Etisalat And The IPhone3g Bills.

Topic locked
Etisalat and the iPhone3g Bills. May 15, 2009
Hi Guys,
I just recently got my hands on the iPhone 3g though the Etisalats Data Plan 2. Now as far as i, a consumer, am concerned there seems to be lack of transparency on what we are being charged for on our bills.

Moreover, half the customer support teams don't know what they are talking about or don't seem to be sharing the same info on a particular product. For instance, when i first called them up to ask about the dates for the particular time of the month when i would be billed and i was told it would be only during the end of the month. Despite that i was charged 349dhs on the same day i got my iphone 3g (after paying the 840Dhs upfront charge) which was on the 14th April, the second time i was charged 349dhs again was on the 1st of May which btw didn't allow me to use up my remaining talk time, sms's and bandwidth that i actually paid for.

Now the funny thing is when i recently opened a new Online Account on the Etisalat website to keep an eye on all my billing activities i noticed that for some unknown reason i was being charged apprx 45Dhs for making local calls that didnt even exceed 23minutes and an additional 55dhs for another unknown reason with the word "STD" on the side. Can anyone pls tell me what does "Open World 300" mean? Im sorry their website didnt mention anything about what it means.

Im just frustrated because i rarely use my iphone to make outgoing calls and it easily managed to top my bill to 420dhs in less than 15days. Its ridiculous.

bushako

May 15, 2009
and btw i am not reistered to any other Etisalat Services other than the Iphone data plan and yes i have reconfirmed it by calling up 101. And if STD means local calls then why am i being charged twice?
bushako

May 16, 2009
Hey you gotta visit the etisalat main office in deira , or the one in burdubai , or the one on shaikh zayed road, get a token from the customer service desk for mobile gsm billing complaints/inquiry and discuss ur matter with the representatives over there they are very helpful... and be polite :)
MAATC
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 21, 2009
Yeah, be polite because whether they deL honestly and try to help is up to their whim - they are under no moral or ethical obligation. Anyway, the iPhone 3g is shite, but try to get a 3g s in Dubai! Dubai sucks!
Wakemanjohn
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list