AED 5000 For Talking On The Phone!!!! WTH

Topic locked
AED 5000 for talking on the phone!!!! WTH Apr 01, 2009
hey guys, I received this on my email and I want to ask did any newspaper officially publish this??

Dear Colleagues

Please be advised that effective from the 21st March, the Dubai Police and RTA have introduced new regulations relating to the use of mobile phones whilst driving.

It is advised to not to talk AT ALL on the phone while driving, but if it is an emergency always use hands free mobile phones for a brief communication over the phone when driving.

Anyone caught using a mobile phone whilst driving, without hands free, will be fined AED5000/- and his/her vehicle will be impounded for 15 days.

Please circulate this message to whoever is not copied herewith.

please link back to any articles that link to such news or the above email is another Hoax to scare people

quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Apr 01, 2009
And I'm supposed to bother myself with the search while you sit back and relax???
Snow
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 01, 2009
erm I posted the same last week. And alhtough not verified, I can tell you that I know of two people who were actually fined 10,000 Dhs for talking on the phone whilst driving, and not using a headset!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 01, 2009
Snow wrote:And I'm supposed to bother myself with the search while you sit back and relax???

I did that already but no luck... I just thought maybe one of you read this somewhere...

didn't mean to make it sound that way :P ... I just want to know if someone have official confirmation or something to link it back to
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Apr 01, 2009
Good, and while we're at it can we have 50,000AED fine for turning in the wrong lane, 75,000 fine for not giving way and 100,000AED fine for cutting in front of the queue at traffic lights.
It's the only way these ignorant killers will learn their lesson.
CVB
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 01, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:erm I posted the same last week. And alhtough not verified, I can tell you that I know of two people who were actually fined 10,000 Dhs for talking on the phone whilst driving, and not using a headset!

That's the problem right there. The chain email claims 5000 and you say your friends got 10000. And my friend got fined 200 a few weeks ago for this. I think your friends were drunk too.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 01, 2009
gtmash wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:erm I posted the same last week. And alhtough not verified, I can tell you that I know of two people who were actually fined 10,000 Dhs for talking on the phone whilst driving, and not using a headset!

That's the problem right there. The chain email claims 5000 and you say your friends got 10000. And my friend got fined 200 a few weeks ago for this. I think your friends were drunk too.

:lol: :lol:
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Apr 01, 2009
i am not drunk or anything but i wish that 5000 fine is true because it's irresponsible for a driver having his child at the front seat, the wife with no seat belt on, and he's on the phone with his mama abroad.. :!: :!:

rch
BB
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 01, 2009
its about time the roads became safer and people were punished for not paying attention whilst on them.
hopefully with new speed camers in place and harsh fines people will start to learn and we will begin to see some changes for the better!
moneyexpert
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 01, 2009
Yes, agree with above. There is so much Inshallah no-responsibility here whilst driving. from kids 'free ranging' to people texting (not jusy talking) on their phones.

Examples need to be made or people will be killed throuigh lack of concentration / ability to drive whilst replying to that SMS.

I mean cant it possibly wait until you get where you are going? Are you really that important?
seardarren
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 01, 2009
seardarren wrote:Yes, agree with above. There is so much Inshallah no-responsibility here whilst driving. from kids 'free ranging' to people texting (not jusy talking) on their phones.

Examples need to be made or people will be killed throuigh lack of concentration / ability to drive whilst replying to that SMS.

I mean cant it possibly wait until you get where you are going? Are you really that important?

how about you request Dubai police to make the fine up to 100000 dhs and throw the person in Jail for sending sms or talking on the phone... for YOU and the above to be happy!!!!!!?!?!

This is not our issue here on this thread!!!!!

if you know something about my initial post, please reply
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat