Nissan 350Z / Infiniti G35 / ?

Topic locked
Nissan 350Z / Infiniti G35 / ? Jan 03, 2007
Hi there, I'm quiet new here in Dubai and I'm just thinking of getting a car within the next months. I prefer the Nissan 350Z or the Infiniti G35, I think both are based on the same platform with the same engines. Are there any other nice sport coupes you can recommend?

In germany i had a new Focus ST 2007 (225 bhp), I really liked this car, but it's not available in the UAE.

Greets,
Fabian

f-a-b-i
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 03, 2007
Think the G35 Coupe might be the car for you to get. The Z is an awesome car. Here's mine, which was bought from new, and then modified:

Sadly, she is no longer mine.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 03, 2007
Hey yorky,
what are you actually driving? Are there some good Nissan Dealers arround here? I wrote to arabienautomobiles but haven't recieved an answer yet. G35 is a 2+2 Seater, i like both :).

Some Pics from the Focus ST:

f-a-b-i
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 03, 2007
Arabian Automobiles is the only place to get new Nissan/Infinity here in the Dubai (perhaps other Emirates have different stealerships).

Their aftersales service is NOT the best, but not the worst either. Servicing is not that costly, for the 350Z.

It really depends on what car you are looking for. There are some very nice cars in a similar price bracket to the 350Z (Dhs140K) i.e. 2007 Lumina SS (5.7l, V8, 360bhp) approx Dhs130K; Golf R32 approx Dhs132K, plus a few others.

Sadly, we do not get a lot of "hot hatches" here in the UAE. Honda no longer, Renault still have the Clio 182/197, Golf GTI and R32 and thats about all I can think of. Ford are not a big brand here i.e. compared to Jap brands so they have limited selection.

have you thought about bringing your car with you?
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 03, 2007
Its a little bit expensive, should be better to get a car here. the focus st has no gulf specs and service will be propably because ford seems to be not allowed to do something with it.

i don't really like volkswagen. in the ucc their are 2 nissan 350z arround 85-90k dhs, the 2003 model. maybe i'll have a look at them. do you now the price for insurance @350z/g35? is the insurance much cheaper for a used car?

thanks for your advice,
fabi
f-a-b-i
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 03, 2007
yorky500 wrote:Think the G35 Coupe might be the car for you to get. The Z is an awesome car. Here's mine, which was bought from new, and then modified:

One of the best coupes around - looks awesome, i can see why you miss it.

Also i never liked the focus - but you have just converted me :)
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Jan 04, 2007
f-a-b-i wrote:Its a little bit expensive, should be better to get a car here. the focus st has no gulf specs and service will be propably because ford seems to be not allowed to do something with it.

i don't really like volkswagen. in the ucc their are 2 nissan 350z arround 85-90k dhs, the 2003 model. maybe i'll have a look at them. do you now the price for insurance @350z/g35? is the insurance much cheaper for a used car?

thanks for your advice,
fabi

Ok, you are looking at Z's that no longer have an warranty. Be very careful when buying a used Z. A lot of them will be imported from USA, with no service history and you have NO IDEA what has happened to the cars, unless you really, really know what you are looking for.

We get one standard spec'd Z here in the UAE and its either M/T or A/T and comes with 294bhp. The USA spec has many and comes with 287bhp (stock).

Just be very careful of what you buy and always check for service history and try and get the car checked over by Nissan before buying.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 04, 2007
jabbajabba wrote:
yorky500 wrote:Think the G35 Coupe might be the car for you to get. The Z is an awesome car. Here's mine, which was bought from new, and then modified:

One of the best coupes around - looks awesome, i can see why you miss it.

Thanks. Yeah, I do miss her a hell of a lot. She was my pride and joy. Sadly, she was sold as I switched jobs and the long commute was just not cutting it.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 04, 2007
The 360 hp 2007 Lumina SS has patchy build quality. And the 306 hp 2007 G35 is in sedan form only for now, with a foot parking brake.

http://www.drivearabia.com/news/2006/12 ... this-year/

Yep.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto