600 Phone Numbers

Topic locked
600 Phone Numbers Jul 18, 2010
Does anyone know if these are toll free?

Thanks

KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: 600 Phone Numbers Jul 18, 2010
Thought it was only 800 numbers.

:? :? :?

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: 600 Phone Numbers Jul 19, 2010
i dont think they are free. I read about them somewhere on etisalats website!
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: 600 Phone Numbers Jul 19, 2010
Not free - Etisalat website ...

Usage Charges 0.18 / min Fixed-line phones
Off Peak Usage Charges 0.09 / min
Usage Charges 0.15 / 30sec From mobile telephones - From 61st seconds onwards
Off Peak Usage Charges 0.12 / 30sec
Usage Charges 0.30 / min From mobile telephones - For the first 60 seconds
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: 600 Phone Numbers Feb 14, 2015
Here's my take... 600 numbers used for customer service & the like should be boycotted. I bet many people think it's free & never bother to check.

A company should be willing to pay for the privilege to speak to its customers.

It's really "cheap" when a company uses a 600 number instead of Toll-Free, except in some exceptional cases... but restaurant delivery (free delivery or otherwise) or airlines (customer care or reservations) using 600 numbers don't qualify as exceptions in my opinion.
FreeWater
Dubai Forum Guest

undefined Jun 18, 2015
In the UAE calls between landlines are free when made within the same Emirate. What this means is that the telephone operator has a revenue sharing with the company that has hosted the 600 series number, and the money is a charge for using the service!It does not make sense to charge customers for a service provided over the phone! In most countries, when such calls are made, it goes with a recorded warning on what charges will be incurred. It is a failure of the TRA in not imposing such requirements, as most unsuspecting users call on these numbers thinking these are toll-free.
krishnanraj
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined Jul 17, 2016
What a disgrace !!!! That a bank, of all businesses, would use a '600' number instead of an '800' toll-free number for customer service.

What's worse is that you have to go thru an automated menu & waste the first few minutes until you get to speak to person if you're lucky enough. I just called a bank on a '600' number & they have the nerve to ask you to wait on the line to complete a (self-serving) survey... yeah right !! That's one bank that will never have my time or feedback... let alone my business or trust.
FreeWater
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat