Switch Electronics - Supplied Broken Tv And Wont Help!

Topic locked
Switch Electronics - Supplied broken tv and wont help! Mar 25, 2009
I recently purchased 2 LCD tv's from Switch Electronics in Lamcy Plaza.

One of the tv's was fine, but the other was delivered damaged, physically it looked fine, but on using it there were multi- coloured stripes down one side of the picture. I immediately called Switch (a few hours after delivery) to make them aware of the problem.

They claimed it isnt Switches problem and have refused to do anything, they wont agree to exchange, refund or give a credit note. So at this moment in time they have my money and I have no functional TV.

They even accussed me of dropping the tv, clearly unaware that if you drop an LCD it will break or at best have some damage!!!! This tv is as new on the outside. Clearly they are clueless because I took the tv into the store (after they failed to return my calls etc) and they didnt even know how to set up the tv and test it.

kayshastopps
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Mar 26, 2009
The TV should have atleast a 1 yr warranty from the manufacturer. Locate the dealer for your brand and get in touch with them. They are obligated to exhange or atleast repair at the veryleast.

2 yrs back I bought a noname brand "Eurostar" LCD from geant in Ibn Batutta. After a week it stopped working. I didn't get in touch with Geant because I know they will just redirect me to the dealer and I live in shj not very easy to almost go to Jebel Ali, but found a local address and phone number in the manuals supplied. Cut a long story short. The poor guys came in a cab from bur dubai to my place in Shj with a new unit plugged it and checked to see if it was working and took the old one back by cab !

Similarly eairlier A Garmin GPS I purchased from Carrefour decided to stop working after 7 months of use. Went to C4 the person at the service desk said I could leave it with them but only once a week a guy from the dealers comes to pick up stuff so at a minimum I was looking at a two week delay. He said If I want faster service I could go to the dealer myself. Got a number from the desk called found out the location and with in two days I had it replaced with a new unit !
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 28, 2009
same here , dell notebook ........ man they are amazing , I called the dealer toll free and they send someone to my home in shj to change the motherboard .......... zero charges althought my warranty expired as they knew there was a problem with the notebook model , so they extended the warranty on the board to 5 years .

contact the dealer directly .
off-road
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list