Pride (More DIsgrace) Of Kashmir

Topic locked
Pride (More DIsgrace) of Kashmir Feb 24, 2008
I bought a shawl from Pride of Kashmir (POK) store located in the Madinat Jumeirah souk. The salesman assured us at the time of purchase that it was a 100% Pashmina Jamawar stole and charged us AED 1925 (Tag value was AED 2750 less 30%). The shawl was sparingly used and yet it began to fray and tear at the edges. When it was given to a professional darner to mend he informed us that the shawl was a machine made woolen shawl. I got the shawl independently evaluated by two leading stores who confirmed that the shawl was indeed a machine made woolen shawl and was definitely not a Pashmina as had been stated on the invoice. The shawl was not worth more than AED 250-300! POK has misled and sold fake goods to us under false pretences.

Guys beware this is a big con. Most tourists need to be careful!!

dubairez
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Pride (More DIsgrace) of Kashmir Feb 27, 2008
dubairez wrote:I bought a shawl from Pride of Kashmir (POK) store located in the Madinat Jumeirah souk. The salesman assured us at the time of purchase that it was a 100% Pashmina Jamawar stole and charged us AED 1925 (Tag value was AED 2750 less 30%). The shawl was sparingly used and yet it began to fray and tear at the edges. When it was given to a professional darner to mend he informed us that the shawl was a machine made woolen shawl. I got the shawl independently evaluated by two leading stores who confirmed that the shawl was indeed a machine made woolen shawl and was definitely not a Pashmina as had been stated on the invoice. The shawl was not worth more than AED 250-300! POK has misled and sold fake goods to us under false pretences.

Guys beware this is a big con. Most tourists need to be careful!!

Dubairez being a kashmiri i can tell you that if you bought it in Kashmir or Nepal where they manufacture the pashima, the price is less then 250dhs. its only in shops in UAE and around the world they mark the price up and sell it under a brand name. but where it is manufacturered you can get it for pretty cheap.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 02, 2009
so buy a ticket and go to Kashmir and you would still come out low
finny76
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list