Ajman Industrial Area Sealed Off

Topic locked
Ajman Industrial Area Sealed off Mar 01, 2009
http://archive.gulfnews.com/articles/09 ... 89859.html
http://archive.gulfnews.com/articles/09 ... 89591.html

There were riot police and military.
I live close to the area and the case seemed more serious than just "illegal workers". I heard from a source that a group of labourers were rioting due to salary payment and ended up decapitating their sponsor. :| dun know i its true or not?

bsorc
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 01, 2009
We have riot police?! Wait...we have a military? :shock:

Hmm no doubt rumors will start flying around...My prediction is nobody would really ever know.
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Ajman Industrial Area Sealed off Mar 01, 2009
bsorc wrote:a group of labourers were rioting due to salary payment and ended up decapitating their sponsor.

Jesus... Imagine what the labourers would do if they DIDN'T get paid!
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 01, 2009
"According to a source close to the Ajman government, the crackdown was spawned by incidents of unrest by illegal workers in the last 10 days, XPRESS was told.

“The area has become dangerous and it’s good that this crackdown is happening now,” he said. “Officials stated that a full-scale inspection is going to happen today and clear away any law breakers.”

According to the source, on Feb. 16 illegal workers confined immigration inspectors and assaulted them at an unidentified warehouse in the industrial area.

A few days later, illegal workers once again lashed out, this time at a police patrol and assaulted the officers. "
bezor
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 01, 2009
I live in ajman... and I saw helicopters flying, military and units looks like SWAT team!!!!

all those for illegal workers?????????? :shock:
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Mar 07, 2009
Hmmmmmmm.... I know the papers are talking about illegal workers but from what I hear from my sources (could very well be a rumor), it is not very good and definitely not something that I can share on a public forum.

but as MC said, no body would ever know!
noaman
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 07, 2009
noaman wrote:Hmmmmmmm.... I know the papers are talking about illegal workers but from what I hear from my sources (could very well be a rumor), it is not very good and definitely not something that I can share on a public forum.

but as MC said, no body would ever know!

I heard something different to the above also but didn't want to comment without hearing more
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 07, 2009
Can someone inform me via PM about 'the rumors'. I am very interested.

Thank you in advance.
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 07, 2009
its because of drugs and arms cache they found there. thats why the "swat" team were involved otherwise the police would have been enough.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 07, 2009
rudeboy wrote:its because of drugs and arms cache they found there. thats why the "swat" team were involved otherwise the police would have been enough.

What about the rumor that 'can't be shared on a public forum'?
Weapons and ammunitions is not really all that 'stunning', or is it?
RobbyG

Mar 07, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
rudeboy wrote:its because of drugs and arms cache they found there. thats why the "swat" team were involved otherwise the police would have been enough.

What about the rumor that 'can't be shared on a public forum'?
Weapons and ammunitions is not really all that 'stunning', or is it?

i dont know what rumor you talking about that cant be shared on a public forum :S i guess that itself is a rumor :D

weapons and ammunitions is really stunning when UAE has a strong NO policy against drugs and especially AMMUNITIONS. Maybe the WORD terroism in UAE is not something the gov would like to have in their country?
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 07, 2009
Read the post of Noaman above.
RobbyG

Mar 07, 2009
RobbyG wrote:Read the post of Noaman above.

who is NOAMAN?
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 07, 2009
Does it matter? I only care about the rumor. Focusss
RobbyG

Mar 07, 2009
maybe they were running a brothel :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 07, 2009
i heard of some bomb/explosives case, sounds to be more realistic..
ahamed
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat