What Can Void The Warranty Of A New Car?

Topic locked
What can void the warranty of a new car? Nov 12, 2007
I'm totally new to own a car.
Other than change on the engine, what can void the warranty of a new car?

While keeping the warranty, is it Ok to install/change/upgrade?

- audio system with amp & sub
- keyless entry remote
- alarm system
- rims & tires
- spoilers & sidestep
- air & oil filter
- headlights
- spark plugs
- paint job on some parts of body

xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 12, 2007
the items which you mentioned does not void the warranty of your car from the dealer unless:

keyless entry is pre-installed on your ride & you have trouble with the one you installed yourself, they will not fix it for you.

And the same goes for everything else (i.e. your problems with the items you relpaced)

Until and unless you whine a little..

Best of luck
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Nov 12, 2007
Ok, from your info, my first things to do after getting the car delivered (Tucson V6 2.7L 4WD standard):

- To upgrade/replace factory default audio system with third party audio system (CD + speakers + amp): surely i can't complain to the dealer if something goes wrong with the new system, except to the shop who done the installation.
Any suggestion of shop? Not high-end one, no custom box, but must be neat.

- To install new keyless entry (+alarm) system: no keyless entry option by default, so i think this applies the same, can't complain to dealer except to the shop who done the installation.
Any suggestion of shop? Must be neat.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 12, 2007
there is a trusted iranian guy near our garage, but i am not sure if you are fine with getting your job done by them.

They are neat, reasonable price & deals mostly with the rich guys. Although the area might suck, they are the best at their work.

But if you are lookign for a cheap deal, get around in deira ( opposite hyatt regency ) there are a bunch of crooks who would do at the lowest.
ahamed
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto