Parking Sensors?

Topic locked
Parking sensors? Mar 07, 2008
I received a quote from Liberty to install front and back parking sensors on my Hummer H3 for 1600AED.

Could anyone tell me if there are any cheaper places in Dubai and what the quality is like? Is 1600AED expensive for this? This is to install the sensors and the feedback unit inside the car that sits on the dashboard.

Thanks

XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 08, 2008
Hi, my brother got it for his Murano for 600 DH but without the board only by sound alaram.
Hope its help
yasrkasem
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 08, 2008
Ok - what do you mean "without the board" and where did your brother get it done?

Thanks.
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 08, 2008
xp am not sure y u want to spend 1600dhs :S just go to any iranian shop and get the chinese stuff. they are good and cheap. dont let the word "china" put u off ;).
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 08, 2008
The reason I posted is because I do not want to pay 1600 AED. Where does it say that I do.

Where are these "Iranian" shops and how do the sensors install onto the car?

[/b]
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 08, 2008
oh ok. there are some opposite the hyaat regency on naif road. The iranians sell it cheap and they good. i installed them myself. took out the bumpers drilled holes in and did all the calibration of the sensors myself. hmm saved 100dh this way.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 08, 2008
Cool thanks. How much did you pay?

Will they do the installation if I pay? Can't be bothered to do it myself.
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 09, 2008
XPClone wrote:Cool thanks. How much did you pay?

Will they do the installation if I pay? Can't be bothered to do it myself.

i paid 500dhs after loads of bargining as usual :D

they were charging 600dhs with installation.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 09, 2008
Hey XP, sorry for late reply,
my brother got it from Nissan it self, and the board word i said i mean the internal screen into the car, its only sound alarm.
rudboy is right in satwa or any where else like karama u can hava all u want in cheaper also try the dragon market in intl city they have great stuff there even back camera in very good prices
yasrkasem
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 10, 2008
I don't get it! 'Parking sensors'? Can't people just learn to park using their spacial awareness, or have people just become too lazy and rubbish at parking. Wait what am I saying, most of the people I see on the roads here can't even reverse parallel park.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 10, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:I don't get it! 'Parking sensors'? Can't people just learn to park using their spacial awareness, or have people just become too lazy and rubbish at parking. Wait what am I saying, most of the people I see on the roads here can't even reverse parallel park.

I wondered when you would come onto this thread. Actually I can park. I am very good at parking and can park a large number of vehicles with no problem. The reason I am asking for them is because my wife will be driving the car soon and as it is bigger than she is used to driving - she requested them.

Hope this is OK with you?
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 10, 2008
hahaha XP 1 - Choco 0
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 10, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:I don't get it! 'Parking sensors'? Can't people just learn to park using their spacial awareness, or have people just become too lazy and rubbish at parking. Wait what am I saying, most of the people I see on the roads here can't even reverse parallel park.

You're in for a shock when you're ask what parallel parking is..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 10, 2008
XPClone wrote:

I wondered when you would come onto this thread. Actually I can park. I am very good at parking and can park a large number of vehicles with no problem. The reason I am asking for them is because my wife will be driving the car soon and as it is bigger than she is used to driving - she requested them.

Hope this is OK with you?

Er then you get used to driving a bigger car! That's just letting the female side down - pfff
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 11, 2008
Oh yeah and run the risk of the car being dented in the learning process.

The thread is about sourcing the sensors - not whether I should or shouldn't have them. Please keep the thread on topic.

Oh and why do you keep saying "Err" or "Er" in your threads. You sound like a Californian teenager.
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 11, 2008
Fair enough. But IMHO if you're any kind of decent driver, you should be able to get into any vehicle and drive it, park it etc. I'm against all these gadgets which take the 'skill' of driving away.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 12, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Fair enough. But IMHO if you're any kind of decent driver, you should be able to get into any vehicle and drive it, park it etc. I'm against all these gadgets which take the 'skill' of driving away.

there is NO question about driving skills here... parking sensors are just another safety feature. thats why all the new cars have this extra feature like extra air-bags etc.

I have been driving for 7 years now and I never had a problem parking... and I recently bought a new car which got build in sensor... honestly, it make your life easier. thats why technology is invented..

I never felt the need for parking-sensors in the past... but now I find it very helpful.

I actually advice everyone who got medium to big size car to install parking sensors... as I said, they are just like any extra safety features.

going back on-topic.

1600 AED for the sensor is too much! as others mentioned go to karama or Naif and install it for as little as 500... all my friends did so and they work like a charm... just try to look for a two year or three warranty as this somehow indicates quality.

plus, the main reason I support going for less costly sensors is that if someone hit you and damaged them... you will need to buy new sensors (insurance does not cover them)

my two cents 8)
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Mar 19, 2008
I drove the Hummer H3, and in all honesty, it is awful when it comes to visibility. It is impossible to parallel park in a tight spot because the rear tyre blocks the view. All 4WDs are not this bad though. I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee without sensors, and never had a problem with it. So it is a design fault rather than driver incapability.

I'd say go for the sensors. Yellow Hat at Times Square Mall sells a unit for 600 + installation. Also, those little shops in Naif and Satwa sell and install them too, for much less than 1000.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 19, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Fair enough. But IMHO if you're any kind of decent driver, you should be able to get into any vehicle and drive it, park it etc. I'm against all these gadgets which take the 'skill' of driving away.

hehehe i agree with you. if you are a good driver u should be able to park without any aid. got a 4 wheeler myself the beep beep sound is ANNOYING but yet it is helpful when you want to park some where tight and you know what parking is like in dubai :D. oh a camera and a tv at the rear helps too ;) great for parking and for taking down numbers of drivers ;).
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto