were at sharjah airport, that shows their lack of professionalism

does the computer still say no?..

a knight would always know how to handle hard situations 8) .,,

Hope everything goes well for ya soon...
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Nov 04, 2008
Well, after all the hassles at the airport, you still got your 3000 post..right.....
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 04, 2008
there is much to enjoy here in the UAE..... :x
Am I'm only posting my 4 the post .. ? :roll:
pete t
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 04, 2008
mate

you should have known better :lol:

you of all people :wink:

anyways congrats on yer 3k and...............

we are over in 2 weeks we really must meet up, cos we are vacating our appartment and you will be required for collections of certain ITEMS :wink:
arniegang

Nov 04, 2008
arniegang wrote:mate

we are over in 2 weeks we really must meet up, cos we are vacating our appartment and you will be required for collections of certain ITEMS :wink:

Not going anywhere mate! The rest of my team is living up in 5 star luxury on the shores of the Dead Sea, whilst I continue to rub my nose off on the old grindstone!

Ya kinda expect that when you have a visa these days, it means you actually have one, ah well Sharjah is living in the dark ages still.

So you are finally donating me your priceless collection of Bernard Bresslaw memorabilia? I am touched!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Nov 04, 2008
They gave you a hard time because maybe they found out you've been working all these years on a visit visa (illegally!) :) :)

Going through SHJ probably means you booked on Air Arabia which gives no refund if you don't travel. More reason to go back to the bottle!

Hey... if you still got some left in that good ol' JD bottle, I can come by and help you kill it..!!

Now to the serious talk:

Before you make one more attempt to travel, have your PRO double check with the Sharjah NRD at the airport. Not the Dubai Dept (DNRD) -- just in case SHJ are too slow updating their system!

P.S. Hope you make it to your 4K post with a happier story!!!

:D :D :D
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 04, 2008
Tom Jones wrote:They gave you a hard time because maybe they found out you've been working all these years on a visit visa (illegally!) :) :)

Going through SHJ probably means you booked on Air Arabia which gives no refund if you don't travel. More reason to go back to the bottle!

Hey... if you still got some left in that good ol' JD bottle, I can come by and help you kill it..!!

Now to the serious talk:

Before you make one more attempt to travel, have your PRO double check with the Sharjah NRD at the airport. Not the Dubai Dept (DNRD) -- just in case SHJ are too slow updating their system!

P.S. Hope you make it to your 4K post with a happier story!!!

I am over it all now.

The bottle still has a dribble in the bottom and I may have to crack open a new one tonight!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Nov 04, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:

Not going anywhere mate! The rest of my team is living up in 5 star luxury on the shores of the Dead Sea, whilst I continue to rub my nose off on the old grindstone!

Ya kinda expect that when you have a visa these days, it means you actually have one, ah well Sharjah is living in the dark ages still.

So you are finally donating me your priceless collection of Bernard Bresslaw memorabilia? I am touched!

Knight

actually its the contents of a certain cupboard in our Kitchen

:wink: :wink:
arniegang

Nov 04, 2008
Congratulations :P
Panda
Dubai Forum User

Nov 05, 2008
arniegang wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:

Knight

actually its the contents of a certain cupboard in our Kitchen

:wink: :wink:

Like I don't have enough toilet rolls already???

Knight
Dubai Knight

Nov 05, 2008
you will need a lot and will talk to god a lot after sampling my cupboard contents

arniegang

Nov 05, 2008
arniegang wrote:you will need a lot and will talk to god a lot after sampling my cupboard contents

I shall have the big white telephone polished and turn off the scrambler!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Nov 05, 2008
support!!
superman
Dubai Forum User

Nov 05, 2008
superman wrote:support!!

Thank you for your support...I shall always wear it!

Knight
Dubai Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat